Need Help: What Windows Phones in the US are compatible with Sprint's Network?

natelawrence

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi, fellow Windows Phone users,

I need your knowledge on the subject of which Windows Phones have the wireless radios necessary to use the Sprint network in the USA.

My parents recently decided to move from AT&T to Ting and Ting uses Sprint's network, hence I'd like to find a Windows Phone that they could use.

Their current plan is to buy a second hand iPhone 4S apiece for $200 each.

I'd recently heard about the Lumia 520 and 521 being available off-contract for around $100, which seemed like a possible way in since that would be about $100 less per phone (even if they have a lower resolution screen than a 4S) but the thing is that the 520 has radios for AT&T's network and the 521 has radios for T-Mobile's network.

The two Windows Phone 8 devices currently available on Sprint are the HTC 8XT and the Samsung Ativ S Neo.
Bought new, off contract, both are more expensive than the $200 that my parents have found the iPhone 4Ss for.
I've been looking on Amazon and ebay for used/refurbished models, but have only found some 8XTs on ebay so far and haven't found two which are both under $200.

I do realize that different networks use different radio frequencies/formats, but was just wondering whether any other Windows Phones (that I could find for less than $200 apiece) which I could buy unlocked/off-contract would work on Sprint's network.

If you could break down for me which radio types will work on Sprint's network and the frequencies that will work, I could do some of my own homework as to which models of Windows Phone have that equipment onboard.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)