Is Microsoft going to kill Asha?????

chataddicted

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Hallo mates.. What do u think after buying nokia ms will focus only on

windows os or they will support asha simultaneously??????

Sent from my Windows Phone Omnia W

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't think MS has any interest in those types of phones. Expect them to concentrate on WP OS only. Expect Asha to die.

Did you expect anything else?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
According to Nokia, MS plans to continue Asha. But the belief is that in the future, every phone will be a smart phone.

In order to get those Asha users to choose WP in the future, Microsoft plans to bring versions of Skydrive, XBOX and Office to Asha. That's pretty awesome for a phone that's considered a "feature phone."

Of course the versions of Skydrive, XBOX, and Office will probably be pretty bare bones and simple. But it's still pretty cool.

So not only is Asha going to still be supported; but MS is going to give Asha users some awesome apps.

chataddicted

May 29, 2012
Visit site
According to Nokia, MS plans to continue Asha. But the belief is that in the future, every phone will be a smart phone.

In order to get those Asha users to choose WP in the future, Microsoft plans to bring versions of Skydrive, XBOX and Office to Asha. That's pretty awesome for a phone that's considered a "feature phone."

Of course the versions of Skydrive, XBOX, and Office will probably be pretty bare bones and simple. But it's still pretty cool.

So not only is Asha going to still be supported; but MS is going to give Asha users some awesome apps.

i think they wl convert asha series from a sub- smart phone to a full features ultra low end smart phones.. And thus they fight against very low end android craps like galaxy y micromax xolo sony tipo and so on....

Sent from my Windows Phone Omnia W

wustlmike19

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Nokia sells less Asha phones than Lumias at this point, they should just kill them off and keep on bringing 520-like devices onto the market

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I feel like Microsoft has tried features phones already... If im not mistaken, it was a big hit, with record sales or something like that!

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Microsoft can support low end phones by not having to pay any licensing fees since they own the OS and the phone. Great way to get WP visability in under developed countries.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I doubt they will kill it. They will likely use it to serve their bigger plan and spin it off to someone. From what I've read it's a popular device and has value associated with it.

mohit9206

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Asha phones are the biggest selling feature phones in India.Killing Asha means killing the feature phone market in India.Samsung will become the new leader even in feature phone category.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention