Anyone else embarrassed by Microsoft's new "Fly on the wall at Cupertino" adverts?

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
It's an ad. A poor one. It shouldn't influence anything. Don't give it any attention and just move along.

allos autos

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
After watching them, I'm not entirely sure that they are meant to be ads at all. As has been commented on at great length, the quality is lacking, the production is awful, and it's just generally all-around bad. There's also no Microsoft branding, just the #timetoswitch tag at the end. This is entirely unlike MS's recent advertising efforts. Maybe this was supposed to be a joke around MS that was accidentally tagged as public?

evilrob

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Either way... they really are their own worst enemy sometimes! (Office 2013 'locked to single machine' licensing, Xbone furore, etc)

allos autos

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Either way... they really are their own worst enemy sometimes! (Office 2013 'locked to single machine' licensing, Xbone furore, etc)

This is true. But really, if poor-taste advertising is enough to get you to cancel a switch about which you had been quite excited, then the "I'm a PC, I'm a Mac" commercials ought to have caused you to abandon technology altogether. :p

1101x10

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Not cool. A Steve Jobs lookalike from behind wearing a black turtleneck (Tim Cook has grey hair). I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft hold a crisis meeting over this and someone gets fired. Once you release something on the internet you can't get it back again.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
no, apparently it only "embarasses" people like you who care about non important things like ads and phones and what others do.

its just an ad, it wont kill an animal or a person, it would pull your pants down when you are ina conference or a speech graduation. its only a stupid video uploaded on internet. its not like 99% of YouTube videos arent stupid anyway, or what? are you embarassed of human race because they do stupid things everyday?

apparently the only ones giving importance to such and "ad" becuase it wasnt really an ad.. its you and others who apparently dont have much to do today besides making a thread about a video that someone made that you didnt like.
tomorrow you will make more threads about more YouTube videos you find embarassing or bad, or racist, or stupid?

lol please...

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
That shirt is way too low to be a turtle neck. And if it was supposed to be Jobs, the hair should've been whiter.

evilrob

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
no, apparently it only "embarasses" people like you who care about non important things like ads and phones and what others do.

its just an ad, it wont kill an animal or a person, it would pull your pants down when you are ina conference or a speech graduation. its only a stupid video uploaded on internet. its not like 99% of YouTube videos arent stupid anyway, or what? are you embarassed of human race because they do stupid things everyday?

apparently the only ones giving importance to such and "ad" becuase it wasnt really an ad.. its you and others who apparently dont have much to do today besides making a thread about a video that someone made that you didnt like.
tomorrow you will make more threads about more YouTube videos you find embarassing or bad, or racist, or stupid?

lol please...
It's just a thread - it won't kill an animal or a person. Apparently you don't have much to do today besides making a post on a thread that someone made that you didn't like.

Last edited:

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
First off- welcome to our forums. I have never seen a "introductions" thread so popular. You will fit in.

I am with AOFSOCAL: I laughed. A lot. It was like a good SNL skit. Apple so needs to be made fun of for this kind of thing.

"We are so innovative...but not innovating" kind of thing is what keeps them turning huge profits. More power to them, but .... they just NEED to be made fun of....

kriz225

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I thought it was freaking hilarious. But hey. That's just me.

Hate to break it to ya but it's not just you. I'm right there with you.

I think everyone else who thinks this "isn't cool" is taking it too seriously. If the humor wasn't your cup of tea then that's fine. But why would I be embarrassed by this? I'd be far more embarrassed to pull out my iPhone in public after seeing the new golden iBling 5S crap Apple pulled.

Cleavitt76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Oh wow. Wait - is that... Steve Jobs!? Not cool, Microsoft. At all.

At one point in the video (~1:05 mark) the guy says, "...what I'm trying to tell you now, 'T', is that this [blah blah blah]..."

Why would he refer to Steve Jobs as "T"? That doesn't make any sense at all. I'm pretty sure the guy with his back to the camera is supposed to be Tim 'with a T' Cook. I personally didn't find the ad funny, but I'm not insulted by it either.

However, this Apple parody is hilarious...

kriz225

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Why would he refer to Steve Jobs as "T"? That doesn't make any sense at all.

S-tee-eve Jobs?

I always find Conan's parodies to be a bit too laborious, and this one was no exception. Although it is tough for me not to find humor in mocking Apple's goldchain phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb