IE11 30% Faster than Any Other Browser

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I use IE a bit more since I installed windows 8. I love the Metro(Modern) IE mode. But addons for chrome are very useful and hold me back from completely switching.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
one issue I don't like about IE11 as I've just replaced IE10 with it, it thinks its firefox so every page I go to it loads settings how it should be for firefox. Google homepage, and for example adblock plus homepage says to install it for firefox rather than for internet explorer

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
very surprised with the speed myself aswell, they just need to fix this firefox thing as it'll be an issue for many people

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I am using IE11 Preview right now! I have a Samsung Pro SSD so I don't notice the speed that much since all my web browser pages load instantaneously on all the website I go to!

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Aren't there accelerators for IE, their counterpart for plug-ins?

huh? I think he's talking about the various third party add ons for Chrome. You can tools like viewport resizers, entire page screenshots, grids, etc.

IE11 looks pretty sold but Chrome is still the beast especially when it comes to developer tools.

Also, the UI is better. I love Metro, but they really need to overhaul IE on desktop. Its just not as polished and effective as Chrome. Chrome is so beautifully simple and easy to use.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
huh? I think he's talking about the various third party add ons for Chrome. You can tools like viewport resizers, entire page screenshots, grids, etc.

IE11 looks pretty sold but Chrome is still the beast especially when it comes to developer tools.

Also, the UI is better. I love Metro, but they really need to overhaul IE on desktop. Its just not as polished and effective as Chrome. Chrome is so beautifully simple and easy to use.

chrome's a memory hog .. but works . IE developer tools are limited and I need a lot of stuff in a browser. Actually I use Firefox (coz of FFOS ),Chrome, Opera Next and IE .. spoilt with choice

And Safari sucks IMO even though they use webkit I think.

anon(5857193)

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I was actually playing around with IE10 earlier today and it was pretty decent. The added speed in IE11 sounds great, but... I need my Chrome extensions. I'll still play around with Internet Explorer every now and then, but it could never be my main browser. :(

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Well already with IE10 I've thought that the only thing Firefox and Chrome have on IE are the various plugins, nothing else really.. I never really used em personally even with Chrome or FF, but I understand why some wouldn't switch to IE as it is.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
It wont be better than chrome because: no adblock and no pop up blocker. I honestly forgot about pop ups and ads until i accidentally opened IE one time and went on a few websites. I was bombarded with pop ups its was insane how bad the web has got with advertising. IE is junk

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
chrome's a memory hog .. but works . IE developer tools are limited and I need a lot of stuff in a browser. Actually I use Firefox (coz of FFOS ),Chrome, Opera Next and IE .. spoilt with choice

And Safari sucks IMO even though they use webkit I think.

Chrome is a memory hog because every tab you have open is its own instance. IE11 has developer tools on par with Chrome now, but I still don't feel its as well polished as Chrome. Firefox seams to heavy anymore. Every time I start it up it acts like I just started a 50 year old engine.

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Chrome is a memory hog because it is a proprietary bloated mess. Dart, NaCL, and that Trojan ChromeOS all piggyback along with it. It isn't about the browser anymore for Google, they want to own the Internet.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
It wont be better than chrome because: no adblock and no pop up blocker. I honestly forgot about pop ups and ads until i accidentally opened IE one time and went on a few websites. I was bombarded with pop ups its was insane how bad the web has got with advertising. IE is junk

Damn, where do you visit? :D I've used IE10 almost exclusively since Windows 8 came out and I might see maybe 1 pop up ad in a month on some site I just about never visit. Generally speaking no website that does pop up ads is worth visiting most likely anyways :p

Aditya Shanbhag

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Just download adfender and install it.No need of any addon for any other browser including IE :D

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Damn, where do you visit? :D I've used IE10 almost exclusively since Windows 8 came out and I might see maybe 1 pop up ad in a month on some site I just about never visit. Generally speaking no website that does pop up ads is worth visiting most likely anyways :p
Barely legal ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon