More former Nokia employees talking trash

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah its getting to the point where I really don't care about what disgruntled former employees think. Every company has them - these articles are just click bait, really.

pds2208

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Why is that rubbish? Elop failed. As simple as that. When he joined, Nokia had nearly 40% market share. And now? The burning platform memo was unbelievably stupid. He destroyed Nokia.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I worked for RIM and my job was eliminated over a year ago and I would be lying if I said I wasn't grinning when I seen Blackberry is throwing in the towel and looking to sell :) lol

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
The man that could have been Nokia CEO calls Elop reign 'a complete failure' | The Verge

Funny part about the short piece? Dude sent it from his Vertu, the overpriced phone that is longer owned by Nokia.
Actually, once you look at it from an investor's standpoint, the sale makes much more sense.

You not only caused Nokia stock to jump 40% overnight - which is absurd considering the downgrades happening to Nokia lately, and the fact that they have two divisions - one breaking even, the other pulling in spectacular amounts of profit - left with them.

In addition - and this is actually sensible for the long-term investors - they got their dividend back.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Don't you have to be a bit of a snob to have a Vertu? It's that super expensive frilly phone, isn't it? No other purpose except status?

Last edited:

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
This things are normal... it will pass. I would be surprised if this kind of things did not happen. Its a free world so they can voice their opinion how bad it is. This is just the way it is. You can never please everybody.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Why is that rubbish? Elop failed. As simple as that. When he joined, Nokia had nearly 40% market share. And now? The burning platform memo was unbelievably stupid. He destroyed Nokia.

Sorry, your bitterness is showing through your history re-write.

Sure, Nokia was producing tons of sales... and bleeding cash. They were R&D heavy- trying to keep Symbian up to date, Meego getting developed. Meamo in the wings. No app development, harware (internals) falling behind, the company was top heavy, there was infighting, and the cost per handset was nearly killing their profits. Elop was HIRED with his stragety in mind- gut R&D, get the company behind one platform, and get the cost per handset down. Along the way, they became one of the premier mapping services, profitable in a dozen other ventures, and got MS to flit the bill to the tune of 1 Billion a year free money for something they were authorizing him to do anyways.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
No doubt: News cycles LOVE big stories like this. It makes headlines good and bad for a very long time. It will be next year before this is even official, so long as the Governments ageancies approve it. Along the way, there will be Nokia bashing, MS bashing, threats of closing manufacturing and lost jobs.

Great gossip. Keep it coming. Better then doing real journalism, analizing the businesses, seeing the possible outcomes, and researching what these two have done in the past 3 years to get an idea of where they are heading.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786