10-01-2013 03:57 PM
101 1234 ...
tools
    Tim Cook showing off that Apple smugness again by saying how Apple isn't going to enter the "junk market" in terms of low priced phones.
    john_v likes this.
    09-19-2013 09:49 PM
    Apple/Cook taking pot shots at their competitors isn't surprising. Microsoft does it all the time. But keep in mind that Microsoft's antitrust lawsuit ended just a little over two years ago. After 8 years they no longer have any Government oversight preventing them from integrating their many products and services. Apple had a head start but let's not underestimate the ramifications of the antitrust lawsuit. It kept Microsoft shackled for a long time. Now Microsoft is innovating at a faster pace than I've ever seen. Windows 8, RT, Xbox One, WP, Office 365, Skype, IE, cloud services and let's not forget the glue, Bing. You know, that thing Apple integrated into Siri. I think combining their products and services is what MS always wanted to do and now they finally can.
    All good points, but I especially like this:

Cook is so worried about people copying their business model.
    How about you start copying other people's pricing model?
    I find it slightly humorous that when the 5c preorders didn't meet expectation, all of the sudden it was, "well we never set out to make a 'budget' phone...we're too good for that"

Asked several aquaintances today (surrounded by ios users) how they like the update; really mixed reactions. Some hate it, some like it. Didn't have anyone who was fawning over it though. One person said, well I really like this new feature" and proceeded to show me his multitasking screen. I pulled out my 920 and held the back arrow down and said, "Oh, you can do that now?" He didn't take it well. :)
    09-19-2013 10:06 PM
    What did Tim Cook say that was inaccurate or a lie? Not only he tells the truth but he radiates arrogance like his mentor Jobs.
    09-19-2013 10:28 PM
    "u see son, this is what happens when your company isnt creative anymore. hey, take that lumia with you and help me cut some wood here"
    09-20-2013 01:59 AM
    I remember when they said Nokia was so innovative with their industrial designs along with Sony's in the Apple vs Samsung case.

Source.
    metalchick719 likes this.
    09-20-2013 02:00 AM
    Maybe it's because their apple stuff works better for them? I want to switch to Microsoft so badly but I can't yet because some of the functionality just isn't there. Why can't I rate a song in Xbox music? Why is it so hard to email a PDF?

ill be first in line when they fix these small issues.
    Actually it is very simple to mail a PDF. You just have to upload it skydrive and share it via email.
    09-20-2013 02:02 AM
    Lol, I'm like Tim, do really know what is innovation except adding 10% to the size?
    And as for "Nokia is dead", he needs to apply a facewash, wash his face with tap water and see at the sales chart, compare it with Iphone and then buy a new dictionary which has the correct meaning of innovation and not,

Innovation
    inno-va-tion
    Adding a few extra centimeters to an existing thing and thinking it'll fool everyone.
    WinFan1 likes this.
    09-20-2013 02:30 AM
    Apple's last few iPads and iPhones haven't been selling because of innovation. They've been selling because of the Apple fans that will buy anything Apple releases.
    So true. The iPhone 5S isn't much of a step up from the iPhone 4S imo. A much smaller step up from say, the Nokia Lumia 800 and the 1020.
    montsa007 and WinFan1 like this.
    09-20-2013 03:02 AM
    So true. The iPhone 5S isn't much of a step up from the iPhone 4S imo. A much smaller step up from say, the Nokia Lumia 800 and the 1020.
    Shooting the enemy with a headshot with no blood stains :D
    WinFan1 likes this.
    09-20-2013 03:22 AM
    The thing is, Apple wasn't that innovative. They took previous ideas and proof-of-concept products and just made them better. The other thing they did great is market their products as sexy and you need this and heres why. Microsoft are complete bafoons with marketing their products.

Theres an internet picture out there somewhere of all products and features that Apple supposedly invented, but yet shown to be just improved copies of other devices (including items such as the tablet, swipe-to-unlock, and notification center).

