09-09-2013 02:27 PM
33 12
tools
    Microsoft should have had Nokia buy BlackBerry before they bought Nokia. :D
    09-05-2013 02:13 PM
    Let's talk war stragety here.....

The bridge you are fighting over may not seem that important to you, but it is if it keeps it out of the hands of your enemy.

If MS buys BlackBerry and it's assets, Google and Apple cannot. Neither can another company looking to squeeze MS from other directions.
    This is the end purpose if MS buys BB. I heard Lenovo is also interested in BB. They may try to buy their way into smart phones. MS would be smart to keep that from happening so they can consolidate 3rd place.
    09-05-2013 02:21 PM
    If M$ wanted to buy BB, their chances be slim because it would still need regulator and board approval, yes? If Nokia was already approved and under their belt I don't think they would be allowed to scarf up another phone juggernaut. M$ just needs the patents, they know this and perhaps they'll try to throw money at it to make it work.
    09-05-2013 02:30 PM
    Before even thinking about Blackberry, Microsoft better buy Jitterbug before Apple snatches them up to have a monopoly the young Iphone hipsters and the old Jitterbug broken hipsters.
    purefire21 likes this.
    09-05-2013 03:01 PM
    Certainly an idea, but I think MS will do just as the title says. "Keep an eye" on them. The next few months BB might go private, sell out, or go bust. I'm sure Apple and Google are keeping an eye on BB as well. MS more closely than others likely... They might have a lead on Blackberry, but I don't see it as solid enough.
    09-05-2013 04:46 PM
    I don't see the point in Microsoft buying BlackBerry. MS already has a mobile OS and just purchased part of Nokia. BB and WP are so far apart I don't see how the two could even be combined.
    09-07-2013 07:11 AM
    I think Microsoft should buy BB.

BB still has a market in the Enterprise, and it would be good to see WP become the dominant phone in the Enterprise - something I could see happening if MS bought BB.

A rebranded BBM, or integration of BBM technology into Skype could be a very dominant messaging solution.
    09-09-2013 08:49 AM
    I don't see the point in Microsoft buying BlackBerry. MS already has a mobile OS and just purchased part of Nokia. BB and WP are so far apart I don't see how the two could even be combined.
    If they bought them it would be to simply buy market share and convert it to WP. There would probably be another generation or two of BB OS that would look increasingly like WP and then they would be combined. Considering most of BB's users are enterprise customers who are using Office on their laptops and desktops, migrating to a system that is more seamlessly integrated with Office would be a plus.
    09-09-2013 02:27 PM
33 12