MS Office In WP8

anon(5140585)

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I cannot seem to find a definitive answer online about what a user can actually do within Office on WP8. I use Word, Excel, and OneNote Web Apps heavily with my Live account. Can I edit and create items within these 3 apps on a WP8 device with the stock software? Or must I buy something an app to do this?

On iOS I get to use the Skydrive app to view items and use OneNote app to add and edit my notes. I am hoping I can do more with WP8.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
You can create/edit new Word and Excel docs (and OneNote). They also have templates for Word (agenda, outline, and report). Also templates for Excel (budget, event schedule, and mileage tracker). Very (VERY) basic formatting options though. If you can, pop into a store and grab a phone to check out Office, should be able to see if it has what you need.

Hope this helps.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
You can also edit text in Powerpoint slides and the notes for each slide (but not graphics, or create new PP presentations.

On the bright side, with Skydrive integrated it is easy peasy to have docs show and sync back and forth.

xumit

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes you can edit, create documents, but the options are very limited. I recommend you to check youtube for its usage and features.

anon(5140585)

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate all the responses. I am def now switching to WP again. I loath iOS 7 and refuse to update my 4s. I always liked WP and since I could give 2 rats behinds about app selection, WP is more suitable for me in many aspects. I particularly like WP's "flat" design. Apple calls their design "flat"? Come in!

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Both Office 15 Mobile and SkyDrive are built-in to the Office Hub on WP8. OneNote is also pre-installed but is now a standalone app and there's a more fully-featured SkyDrive app that's optional but essential if you store lot of Office docs on the go. So out of the box, you're good to go. As to what features those mobile versions of Office contain, that's much more tricky to ascertain.

I've only seen specific information on Excel Mobile supports but there are some useful details described here Microsoft Office Mobile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Think of Office Mobile as a handy, just-in-time companion to your desktop setup, not to be used as a replacement or an alternative.

haydt1

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
It is handy but I have found that I cannot edit many excel spreadsheets on my phone. The WP8 app is very limited on what it can do depending on the version and layout of the document you are trying to edit. Still very useful though and one of the main reasons I switched to WP8 last year.

BitPusher2600

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
You can create/edit new Word and Excel docs (and OneNote). They also have templates for Word (agenda, outline, and report). Also templates for Excel (budget, event schedule, and mileage tracker). Very (VERY) basic formatting options though. If you can, pop into a store and grab a phone to check out Office, should be able to see if it has what you need.

Hope this helps.

This is spot on. Exactly the answer to your question. If you are serious about Office on the go utilize Skydrive. Really, Office mobile is far better for editing, reviewing, or tweaking than comprehensive creating (speaking in terms of professional use.)
...and likewise OP. The flat floating tiles and general aesthetic of WP attracts me as well :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99