Anyone else embarrassed by Microsoft's new "Fly on the wall at Cupertino" adverts?

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I thought that the ads were effective but were not that funny. It was more of a joke than anything, not an add. I didn't find it in poor taste either.

Did I find them funny, just a little bit.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I see the future and was told by evaleaks that,
Apple coming up with Iphone 6 next year, made of 18k Rose Gold, Sterling Silver and aluminium and it will have a retina scanner, the other features include
-8MP Camera
-Retina Display
-Same length/Width
-Same battery
-Fingerprint scanner
-Pretty much the design & everything else stays same

We've added a lot of nothing inside it so the price has to go up and yes, Iphone 5c, 5s are being discontinued.

The best Iphone, ever.

Seriously?

I have a hunch that all of these is funded by NSA.

Now, am not sure where these fingerprint database is stored, I hope they have a bulletproof server else its gonna be a bad time if some tosser breaks into it.
Its not about fruits anymore.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Now, am not sure where these fingerprint database is stored, I hope they have a bulletproof server else its gonna be a bad time if some tosser breaks into it.
Its not about fruits anymore.

I believe they said on the presentation that the fingerprint will be stored on the device only.

evilrob

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
First off- welcome to our forums. I have never seen a "introductions" thread so popular. You will fit in.
Cheers! I've been made to feel very welcome, and I've been genuinely amazed at how much time and effort must have gone into some of the replies I've received.

Everyone's been pretty awesome so far. I think I'm going to like it here!

evilrob

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft said:
“The video was intended to be a light-hearted poke at our friends from Cupertino. But it was off the mark, and we’ve decided to pull it down.”

Last edited by a moderator:

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
After watching them, I'm not entirely sure that they are meant to be ads at all. As has been commented on at great length, the quality is lacking, the production is awful, and it's just generally all-around bad. There's also no Microsoft branding, just the #timetoswitch tag at the end. This is entirely unlike MS's recent advertising efforts. Maybe this was supposed to be a joke around MS that was accidentally tagged as public?

This. I think the video(s) got made unofficially and got out somehow. Somebody at MS overstepped their boundaries and probably lost their job over it.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Me thinks the posters doth protest too much.

Move on, there are more important things in the world to worry about like world hunger or why the **** did the Heat sign Michael "Blunt" Beasley?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Hate to break it to ya but it's not just you. I'm right there with you.

I think everyone else who thinks this "isn't cool" is taking it too seriously. If the humor wasn't your cup of tea then that's fine. But why would I be embarrassed by this? I'd be far more embarrassed to pull out my iPhone in public after seeing the new golden iBling 5S crap Apple pulled.

I am in this camp... The first time I seen the video I almost fell out of my chair I was laughing so hard.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb