10-07-2013 09:10 AM
488 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    By the way, I just visited MyNokiaBlog a while ago... There are lots of emotional articles and comments there lately... It makes me want to cry upon reading them... I just can't believe that it finally happened... It's like I was not prepared with this news... :(

Sorry for my English...
    09-04-2013 06:23 AM
    Don't worry, you are in good company. It seems like half the Nokia cheerleading squad can barely speak English if the Nokia conversations blog is any indicator.
    09-04-2013 07:18 AM
    Can someone tell me how the acquisition could be good for current Lumia owners?
    09-04-2013 07:20 AM
    They had an unprofitable and EXPENSIVE division. They unloaded that.
    what?!

http://i.nokia.com/blob/view/-/16519...010Q4e-pdf.pdf

they clearly had operating profit in 2010, it has even grown 50% from Q3 to Q4...

the other part of your post has the similiar credibility so I won't enter further discussion with a troll/shill/ignorant whatever
    09-04-2013 07:27 AM
    Don't worry, you are in good company. It seems like half the Nokia cheerleading squad can barely speak English if the Nokia conversations blog is any indicator.
    Thank you!! 😃 English is not my native language...😆
    09-04-2013 07:29 AM
    Will the current WP Lumias receive future updates?
    09-04-2013 07:35 AM
    Yeah, I also want to ask that one.

Some "analysts" are saying that the current Lumias will become obsolete in the near future... 😓
    09-04-2013 07:51 AM
    IMO they are already obsolete :)
    09-04-2013 08:24 AM
    what?!

http://i.nokia.com/blob/view/-/16519...010Q4e-pdf.pdf

they clearly had operating profit in 2010, it has even grown 50% from Q3 to Q4...

the other part of your post has the similiar credibility so I won't enter further discussion with a troll/shill/ignorant whatever
    They were still going downhill.
    Everyone could see the direction Nokia was going back then.

You can profit but still be headed in the wrong direction.
    09-04-2013 08:28 AM
    The only question that matters is: Will the phones and software coming out of Microsoft be Nokia quality? I hope so
    09-04-2013 08:46 AM
    Windowsphone without Nokia?
    then good bye Microsoft
    I never choose/suggest windowsphone again
    I feel sorry to Nokia
    09-04-2013 09:03 AM
    They were still going downhill.
    Everyone could see the direction Nokia was going back then.

You can profit but still be headed in the wrong direction.
    and then they hired elop to speed up that going...

how could anything possibly go wrong if they went multiOS route? I still haven't stumbled upon any sensible reason why would they fail with Android + MeeGo + even Symbian. Or even just Android for that matter. Sony is making profits with their Xperia actually they sold more Xperias last quarter than all WP + Windows Mobile phones combined from all manufacturers!
    09-04-2013 09:04 AM
    I have absolute faith Microsoft will try like heck to make the most of this. They might fail, but it will be a spectacular failure.
    If you're going to screw up, screw up BIG.
    Daniel Ratcliffe likes this.
    09-04-2013 09:33 AM
    and then they hired elop to speed up that going...
    So, they hired Elop to speed up the deterioration of their mobile handset business?

It's funny how you make up such accusations, yet you call me a troll for pointing out actual business reasons.

how could anything possibly go wrong if they went multiOS route?
    I still haven't stumbled upon any sensible reason why would they fail with Android + MeeGo + even Symbian. Or even just Android for that matter. Sony is making profits with their Xperia actually they sold more Xperias last quarter than all WP + Windows Mobile phones combined from all manufacturers!
    That reasonable reason is called money.

Resources are finite.

If they split their R&D and manufacturing resources, then they greatly reduce how effective they can be.

Nokia had trouble making enough units for the launch of the Lumia 900. That is with Microsoft giving them quite a bit of money.

Now take away that money MS gave them and have them split their focus. That would have been quick disaster.

Also consider that Google is not going to be a customer of Nokia's location services. Microsoft's deal with Nokia have them a cushion because they'd be getting additional revenue in other areas of business that they wanted to grow.

But if money was unlimited, then yeah, Nokia could have gone Android or gone multi-platform. Not that's not reality.
    09-04-2013 09:41 AM
    Nokia Details What’s Next For Lumia And Asha? | WMPoweruser YES, current Lumias will get updates from Finland!!! :)
    09-04-2013 09:44 AM
    So, they hired Elop to speed up the deterioration of their mobile handset business?

It's funny how you make up such accusations, yet you call me a troll for pointing out actual business reasons.

That reasonable reason is called money.

Resources are finite.

If they split their R&D and manufacturing resources, then they greatly reduce how effective they can be.

Nokia had trouble making enough units for the launch of the Lumia 900. That is with Microsoft giving them quite a bit of money.

Now take away that money MS gave them and have them split their focus. That would have been quick disaster.

Also consider that Google is not going to be a customer of Nokia's location services. Microsoft's deal with Nokia have them a cushion because they'd be getting additional revenue in other areas of business that they wanted to grow.

But if money was unlimited, then yeah, Nokia could have gone Android or gone multi-platform. Not that's not reality.
    it's that they couldn't adapt the manufacturing process so quickly, they have been producing flagship Symbian phones in millions of units...or maybe it's because L900 was such a sought after device lol
    09-04-2013 09:48 AM
    it's that they couldn't adapt the manufacturing process so quickly, they have been producing flagship Symbian phones in millions of units...or maybe it's because L900 was such a sought after device lol
    Anything other than Symbian would require a lot of work and adaptation. It's not easy and it's time consuming.

Nokia's mistake was waiting too long before they made a decision to change. If they made Android handsets 2 yrs earlier they might have been fine.

If they made WP handsets one year earlier (at launch) they might have been fine. (mainly because of the money MS exclusivity gave them)

And actually, Nokia as a company still ended up doing just fine. Well, more than fine. They're doing pretty AWESOME with this deal.
    Last edited by Winning Guy; 09-04-2013 at 10:33 AM.
    09-04-2013 09:56 AM
    09-04-2013 10:30 AM
    Unlike users, companies have no romantic notions towards their business. They care only about the strength of their business. Right now, Nokia is stronger than they've been in... years.

Thinking that Nokia is going to sell off all their engineering and manufacturing assets to gain that strength, only to later buy up lesser versions so that they can get back into a market which weakened their business is not only a really bad business move, it's also laughably ludicrous on its face.

It may give you warm fuzzies, but it's not going to happen.
    09-04-2013 10:34 AM
    So MS is planning on bringing elements of Skydrive, XBOX, and Office to Asha feature phones? Wow.
    09-04-2013 10:40 AM
    Stop trolling.
    09-04-2013 11:02 AM
    Stop trolling.
    Why do you think he was trolling?

He layer posted a link that answered the question: stating that there will be continued support.
    09-04-2013 11:21 AM
    No they wont get updates. they will later run on Android.. :P
    09-04-2013 11:23 AM
    Shame that some people won't buy Lumia phones in the future just because they won't have "Nokia" written on them. I thought it was only Apple fans that had such a strong preference for style over substance.

It's going to be the same teams designing and engineering the phones so the end product will be similar.
    09-04-2013 11:27 AM
    Shame that some people won't buy Lumia phones in the future just because they won't have "Nokia" written on them. I thought it was only Apple fans that had such a strong preference for style over substance.

It's going to be the same teams designing and engineering the phones so the end product will be similar.
    Who said not going to buy? all say they will miss the Nokia Brand...
    09-04-2013 11:28 AM
488 ... 1213141516 ...