Windows Phone reaches 8.2% in Europe .. getting close to iOS

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Well let's ask ourselves this..if the 5C is going to be a compelling alternative to the low end Lumia's, how low will Apple go price-wise? I really really can't see Apple closely matching the low end Lumias price-wise.

same here, the rumored price os 400$ which is pretty laughable haha

angusdegraosta

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Neither the # of apps nor a notification center is holding WP back. What it needs is to shed the death by a thousand paper cuts image it gets because of the clunkiness of certain aspects of the UI. Even so, it is improving slowly and steadily achieving new users. That is good news.

BobR1908

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Neither the # of apps nor a notification center is holding WP back. What it needs is to shed the death by a thousand paper cuts image it gets because of the clunkiness of certain aspects of the UI. Even so, it is improving slowly and steadily achieving new users. That is good news.

To each their own - I will respectfully disagree. Lack of quality apps (example I can bank on my Android phones and have been able to for a long time with NO problem but no app on my WP because developers simply are not paying attention to it yet) and a poor notification system hurts WP. In my opinion.

BobR1908

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Actually you should...you see if you think the guy replacing Ballmer will not factor in market share by then when he's going to make a decision about WP's future, then you're just plain naive

The months between Ballmer resigning and the his replacement coming in...might be the most critical period in WP's history. WP really has to prove it can really keep the train running and at the same time make significant progress in gaining US market share.

Don't be surprised if Stephen Elop replaces Steve Ballmer. He worked with Ballmer in the past, was well respected and is passionate about WP. If it happens it will be a great thing for the WP ecosystem.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Don't be surprised if Stephen Elop replaces Steve Ballmer. He worked with Ballmer in the past, was well respected and is passionate about WP. If it happens it will be a great thing for the WP ecosystem.

Scary and exciting times ahead IMO . Microsoft is shaking up everything internally and externally. I hope the acquisition is going to pay off. As for Elop to be the CEO, there are good chances of that happening now.

paperless

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Apple can't price the iPhone 5C too low unless they're willing to discontinue the iPod touch or risk canibalizing its market. So unless they kill the iPod touch or make it very cheap I'm willing to bet the iPhone 5C will cost ?400 / $400 or more.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Apple can't price the iPhone 5C too low unless they're willing to discontinue the iPod touch or risk canibalizing its market. So unless they kill the iPod touch or make it very cheap I'm willing to bet the iPhone 5C will cost €400 / $400 or more.

400$ is too much, if indeed they plan to concentrate on emerging markets in addition to emerged ones , cheap Androids here sell for around 200$ and Lumia 520 sells for 150$ which is why it is the top WIndows Phone in India.

400$ is basically too much in India, I mean Lumia 925 comes in at 470$ here. I think a price similar to Lumia 720 around 300 $ is ideal for this cheap iPhone. But I hope they release it at 400$ and in turn sell more Lumias :noevil: :|

MrCartas

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand the lack of growth in the USA?

I was at Costco the other day and I asked about the Nokia 920 and they stated that they don't carry it. The sales person told me: "You really don't want that phone anyway. No one likes the Windows Phone it has."

I think this is why it's not selling in the US. Maybe there are only Android or iPhone lovers as sales people? who knows!

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
400$ is too much, if indeed they plan to concentrate on emerging markets in addition to emerged ones , cheap Androids here sell for around 200$ and Lumia 520 sells for 150$ which is why it is the top WIndows Phone in India.

400$ is basically too much in India, I mean Lumia 925 comes in at 470$ here. I think a price similar to Lumia 720 around 300 $ is ideal for this cheap iPhone. But I hope they release it at 400$ and in turn sell more Lumias :noevil: :|

think you haven't read it correctly. There are android devices right from 90$ in India. You could get a Samsung galaxy y for 100$ of course it'll be laggy and all that plus the small screen but hey its a cheap droid and works for most people who just wants to be able to take basic pics, do the basic phone ops. Lumia 520 is the cheapest wp8 around 150$ at present ₹ $ rate. An apple iPhone for 400$ is in my opinion a good price given how overpriced their products usually are, and apple is known for brand value, sheer product quality more than anything else. A 400$ iphone will absolutely kill the mid budget market cant wait for the news!

Last edited:

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
think you haven't read it correctly. There are android devices right from 90$ in India. You could get a Samsung galaxy y for 100$ of course it'll be laggy and all that plus the small screen but hey its a cheap droid and works for most people who just wants to be able to take basic pics, do the basic phone ops. Lumia 520 is the cheapest wp8 around 150$ at present ₹ $ rate. An apple iPhone for 400$ is in my opinion a good price given how overpriced their products usually are, and apple is known for brand value, sheer product quality more than anything else. A 400$ iphone will absolutely kill the mid budget market cant wait for the news!

Maybe I was generalizing a bit too much, I should have written devices which matter cost around 200$. I cannot use android phones which are 8000 INR with dual core gingerbread and ICS phones, they are wrose than feature phones. Micromax, Lava have compelling good phones for 13000 INR and above .. below that horrible. I have used all these Galaxy Y , Xperia Miro, Tipo , Canvas 2 , K900 (good phone for the price) etc ... I know what phones are selling well at least in Delhi

Maybe a 400$ will kill it in the mid segment , who knows. All I am saying is it should be 300$ to kill off all these local manufacturers and scare the hell out of Samsung and Nokia since it would basically mean you could have an iOS device with insane amount of good apps.

Btw 300$ = 20000 INR , 400$ = 27000 INR . 7000 INR in India is huuuge. Lets wait and see , Sep 10 is days away

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Was in a mall the other day and t-mobile had a stand with 10 people around it. Thought I'd look at the WP option... They were on the end of the stand where everyone else was standing down the sides where the staff were. Units were fake and was a static stand. No interest and boring stand in bad location.

They need to get the phones under the salesmen's fingertips and customers eyes when they are standing there to talk to staff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium