The Nokia Acquisition (post comments and questions here)

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I m not understanding this. :p
does the Hardware and service division not contain the Phone Development? the Design team is to be transferred to MS, so how the Design will loose innovation.

I think the MS will retain the exclusivity of Nokia phones and will give the team enough cash support to produce Great devices :D

The best approach would have been, that the design and innovative team, their R&D team should have been intact with Nokia, but their production, sales and distrubution should have been handled to MS, with profit shared depending on their terms and condition.

Right now with design team is to be transferred to MS, I don't know how they will perform under the will of MS, there is a possibility that the whole design team might quit or anything could happen

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The best approach would have been, that the design and innovative team, their R&D team should have been intact with Nokia, but their production, sales and distrubution should have been handled to MS, with profit shared depending on their terms and condition.

Right now with design team is to be transferred to MS, I don't know how they will perform under the will of MS, there is a possibility that the whole design team might quit or anything could happen

I think the entire design team will quit and go to Jolla/Sailfish.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Really? You think that the Surface RT just needed better marketing and it would have sold all 6 million units?

If it had amazing Steve Jobs style marketing, then hell yes.

Apple doesn't spend much on R&D. They don't put that big a focus on it compared to companies like MS and Nokia. But Apple has had tremendous success getting people to think their products are magical.

MS's R&D is utterly amazing. But a lot of what they do never makes it into consumer products because they just let the engineers go wild. They come up with stuff that may not be feasible for products at this point in time, but might one day make it into a product years from now.

nitin88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

I doubt it. If you are following the news, You could have seen several news where all the Lumia phones are designed by Nokia people with the collaboration of Microsoft. You might have thought they are designed by Nokia. Yes, with Nokia putting up prototypes and key design elements and Microsoft testing with the performance and tweaking the hardware.

For almost 1 year onwards, Nokia and MS employees are working at Nokia Finland center and they are now just like what they will be. Nothing much changes.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I doubt it. If you are following the news, You could have seen several news where all the Lumia phones are designed by Nokia people with the collaboration of Microsoft. You might have thought they are designed by Nokia. Yes, with Nokia putting up prototypes and key design elements and Microsoft testing with the performance and tweaking the hardware.

For almost 1 year onwards, Nokia and MS employees are working at Nokia Finland center and they are now just like what they will be. Nothing much changes.

Yes they are working together. But MS team was totally working on the softwares and driver part to support these high end devies with superb cameras like Lumia 920 and 1020. I am not a ******* Android or IOS fan. I am using Nokia for last 10 years. Right now I own Lumia 920, previously I happened to own Lumia 900, and there are 90% chances that I will buy the successor of Lumia 920, if it has quade core Snapdragon 800, 1080P screen and a 21MP pureview camera.

I am an optimistic person, so expect things to get better with this deal. But give me reasons to feel happy with this deal?

nautanki_saala

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
If it's so amazing than why do they get much less ROI than Apple?

Yes its marketing combined with foolish customers. Apple shows its customers trash features in such a way that those fools feel its great and would again buy a new iPhone. It will say 200 new features. It will be like
Feature 1 : call filter (which even Symbian has since years!
Feature 2 : Option to turn off call blocker..
Feature 3 : sms filter..
Feature 4: option to turn that..
Feature 5 : new UI in call sms filter
And soo on...
And apple customers are so blind in their own pride that they don't read all this and if they read they just like all this.. And apple knows it.. In reality even Apple is laughing at its customers..

They wont give basic features and in every new os they announce that now we have added this basic feature. And Apple customers get excited for such stuff!
This is how Apple is winning. The have their marketshare of fools and they know how to market them.

Finally taking about build quality, I have seen all Apple customers getting new iPhone within 6 month to a year. While the Nokia handset made of plastic is used for 3-5 years!

And then their anti-android and anti-windows comments towards handsets. Man Apple doesn't give you variety. Some want big screen, some want loud volume, some want something else. Android and Windows OS come in variety of handsets and the customer gets the handset of his choice. Apple always one crap for all!

There might be a feature 1 or 2 more in Apple but dude your paying DOUBLE the amount for that little extra. And Im sure that extra will be useless. Finally Android has highest feature only a fool will deny this.

Many features are lacking in Apple. And its loyal fools say its not needed. Eg : Big screen is not needed. Then why the hell did they increase the screen size in iPhone 5! Realisation of mistake. Now they all brag about bigger screen.

Its juss that after paying such a big amount, Apple ppl have no choice but to anyhow like the device and try to feel satisfied.

Mark my words, one day Apple will fall people are becoming smart. And this time Microsoft wont help Apple again to rise like it did in the past when Apple was about to close.

There are lot more issues with iPhone but im tired of typing now

nautanki_saala

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
If it had amazing Steve Jobs style marketing, then hell yes.

Apple doesn't spend much on R&D. They don't put that big a focus on it compared to companies like MS and Nokia. But Apple has had tremendous success getting people to think their products are magical.

MS's R&D is utterly amazing. But a lot of what they do never makes it into consumer products because they just let the engineers go wild. They come up with stuff that may not be feasible for products at this point in time, but might one day make it into a product years from now.

Absolutely Correct 👍👌👏

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Mark my words, one day Apple will fall people are becoming smart. And this time Microsoft wont help Apple again to rise like it did in the past when Apple was about to close.

Dont want to learn More laws [Laws of Gravity].. So if apple has to fall, make sure there is no one under it :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte