MS to buy Nokia's devices and services

Status
Not open for further replies.

arvinxi

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm a little nervous. I don't know what will happen next. I hope it will be for the better of both companies. I still love nokia.

Sent from my RM-821_apac_philippines_388 using Tapatalk

arvinxi

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Elop can be a good MS CEO. He's an aggressive leader of innovation. Just my opinion.

Sent from my RM-821_apac_philippines_388 using Tapatalk

aquimosa

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
MS continously adding more leverage to compete with apple and samsung, let's get it on.

Sent from my RM-825_apac_philippines_380 using Tapatalk

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Nokia stocks will fly high in the am. Or maybe they will sink depending on how people take this. But this is surprising news.

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
What do you want wpc to do? Post a link to the announcement? It takes time to write things up and considering this is huge unexpected news, I suspect Dan is scrambling to get this done.

No coverage yet by WPC? My worry is whether MS will slow down Nokia or will Elop speed up things

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Nokia stocks will fly high in the am. Or maybe they will sink depending on how people take this. But this is surprising news.

This makes Nokia debt free. It also adds a constant revenue stream for Nokias mapping division, which so far was just scrapping by, and takes the sole money loosing division off Nokias hands.

Basically, it removes all the biggest risks from Nokias operations, which investors typically reward.

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
This is taken from the Verge's article

As part of the agreement, Nokia CEO Stephen Elop is stepping aside; he's now leading Microsoft's Devices team. That puts him in an odd position with Julie Larson-Green, who Ballmer said will be joining his team, but will also be responsible for other hardware like Surface and the Xbox One. The exact scope of Elop's role isn't exactly clear, and with a soon-to-be-vacant CEO seat we expect plenty of rumors to fly as the acquisition closes. Risto Siilasmaa was named Nokia's Interim CEO — he was previously chairman of the company's Board of Directors.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
This is frightening... really wanted the see both companies thrive and work together but it looks like Microsoft is about to swallow Nokia whole.

lkbig

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Nokia the company is not going away. They just sold off a division of the company. They actually started making rubber boots and tires. They will probably continue doing so.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Nokia the company is not going away. They just sold off a division of the company. They actually started making rubber boots and tires. They will probably continue doing so.

Well yes, but Nokia as I know them (a hardware and service provider). It seems depressing seeing their history and to have it just end here.

seemaboss

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
no more asha phones... now htc, samsung will never make windows phone.. wow.... mircrosoft lumia phones only... Even PC partners will looking outside windows os.. i am waiting for ms to buy dell.. so that MS becomes one big manufacturing company.. All PC vendors turn to linux...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss