Windows Phone reaches 8.2% in Europe .. getting close to iOS

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Also Windows Phone beats iOS in Mexico

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=314881605322226&set=a.275837415893312.1073741826.275818985895155&type=1&theater

News - Record share for Windows phone - Kantar Worldpanel

1236976_314881605322226_822015616_n.jpg

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand the lack of growth in the USA?

the stupid carrier stores not placing proper stock and displays(changing slightly nowadays), fanatic greed for iPhones, bad word of mouth (still people believe windows phone has no apps, ahh the idiots) , store reps not having any idea how to sell windows phone or indeed what it is, tech blogs as usual bashing it for lack of instagram or some other apps.

I am basing my above statement on reading multiple forum posts, comments on sites like verge, pocketnow, technobuffalo and a lot more.

Basically the mindset of the people is tough to change, once the word starts to spread something is bad the people who haven't even used something will spread the word that the item is worthless.

someone tell me I am wrong with what I said

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
the stupid carrier stores not placing proper stock and displays(changing slightly nowadays), fanatic greed for iPhones, bad word of mouth (still people believe windows phone has no apps, ahh the idiots) , store reps not having any idea how to sell windows phone or indeed what it is, tech blogs as usual bashing it for lack of instagram or some other apps.

I am basing my above statement on reading multiple forum posts, comments on sites like verge, pocketnow, technobuffalo and a lot more.

Basically the mindset of the people is tough to change, once the word starts to spread something is bad the people who haven't even used something will spread the word that the item is worthless.

You're wrong.

There, the 9 has spoken.

Which means, /s.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Well there was .5 change in the USA from 2012 to 2013 that is something at least. And in every other country there was an increase, expect in Italy and China which is down. Very good sign that windows phone share is growing worldwide.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well there was .5 change in the USA from 2012 to 2013 that is something at least. And in every other country there was an increase, expect in Italy and China which is down. Very good sign that windows phone share is growing worldwide.

I've heard that Lumia 520 sells around 190 Euros (donno if price has changed recently) in Italy which is one of the strongholds of WP in EU, I think they would be better off reducing the price to compete with the cheap 150 Euro androids.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I've heard that Lumia 520 sells around 190 Euros (donno if price has changed recently) in Italy which is one of the strongholds of WP in EU, I think they would be better off reducing the price to compete with the cheap 150 Euro androids.
Considering the fact that Nokia currently has one of the highest quality low-end phones out there, they deserve the margins.

Remember, people will be worrying about ASP in Q3.

BobR1908

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't necessarily agree with "getting close to iOS" knowing Apple is at 17% compared to Windows 8%

However, I am happy to see the WP footprint growing. Some key things need to change in order for them to compete against Android or iOS - two of those things being an improved app market and better notification system.

I love my Lumia 920 and know the potential is there but do find me using my Note 2 most.

falconeight

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
People are blaming carriers but every att store I walk into has entire locations dedicated to WP8. Americans don't buy into new stuff unless they are told its cool. As soon as enough Americans go to Europe and young people sporting WP8 devices then it will start to catch on.

Rem97

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm kind of worried that apples low cost iPhone will ruin all this progress! Hopefully the rumors about it being 400$ off contract are true because that is super expensive

That's exactly what I've been thinking. Apple release the iPhone 5c (or what ever its going to be called) and then cut into the market share of WP rather than android. The 520 has been a high fligher in emerging markets and the low cost iPhone could potentially sway alot of consumers. In an ideal world (atleast my ideal world) it cuts into the android market share and WP continues to thrive so we can get some of the "big" apps (app store is more than fine for me). If all this happens then WP will be higher on MS' agenda which will result in more work being put in to WP for future updates.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I was at Wal-Mart yesterday getting a battery for my car and saw 3 people getting the T-Mo 521, and I was only there a few minutes. AIO is marketing quite heavily here in Miami with billboards and radio ads for the 620. I'm hoping that enough of these "low-end" Nokias get out there and become their own walking ads. There is no low or mid-range Android that can go toe-to-toe with the 620 or 521. I sold my 900 and kept the 620, it's that good.

bryantest

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site

Well not to disagree on what you just said..

But some people at Microsoft's marketing department are definitely being incompetent in their jobs :unhappy:

Because no matter how you put in..considering all those news about Lumia phone being best sellers at Amazon, Verizon and etc...0.5% growth is just plain INEXCUSABLE

bryantest

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't care less what market share WP has. I got it, I like it, good enough for me.

Actually you should...you see if you think the guy replacing Ballmer will not factor in market share by then when he's going to make a decision about WP's future, then you're just plain naive

The months between Ballmer resigning and the his replacement coming in...might be the most critical period in WP's history. WP really has to prove it can really keep the train running and at the same time make significant progress in gaining US market share.

bryantest

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
That's exactly what I've been thinking. Apple release the iPhone 5c (or what ever its going to be called) and then cut into the market share of WP rather than android. The 520 has been a high fligher in emerging markets and the low cost iPhone could potentially sway alot of consumers. In an ideal world (atleast my ideal world) it cuts into the android market share and WP continues to thrive so we can get some of the "big" apps (app store is more than fine for me). If all this happens then WP will be higher on MS' agenda which will result in more work being put in to WP for future updates.

Well let's ask ourselves this..if the 5C is going to be a compelling alternative to the low end Lumia's, how low will Apple go price-wise? I really really can't see Apple closely matching the low end Lumias price-wise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786