The Nokia Acquisition (post comments and questions here)

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I'll be buying the Nokia Lumia 620.. Been saving for it for quite some time now and can't wait anymore to buy a smartphone.

How will this acquisition affect existing and future Nokia users?

JustToClarify

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I didn't know it mattered. My point is that there have been large, successful companies around for decades which have been iconic in some instances and have gone "busto". Want to know how easy it is? Have the CEO of Toyota go on record as saying he hates Jews, Blacks and Hispanics and then sit back and watch.

Toyota would never allow such person to work for them let alone be CEO.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
You didn't think I was serious did you? It was a hypothetical scenario.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
For all the people that said that Nokia would have been better off going with Android - look at what is happening to HTC. There were new reports indicating that they are continuing to post huge loses even though they are one of the better Android OEMs out there. The HTC One couldn't even bring them back up even though it sold well. Sony, LG, and Motorola aren't doing too well either.

Meanwhile others here are letting their hate of MS cloud their judgement. Even if MS could release an equal or better phone than what Nokia would deliver they would still hate it just because of the fact that it's from MS and they can't reminisce about some Nokia phone they bought 10 years ago.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
For all the people that said that Nokia would have been better off going with Android - look at what is happening to HTC. There were new reports indicating that they are continuing to post huge loses even though they are one of the better Android OEMs out there. The HTC One couldn't even bring them back up even though it sold well. Sony, LG, and Motorola aren't doing too well either.

Meanwhile others here are letting their hate of MS cloud their judgement. Even if MS could release an equal or better phone than what Nokia would deliver they would still hate it just because of the fact that it's from MS and they can't reminisce about some Nokia phone they bought 10 years ago.

I agree, but...

HTC doesn't do a breakdown of how many phones they sold, just like Nokia.
LG and Sony are putting out serious gains.
Motorola? ...I feel sorry for them getting snapped up by Google.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
486 posts on this thread so far and the deal hasn't passed shareholder approval or governmental approval. At the rate we're going, there will be no G-man approval. How about everybody take a deep breath and see how this all plays out. It's certainly not in the hands of 486 posters.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I agree, but...

HTC doesn't do a breakdown of how many phones they sold, just like Nokia.
LG and Sony are putting out serious gains.
Motorola? ...I feel sorry for them getting snapped up by Google.

Have there been any numbers showing LG and Sony's cell phone departments are doing well? Those two could easily hide losses considering all the different businesses each are in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte