Interesting MS + Nokia Advertisement

MAkhdar

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So I was reading an article on the NY Times and I noticed a very strange advertisement. I noticed it because of the yellow 1020, which strangely doesn't have a Nokia logo.

AD.png

Looks like Microsoft seems quite excited to get rid of the Nokia logo and claim their phones as theirs. Also why would Microsoft advertise this? Any ideas?

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Maybe they are reworking a logo - its no longer a nokia phone technically - but its not quite a Microsoft phone either.

Or maybe they just used the 1020's shape to represent "mobile" as its the current flagship model

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
But isn't it strange they are advertising this instead of the actual phone or Windows Phone is general?

It may well just be informing people about the deal. Not everyone would have picked up on the news. Suppose this is their way of letting people know.

MAkhdar

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
It may well just be informing people about the deal. Not everyone would have picked up on the news. Suppose this is their way of letting people know.

I guess that could be it. But I would have still kept the Nokia logo if that was it, people who have seen the 1020 advertisements would clearly know it is a Nokia.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro