You cannot be serious.....Really Tim Cook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Actually it is very simple to mail a PDF. You just have to upload it skydrive and share it via email.

Most companies, including mine (US Government) don't allow access to skydrive so sharing a link is useless. Windows Phone 8 makes it extremely difficult to simply attach a PDF to an email.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Most companies, including mine (US Government) don't allow access to skydrive so sharing a link is useless. Windows Phone 8 makes it extremely difficult to simply attach a PDF to an email.

Actually our lovely US Government is going to the cloud - Skydrive in particular - for sharing documents. This is specifically for healthcare because of the reforms going into action.

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
WP8 just works and its pretty darn good for a 18 months old product.
If they could the fix flaky mutlitasking where the OS closes application (even ones in your recent history) without asking it would be much better.
I find using WP8 much more fluid than android (I use both daily), it has a nice flow.

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
He's wrong. Microsoft isn't shutting the door to HTC or Samsung. Nokia just happens to be the number 1 vendor. They are to WP as Samsung is to Android.

boovish

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
And that is a major complement. Once Apple sees you as a threat, that means its gonna go down. Android is a lost cause. Hopefully to be replaced by WP, and that will finally merit a match for Apple

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
well, I think that the only manageable threat for Apple/iPhone is Windows Phone. They can't take on Android/Samsung and WP is still the small dog on the block and possibly easier to kick around, until of course it grows up and bites and mauls iPhone.

So it makes sense for Tim and friends to focus on WP.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Actually it is very simple to mail a PDF. You just have to upload it skydrive and share it via email.

so u have to touch ur nose and for that u hv to bring ur hands from back of ur head and yes thts simple :wink:. dont call it simple buddy, its a workaround thats it,

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Actually our lovely US Government is going to the cloud - Skydrive in particular - for sharing documents. This is specifically for healthcare because of the reforms going into action.

I don't know what area of the gov you work for but in the DoD nobody is allowed to use it. It certainly would make life a lot easier.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Guys guys guys, and chicks.
Am writing a comic book which I will post here soon, it'll make you weep it has so much humor in it!
Stay tuned!

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Its almost ready, just compiling it into a PDF.
Edit - Done, sending PM to all actors :), it 'will' make your weekend fantastick.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
microsoft bought nokia to have more control and work in closer conjunction with the nokia team responsible for hardware, thus being able to create a "pure" windows phone experience that is above what other wp OEMs are producing at said moment.

Industry rumour is that MS bought Nokia because:
1. Nokia's phones unit was getting into financial difficulties (read the terms of the acquisition);
2. Nokia was experimenting with Android, with a view to introducing Android phones (presumably alongside the WP models) once their exclusive deal with MS ending in 2014.

falconeight

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I think he said it as a way to recognize a company that he probably likes. In many ways Nokia is company full of the right people but are held back by leadership. The Nokia lumia 800, the iPhone, and the nexus one were phones made by passionate people. Nokia's leaders just failed to recognize what they had.

Manu Tyagi

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
He said about not loosing his sleep over junk market..the day after news came WP overtook Apple in India..
yeah junk markets where apple launched the scheme of exchanging the phones..even then no one cared then for iPhone here in India..
WP8 and Nokia in particular are gaining back in India..and now WP overtaking market shares of iOS(Taiwan, Lithuania)...however small that may be but they are shrinking and they know this...
there was time when for I myself thought of having an iPhone, but then something good happened I got an iPod Touch and my friend got iPhone only difference was of having calling functionality..
now iPhone is not such a niche product..now its just another common phone which is trying not to sell into the JUNK markets as the phone itself is junk...
the cheap iPhone5C(which he claims was never meant to be cheap(in cost) but just to provide best things at good) costs around 42K INR...wow...that's even more than for having a GS4(which also I really don't like)..

So dear Mr. Cook just like you don't care for JUNK markets, they too don't care for you also...
Just check the growth of smartphones in these junk markets and you"ll see the inevitable hope you can see that and change and don't end up getting Microsoft's help again like in '97 all over again.

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Industry rumour is that MS bought Nokia because:
1. Nokia's phones unit was getting into financial difficulties (read the terms of the acquisition);
2. Nokia was experimenting with Android, with a view to introducing Android phones (presumably alongside the WP models) once their exclusive deal with MS ending in 2014.
according to my understanding the nokia ms renegotiation was pushed back to 2016. It was also very clear that they were having financial difficulties prior to going to wp. therefore it was a strategic move to have bought nokia because of other OEM's lack of support, microsoft will have their own phone department that they wont need to worry about ditching them, or applying resources elsewhere, or testing different operating systems, and work in close proximity to the Os developer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos