The Nokia Acquisition (post comments and questions here)

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
for high price no, for a much bigger price than this one certainly yes

Evidence please. Or if you don't have any, at least give a compelling argument about a company and why they do so while not getting patents. And what you except ect the price would have been, and why.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
evidence for what? someone's will to buy $50B company for $25B? and what makes you think Nokia wouldn't give (some) patents?

First, who valued their falling mobile division at $50 billion? It was expected to go out of business in a few years. Companies figured they could just wait a little bit and buy ALL of Nokia for dirt cheap.

Second, where do you get the idea that Nokia would have been willing to sell away their mobile patents?

You're just making stuff up with no basis in reality.

JustToClarify

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
First, who valued their falling mobile division at $50 billion? It was expected to go out of business in a few years. Companies figured they could just wait a little bit and buy ALL of Nokia for dirt cheap.

Second, where do you get the idea that Nokia would have been willing to sell away their mobile patents?

You're just making stuff up with no basis in reality.

what falling are you talking about? Nokia was doing fairly good back then, check the facts again.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
totally different

Third... Totally different? In what ways other than size?

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why there is such a big deal being made about Microsoft buying Nokia.

Google bought Motorola and that turned out fine.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why there is such a big deal being made about Microsoft buying Nokia.

Google bought Motorola and that turned out fine.

I think it's because s lot of people loved working for, and using Nokia stuff in the hay day, and now it's another ms project.

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I think it's because s lot of people loved working for, and using Nokia stuff in the hay day, and now it's another ms project.

I'm not sure I agree with that one. It's been a long time since Nokia has been a player so the Nokia name isn't very big anymore.

JustToClarify

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
It was expected to go out of business in a few years.

what?! Why would anyone expect one of the biggest phone manufacturers to go out of business (OK except elop and other "people in the know")?! That's outright silly, it's like saying "people expect Toyota to go out of business in a few years".

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
what?! Why would anyone expect one of the biggest phone manufacturers to go out of business (OK except elop and other "people in the know")?! That's outright silly, it's like saying "people expect Toyota to go out of business in a few years".

Tell that to Pan Am, Eastern, Plymouth, Pontiac, Saab and a few others.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I didn't know those companies held 1/3rd of the market when they went busto.

I didn't know it mattered. My point is that there have been large, successful companies around for decades which have been iconic in some instances and have gone "busto". Want to know how easy it is? Have the CEO of Toyota go on record as saying he hates Jews, Blacks and Hispanics and then sit back and watch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss