Internet back button issue fixed

laith91

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Windows Phone internet back Button issue is fixed! Is it only my phone? I did not notice until today.

For those of you who haven't noticed:
We all know windows phone uses the phone back button as browser back button. However, the back button stopped working whenever you went out of your internet session. Whether hitting the home button or opening another program and then returning to the browser would make the bake button close the browser and retur you to home screen instead of taking you back to the previous page.

Well I recently got a mystical update a while after GDR2. And it seems that my internet browser doesn't have this problem anhymore. I have a HTC 8X.

Last edited:

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
What was wrong with the back button?

I believe there was a thing about how going into IE and hitting back may not take you back a page, but leave the app altogether, especially if you went back to it from the home screen instead of multitasking. There was a call in another thread for there to be a separate back button. This is the mobile version of IE10, not the desktop version (as that's always worked correctly).

anon(5803215)

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I believe there was a thing about how going into IE and hitting back may not take you back a page, but leave the app altogether, especially if you went back to it from the home screen instead of multitasking. There was a call in another thread for there to be a separate back button. This is the mobile version of IE10, not the desktop version (as that's always worked correctly).
I have this issue too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills