What keeps you with Windows Phone?

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
What keeps you from going to another OS (Android, iOS, BlackBerry, other)?

I stay because of the camera, mostly. I love taking pictures in the dark and hearing everyone say "whoa... my phone doesn't take good pictures in the dark or low light".

I stay because of the fluidity of the OS. It's fast and smooth.

I stay because of the tight integration with the built-in apps to 3rd party apps. Taking a photo and switching the "lens" for Blink and other great camera apps.

I stay because of the Metro UI. I enjoy it on the phone. Looks good. Live Tiles, Groups / Rooms (although I don't use this) are awesome!

BobR1908

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
There are things I love about Windows Phone and some things I really dislike at the same time.

What I love:
1. Camera
2. Fast and fluent (no lag)
3. Live tiles

What I dislike
1. Ongoing struggle with apps. I know there are tons in the market space but 95 out of every 100 lack quality and are of no interest.
2. Notification system isn't anywhere close to Android or iOS. Hoping the next big update addresses this.

89caps

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
It's fluid. I can quickly access what I want and get out without too many actions.
1. People Hub integrations
2. Live Tiles
3. Clean look, fast, well designed
4. Keyboard - I find it is better than iOS. Have not owned an Android phone
5. Nokia's hardware and support
6. Rooting for the underdog. Excited to see what is around the corner unlike with new Apple and Samsung releases these days.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
The smooth user experience, the quality camera, beautiful interface, been a happy Nokia customer for a while, integrates well with the services I use. Overall it meets my needs.

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Camera
worry free OS (for the most part wp7.5 was more stable)
Unique os and hardware
Integration with Microsoft offerings
Live tiles work well as a notification center for me.

vinscg

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
i just tried to back to android, but i cant..what a mess the UI is!
i like much of the WP OS except for the keyboard it misses arrows to navigate in text area when you want to edit your typos ,its not easy! or a magnifier like in android( maybe there is one and i dont know ? )

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
i just tried to back to android, but i cant..what a mess the UI is!
i like much of the WP OS except for the keyboard it misses arrows to navigate in text area when you want to edit your typos ,its not easy! or a magnifier like in android( maybe there is one and i dont know ? )

if you hold in a text area you can move the cursor where you want. Magnifier is in ease of access.

PicodeGalla

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The first time I picked up a windows phone, I could easily navigate, transfer files to my computer, email large files with any extra stuff. My wife and dad are constantly asking me how to do stuff on there iphone/ipods, all I tell them is that is why I stay away from it.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
My Android phone is what keeps me with WP. Seriously! I carry 2 phones, and since I love WP, I can use that as my 2nd phone. I couldn't have a WP if I carried 1 phone. Too many things I use daily are missing.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Lenin17301

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Gonna copy some of the reasons other people have posted :).

I stay because of the camera.

I stay because of the fluidity of the OS.

I stay because of the big-screen phones, not available on iOS, and I don't like Android.

I stay because of the Keyboard.

marcomura

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Mostly because I hate google (and java) and I hate apple (although I own an iPod).
But I don't like this OS at all... I hate every restriction that prevents me to do what I want to do (e.g., exporting my sms in a xml file). Windows mobile 6.x was perfect to me, and probably I'd fit better with android... but again, I hate google.

bayotte

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I am with WP8 for its simple, fluid and attractive METRO UI/OS. The wording "staying with" makes it sound like a punishment. I am with them by choice. I recognize that the others (IOS & Android) have a deeper app selection, but I can appreciate knowing that I am part of something in which has plenty of room to grow. I am also a huge fan of Nokia's organic designs and their relentless quest in wanting to push the envelop with their industry leading camera technology. We can't forget Microsoft and the massive potential it has with the Windows8+WP8+Xbox One ecosystem.

After experiencing every single OS available, I made the #switch and never looked back.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I like Windows Phone since it best meets my needs.

I couldn't use Android, since I don't want to use a Google account (got rid of my Google account due to privacy concerns).

I don't like iPhone, due to the form factor of the hardware. It's just too narrow for someone who likes to type in portrait mode, not landscape mode.

I don't like BlackBerry, due to the lack of certain apps that I use frequently such as Netflix.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
The things that I really like that I miss when I use an android phone are keyboard, skydrive integration/backup, camera button and the feeling of being in on the start of something. I don't know if these are going to be enough to keep me on wp, but it makes switching very difficult.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Great user interface, love the keyboard, live tiles, social networking integration and of course, the camera! I also love that WP is different than any other OS out there.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
With the facebook app now up to par, I dont even use the people hub to check statuses anymore.

Top Items
1. Camera
2. Ease an flow of the operating system
3. Microsoft ecosystem (outlook.com - email - calendar - contacts) Skydrive, Office.

Worst Items:
1. Even if Live titles actually worked like they are suppose to, not having a notification system makes it pretty bad.
2. I wish there was a favorites part of the phone app (like on iOS)
3. Apps, Apps, Apps, it really sucks not having 1st party apps, tags do not work with Windows Phone on 3rd Party instagram apps, there are others too, Skype still isn't up to par, and there are many other issues or apps not available.

What makes me stay the most is that I want to stay within the Microsoft Ecosystem, I like what they have done with Office 365, Office 2013, Windows 8 and I think Windows Phone 8 is a big step in the right direction.

If my phone crapped out on me today, I might have a tough choice between Windows Phone and iPhone. The biggest reason is that the iPhone actually gets the updates unlike Windows Phone.

My last two windows phones have not been given the latest upgrade (Amber on Nokia Lumia 920) and on my Titan 2 (7.8)

Smyrna5

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
The camera, better hardware than I could get with a cheap Droid, and T-Mo's cheap rates. Also my T-Mo contract doesn't expire until Mar 2014. It may end up costing me money though, since I was perfectly happy with WinXP and Office 2003 until I got my Nokia 521. Now, I am considering upgrading my desktop OS and Office. Having come from an old Blackberry OS, I have never used a Droid or iOs, so I can't say how I would like them. All my friends and relatives have Droids, and won't even try my phone. I should add that I like the Win8 OS a lot.

Last edited:

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I love everything about the OS vs the competition. I love the focus on people, and functional customization. Also out the box functionality and integration. (choosing your live tiles, etc vs changing fonts *whoo*) None of the advantages Android, IOS or BB10 have over WP are enough to draw me away. I just think it's a superior philosophy and execution, at least for MY smartphone needs. There are features I would love to see implemented that the others have, but WP is my home.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss