Google do not want to supply ads to Windows Phone

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Google have an AdMob SDK for Android, iOS and Windows Phone, but it is only available for Windows Phone 7. They have not updated this to support Windows Phone 8 and have not supplied an SDK for Windows 8.
I can only see this as another deliberate snub to Microsoft.

Here's the thread on their forum.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/google-admob-ads-sdk/uvtkYbersak

Don't expect to see it soon either, Goggle will take there sweet time on updating the SDK.

Cleavitt76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Google is only hurting themselves. Developers have other choices for in app advertising. Nobody cares where the ads come from. Dumb business move on Google's part.

1101x10

May 27, 2012
Visit site
So this basically means no annoying Google ads? I for one do not see an issue with this.

The main issue here is the impact on developers. Microsoft's own ad network pubCenter used to provide a good ECPM (amount of money you get for 1000 ad impressions) but this has really plummeted. It seems they are having problems signing up advertisers that want to advertise on Windows Phone (and probably even less on Windows 8) and their coverage outside of a few major countries is not good. Developers are complaining that the ECPM has got so low that they are basically showing ads for free in their apps.
There are other ad networks but these can be hit and miss from what I've read.

So if developers can't monetize their apps through ads and users don't want to pay for them (because free apps are the biggest market) then it gives them less incentive to further develop for Windows Phone which is not a good situation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro