Let's remember Windows Mobile 6.1 !

Gergolos

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I love this thread! Thanks for posting all of these nostalgic posts and pictures. Please continue doing so!

Sadly I never had a wm phone, but my girlfriend used to have on and kind of hated it. I guess windows mobile was waaaay too much for someone "geek-free". At least the usablity was not the best (screen size + windows). But I sure loved the way how some friends of mine were "rocking" their devices running wm.

Personally, I love the way WP was designed and think it was the correct way. BUT: I would love to have a phone with both "ways". Just like W8... I love my Surface 2 for having the touch friendly design, but also love it for having all the windows functions and options when going to desktop mode... A phone like that would be awesomeioooo!

Long story short: keep up the great stories and pictures!
​Cheers

Cyterio

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I used to lug this beast around back in 2004-2005. It was a great phone! I actually received two of them accidentally from Verizon on a buy 1 get 1 free promo they had even though I was only activating one line. Never activated the other one and was never charged for it. I ended up selling it in a yard sale just a few years ago for $50.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140621_0001.png
    wp_ss_20140621_0001.png
    190.7 KB · Views: 12

Cyterio

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I used to lug this beast around back in 2004-2005. It was a great phone! I actually received two of them accidentally from Verizon on a buy 1 get 1 free promo they had even though I was only activating one line. Never activated the other one and was never charged for it. I ended up selling it in a yard sale just a few years ago for $50.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
The first one through att that I got was Samsung focus, there was also an HTC one that had a slide out speaker and there was another but forget which brand and it had the qwerty slide out keyboard.

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Had an LG Quantum with keyboard on WP 7
My friend was an LG rep and let me use it for a while. I dont think it had a keyboard though. You might be thinking of the Optimus. She pretty much said it was pointless to try to push in her region because no one cared and she didnt bother to familiarize herself with the phone. TBH, that device is what got me hooked and convinced me to get the 928.

AngrySprintUser

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Dont get me wrong, It took Android a while to really hit the sweetspot but there is this ingrained hatred for Microsoft among the general public that wont allow for any mistakes. When Android came out people were more forgiving and patient. This is why they couldnt just be on par with Android. WM was doomed not because it wasnt capable or didnt have potential, its because people were just tired of old Microsoft. Its going to happen to Apple and Google eventually but it may take 5-10 years.

When Android came out IOS was still exclusive to AT&T so they had the advantage of not competing with them on the other carriers. That's why I had an Android because it was our only option to get a phone with apps at the time.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
When Android came out IOS was still exclusive to AT&T so they had the advantage of not competing with them on the other carriers. That's why I had an Android because it was our only option to get a phone with apps at the time.

Yeah but when the first Android (HTC G1) came out it was a T-Mobile exclusive. It wasn't until the Droid series came out on Verizon that Android gained traction.

AngrySprintUser

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah but when the first Android (HTC G1) came out it was a T-Mobile exclusive. It wasn't until the Droid series came out on Verizon that Android gained traction.

When Android was available on Sprint, iPhone was still years away from being available. Android sucked, but I was the only option in that class of phones.

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
When Android was available on Sprint, iPhone was still years away from being available. Android sucked, but I was the only option in that class of phones.
Yeah, Android was just in the right place at the right time. Apple was exclusive to ATT but was growing in popularity. Verizon (not wanting to be overtaken by ATT) had to find a flagship device that rivaled the iPhone. The Droid was born not out of popularity but necessity. If Steve Balmer was more forward thinking, he would have had a WP Champion device ready for Verizon to fill that void when that happened. Instead he gave Verizon a phone with an aging platform with caked on make-up and a face lift. Verizon customers were sick of Microsoft's lack of effort and were hungry for something new. This created the "Everything Microsoft does sucks and everything Google/Apple does is awesome" mentality. Since Microsoft was slow to turn the ship around they further reinforced this notion that they sucked for several more years. It'll take at least 5 years plus several awesome products a year to shake this image. The Surface 3 and Lumia 1020 were able to crack the ice a little but Microsoft still has a lot of work to do.

Snerty

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I would really like to know if there is a program or app the lets me set my pocket pc win 6.1 up as a hotspot using it as a lue tooth modem it is lighting fast but I want to tether a number of devices to it at once
:smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)