We have always been shameless about stealing great ideas.
    - Steve Jobs

WinFan1 likes this.
    09-20-2013 06:35 AM
    WinFan1 likes this.
    09-20-2013 06:39 AM
    LMAO

Well I say Tim Cook and Apple copied windows phone and the 'metro' UI. Then I say Apple can't innovate anymore and overprice all their products. I feel better now!

Tim Crook
    WinFan1 and BIGPADDY like this.
    09-20-2013 07:35 AM
    Tim Crook
    I am nominating you for 'most innovative slang of the day' award :), BIGPADDY will award you with a photo of Lumia 1020 ;)
    I wish to modify it as Tim and his Crooks, which makes my slang more powerful and I am eligible for a Real Lumia 1020.
    BIGPADDY, WinFan1 and JerseySal like this.
    09-20-2013 07:36 AM
    well with the exception of a few people in here im glad alot of people feel as i do reading it.
    09-20-2013 08:18 AM
    Lol, I'm like Tim, do really know what is innovation except adding 10% to the size?
    And as for "Nokia is dead", he needs to apply a facewash, wash his face with tap water and see at the sales chart, compare it with Iphone and then buy a new dictionary which has the correct meaning of innovation and not,

Innovation
    inno-va-tion
    Adding a few extra centimeters to an existing thing and thinking it'll fool everyone.
    Heh - So the "Fly on the Wall" video isn't really that far off?! Cut too close to the truth perhaps?
    09-20-2013 09:16 AM
    I bet Samsung can't wait to quote this :)
    09-20-2013 12:49 PM
    Actually it is very simple to mail a PDF. You just have to upload it skydrive and share it via email.
    Most companies, including mine (US Government) don't allow access to skydrive so sharing a link is useless. Windows Phone 8 makes it extremely difficult to simply attach a PDF to an email.
    09-20-2013 12:51 PM
    Most companies, including mine (US Government) don't allow access to skydrive so sharing a link is useless. Windows Phone 8 makes it extremely difficult to simply attach a PDF to an email.
    Actually our lovely US Government is going to the cloud - Skydrive in particular - for sharing documents. This is specifically for healthcare because of the reforms going into action.
    09-20-2013 01:38 PM
    WP8 just works and its pretty darn good for a 18 months old product.
    If they could the fix flaky mutlitasking where the OS closes application (even ones in your recent history) without asking it would be much better.
    I find using WP8 much more fluid than android (I use both daily), it has a nice flow.
    09-20-2013 02:03 PM
    He's wrong. Microsoft isn't shutting the door to HTC or Samsung. Nokia just happens to be the number 1 vendor. They are to WP as Samsung is to Android.
    09-20-2013 03:21 PM
    And that is a major complement. Once Apple sees you as a threat, that means its gonna go down. Android is a lost cause. Hopefully to be replaced by WP, and that will finally merit a match for Apple
    09-20-2013 03:39 PM
    well, I think that the only manageable threat for Apple/iPhone is Windows Phone. They can't take on Android/Samsung and WP is still the small dog on the block and possibly easier to kick around, until of course it grows up and bites and mauls iPhone.

So it makes sense for Tim and friends to focus on WP.
    09-20-2013 03:41 PM
    so u have to touch ur nose and for that u hv to bring ur hands from back of ur head and yes thts simple . dont call it simple buddy, its a workaround thats it,
    09-20-2013 03:43 PM
    Actually our lovely US Government is going to the cloud - Skydrive in particular - for sharing documents. This is specifically for healthcare because of the reforms going into action.
    I don't know what area of the gov you work for but in the DoD nobody is allowed to use it. It certainly would make life a lot easier.
    09-20-2013 04:46 PM
    Guys guys guys, and chicks.
    Am writing a comic book which I will post here soon, it'll make you weep it has so much humor in it!
    Stay tuned!
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    09-21-2013 10:15 AM
101 1234 ...