hall of fame, what devices do you think should be listed ?

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I'd have to go with the HTC HD 2 and HTC touch pro2....wow....those phones were like....are still like AWESOME, if I could get both today, I really would... I guess Windows used to be HTC's line of trade.
(id also add the Nokia 3310 but let's keep this thread as Windows as possible...FORGET IT!!!...ANY DEVICE THATS AWESOME...LIST IT!!!) so yeah, the Nokia 3310 is listed, solid device, extreme battery, cool games and famous polyphonic Nokia ringtones.

I still remember the Samsung omnia's...they were very impressive for their time, but I cant decide which one deserves to be listed as best. So I'd just say the omnia franchise in general...but still cant come close to an HTC hd 2 or even just the hd. IMO

Which devices do you think should get one last "shout out of remembrance" ?

Last edited:

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
If this thread would be all Windows (Mobile/Phone), I'd say HD2. It's still a beast.

Well, other than that, there are a lot of phones, the 3310, the 808, the N8, the N95, the iPhone, the...

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
If this thread would be all Windows (Mobile/Phone), I'd say HD2. It's still a beast.

Well, other than that, there are a lot of phones, the 3310, the 808, the N8, the N95, the iPhone, the...

:smile: thats why it should stay as Windows as possible before we have lists that contain hundreds and hundreds of devices :wink:

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
The HD2 was ahead of its time. It's a shame that around the time Windows Mobile was dying off. Also agree that the Touch Pro 2 had a very nice design.

Samsung Omnia 7 was probably my fave WP7 device and it was a shame it didn't make it to North America.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was in Palm land around the time of Windows Mobile, so I'm not overly familiar with the devices of the time. Although +1 HD2, if any phone, HD2.

my two cents, there's so much more, but idk, kept it too minimal.

palmOne Treo 650
Apple iPhone 4 or original
Nokia 1100

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
there's one in my pocket as i type this, If i ever get service, i'll give it a serious attempt to use it nearly a decade later :D

Got a 680 in my drawer just itching to get a sim card. I'm trying so hard to wean myself from that awesome keyboard. If it weren't for the excellent speech to text on WP, who knows.

Ridemyscooter86

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
im surprised this one isn't listed but the motorola Q was the first thin smartphone, period. All of them, the palm treos, the various HTC slider windows mobile pocketpcs, nokias, etc, all were fairly big and clunky until the motorola Q came along and said that a smartphone can be thin and sexy...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
After thinking about it for a while, we get so caught up in smartphones around here that I forgot about my first cell phone back in'92. How can any HOF for cell phones be complete without the Motorola Ultra Classic - aka "The Brick". Not only was it a phone, it could serve as a hammer in a pinch, as well as a self-defense weapon if you grabbed it by the whip antenna and rapped somebody upside the head.

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
8248.jpg
Nokia 6800

I remember pulling this out at a club to send a text and I suddenly had a crowd around me in awe asking what it was.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte