Microsoft Keeping an Eye on Blackberry after Nokia Deal

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
This is not related to Nokia Deal, but it seems Microsoft has an eye on Blackberry after Nokia. This has been reported by Bloomberg

Microsoft Raced to $7.2 Billion Deal With Soul-Searching Nokia - Bloomberg

Microsoft reportedly rushed Nokia deal, keeping an eye on potential BlackBerry talks | The Verge

Bloomberg says its unnamed sources claim MS is "still keeping an eye on" BlackBerry, even after Nokia deal: : maryjofoley

If this thread seems to point to Nokia please move this. I mean come on MS what next, HTC :D

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well. If MS bought up BlackBerry as well, there'd be no denying their third place position in mobile. :excited:

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Well. If MS bought up BlackBerry as well, there'd be no denying their third place position in mobile. :excited:
and also no more profit for MSFT, they will then own 2 company's on life support..what are they gonna do with blackberry what they can't do with Nokia? Letting BB make wp8 phones seems useless, so the only thing left is there broad services in mobile market.

I do not think MSFT will be stupid enough to buy BB

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
and also no more profit for MSFT, they will then own 2 company's on life support..what are they gonna do with blackberry what they can't do with Nokia? Letting BB make wp8 phones seems useless, so the only thing left is there broad services in mobile market.

I do not think MSFT will be stupid enough to buy BB

Maybe they want BB patents too. apparently BB stock rose a bit after this news haha .. although now I see it has subsided

https://www.google.com/finance?cid=663276

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
what are they gonna do with blackberry what they can't do with Nokia?

Well.

BB has a great enterprise platform which could be integrated into ActiveSync (or vice-versa). BBM functionality could be built into Skype. And...

...they could cherry-pick what they want, scrap (or sell off) the rest, and make sure that BB never encroaches on third place again. :)

proboyme

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Now this is good news...if they do acquire BB as well...i truly believe Nokia could lead the world smartphone market again...there are some functions about BB that Nokia and WP OS could seriously use...

Sent from my L920

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well.

BB has a great enterprise platform which could be integrated into ActiveSync (or vice-versa). BBM functionality could be built into Skype. And...

...they could cherry-pick what they want, scrap (or sell off) the rest, and make sure that BB never encroaches on third place again. :)

too much to comprehend. BB Skype MSFT Nokia Enterprise ... (I see a meme in the making)

Microsoft would be the third competitor for sure, but I think BBRY wouldn't have had that chance anyway going by the current reports.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Ms better look elsewhere. Stop while your ahead. Bb acquisition would not b beneficial. Acquiring the patents would.

moegumby

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
A ton of people still love the keyboard. A Bold running Windows Phone 8? Count me in! Blackberry would be very popular if it had the apps to support it, Windows Phone 8 has that support. Windows Phone on BB hardware, win win.

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Tapatalk

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
BBRY is only worth its patents now. The phones have failed, BB10 has failed, BBM has been eclipsed by like a billion other messaging systems. Let's look at it this way, Nokia has handsets that are selling and MSFT paid only 7.2 bill for them and that INCLUDES licensing the patents. BBRY isn't worth much. And the ***** who said MSFT would be tight to buy BBRY after plunking down 7.2bill for NOK. That only drops down 63 bill of their offshore cash horde....and yes in this case Canada is offshore for this purpose. They cant repatriate that money to the US without paying huge taxes. Investors should be BEGGING them to make foreign buys.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I think that BBM would be useful for Microsoft. Think about it, integrating BBM into WP, etc. Sure, BBM has been surpassed (due to BBM being BlackBerry exclusive atm) but like Nokia, at least in the UK, BBM has brand recognition. If they could get BBM on their iPhone etc, they would. Microsoft can then leverage that and add it in to WP and say "Well yeah, you can also get BBM on a WP, alongside..."

kokola95

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I think that BBM would be useful for Microsoft. Think about it, integrating BBM into WP, etc. Sure, BBM has been surpassed (due to BBM being BlackBerry exclusive atm) but like Nokia, at least in the UK, BBM has brand recognition. If they could get BBM on their iPhone etc, they would. Microsoft can then leverage that and add it in to WP and say "Well yeah, you can also get BBM on a WP, alongside..."

oh yeah very useful. Then MS will ditch skype for BBM integration

Sent from my RM-821_apac_indonesia_311 using Tapatalk

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft has been spending a ton of money lately. Ballsy seeing that nothing is doing as well as they projected in recent history, I don't know where all this money is coming from?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Microsoft is going to form Voltron.

Each Lion by itself is tough, but isn't going to beat the Ro-Beast.

But when they combine... Voltron!

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Maybe 27 billion of the profit they made this financial year?

See I didn't know the numbers so thinks for that! But still, they spent a ridiculous amount f money to get prepared for this year with the release of Surface, Windows 8, and Xbox One!

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
See I didn't know the numbers so thinks for that! But still, they spent a ridiculous amount f money to get prepared for this year with the release of Surface, Windows 8, and Xbox One!

That's a different budget

The Nokia deal was from money generated overseas. If they were to repatriate that money by bringing it to the US, they'd pay an additional US tax on it. So it makes sense to just invest it overseas.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb