The Nokia Acquisition (post comments and questions here)

Zeaneal Nicky

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: It is pretty funny that on other sites...

thats what everyones doing feels like they really loved it inside but outside Android and iOS
but truly sad for nokia to go like that

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
All nokia fans now u know how Trojan hourse works..... he he poor nokia.. they trusted thr CEO...after all he was our man...

so happy to see nokia die... and only MS... yapiiee..

What's up with people wanting companies to fail, or as you put it "die"; in this instance, Nokia who is one of the more innovative companies there have been. When was consumer choice a bad thing.

Jonathan Piferrer

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I think that Now, all oems will run away from WP, they just can't compete with Nokia Hardware and Microsoft together...

So, the WP sales will come down.... (Sadly)

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site

clap1.gif

31570_o.gif

Wow, definitely big news in the middle of the night. A brilliant move by Microsoft because they needed to secure Nokia. Good news for Nokia because MS has some deep pockets. Now MS is "officially" armed with a true smartphone division.

AND ELOP FOR CEO 2014!!!
gif-baby-lawd-gif.gif

hell_yes.gif

seemaboss

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
lol..... feeling bad for all nokia fanboys... they thought we wr thr to help... but we wr to kill them and take all off it..

down go nokia... hai microsoft

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I feel very wierd about this. All this time, I was betting Nokia would never be adopted by MS. So, wrong again, I am not sure the lose of Nokia's identitiy is a good thing for WP. I loved that Nokia was a driving force as it's own life support depended on it. Now, it is part of the slow moving Monolith that is MS.

Sigh..... mixed feelings, but worried.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Not a positive move for me. Microsoft has shown with the Surface tablets that they have no idea how to run a hardware division and the WP team have taken the word "slow" to a whole new level. All the innovation, urgency, commitment that Nokia brought to WP will now be replaced with the typical Microsoft bureaucracy, complacency and ineffectiveness that has been the trademark of the Surface devices. Doubly sad that the Nokia that stood for class leading mobile devices will now be no more. Sad day indeed.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Seriously though where do the share holders and the board of directors come into this? They can't seriously be ok with this.

At the moment I write this, Nokia is up 43% in pre-market trading. The biggest single day surge in Nokia's history. If that holds when the markets open, then I'm pretty sure investors are very ok with this.

kokola95

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Nokia-branded smartphones to be phased out following Microsoft buyout - Tech News - Digital Spy

So its true, Microsoft will no longer be using the Nokia brand on smartphones only on feature phones? That's awful. Many customers brought into Windows Phone because of peace of mind of Nokia, otherwise if it didn't matter we'd all be using HTV or Samsung, Dell, LG etc...

Dumb idea by Microsoft.

EXACTLY !!! how can lumia sell without nokia brand???

Sent from my RM-821_apac_indonesia_311 using Tapatalk

Lumis90

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the note.

We will continue to build great devices, although yes, the naming will likely change.

Regards,

Stephen

reply to my email

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion