Microsoft claims 15% of the New Zealand smartphone market in July

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
firstwp7buyer.jpg
"The very first Windows Phone handset sold (above) was sold in New Zealand on the 21st October 2010. It seems it has taken that long for the OS to finally start gaining traction on the island nation.
Speaking at TechEd 2013 Microsoft New Zealand General Manager Paul Muckleston revealed some internal market share data for the country.
"Windows Phone for our previous financial year ending June 2012 was 2 per cent of the market," Muckleston said. "For the full 12 months ending June 30 this year, it was 4.5 per cent. In the quarter that ended June 30, it was 8.5 per cent, in July it was 15 per cent, in the last 12 months we have got another 9 per cent share."
He put the growth down mainly to Nokia’s colourful Lumia handsets.
"Windows Phone is tracking at around 10 per cent share and with new product releases coming from Nokia we should get to a consistent 15 per cent by the end of the year."
Muckleston said he expected the improved market share to pay dividends in terms of the production of local apps, of which there are less than 1000 in New Zealand.
"When we look at other markets that have got more over 10 per cent, a couple of things have happened. We have seen a dramatic increase in the number of local apps and some of these markets get Windows Phone and Microsoft Surface together and you get a deal and a really uncluttered experience."
New Zealand-based Enlighten Designs chief executive Damon Kelly said the increased market share of Windows Phone presented a new opportunity for his software company.
"You can see by the amazing Windows Phone growth numbers Paul Muckleston has reported in the New Zealand market that Microsoft is dedicated to growing share so that developers will ensure their apps are also built for the Microsoft platform," he said."

Hardware wars | Stuff.co.nz
http://wmpoweruser.com/microsoft-claims-15-of-the-new-zealand-smartphone-market-in-july/

They describe Windows phone as "the new kid on the block"
Note that NZ is like US Android and IOS dominate by far But WP seems to come on and become the new contender on the block.

Glad WP is doing so well in the kiwi land. :D

I agree with this I have seen a lot of WP in my school especially the HTC 8S and Lumia 520 :)

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Interesting, am waiting for wp8 to dominate the world, while others battle with each other for petty things.

Don't get me wrong, but that chick looks weird, the guy looks more handsome than her.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Interesting, am waiting for wp8 to dominate the world, while others battle with each other for petty things.

Don't get me wrong, but that chick looks weird, the guy looks more handsome than her.

I agree. But kiwi people are always good looking and social people :)

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Ya I heard that the police don't carry guns, just tazers. Only the military has guns but then it has no threats tbh as it has no countries adjacent to it except OZ.
Is it true that Govt pays people to increase the population in NZ?

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Ya I heard that the police don't carry guns, just tazers. Only the military has guns but then it has no threats tbh as it has no countries adjacent to it except OZ.
Is it true that Govt pays people to increase the population in NZ?

no...where Did you get that from??? NZ is one of the most expensive places to live in the world

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
no...where Did you get that from??? NZ is one of the most expensive places to live in the world

tumblr_lydlj3dzFN1r28e35.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3