This is how Microsoft will win with Skype

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't think I want to see a doctor over skype want happens if you accidentally put it to a group call with all your friends!

Last edited:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't know that this is a dream. Personally, I've never had a need to use Skype for anything. I've always had it but never used it. Recently I tried it, testing it between my phone and my wife. I could not believe how clear this utility is. Sound, video and simple to use too. I can see the more forward thinking and enterprising companies take advantage of this. It truly works well. Very well.

Cleavitt76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
... I can see the more forward thinking and enterprising companies take advantage of this. It truly works well. Very well.

Microsoft actually has an enterprise targeted product called Lync that is based on Skype VoIP and messaging systems. The major difference being that it runs from a companies own intranet/servers instead of using the internet and public Skype servers. It also ties into MS Exchange for contacts and it integrates with the MS Office suite to allow web conference and shared editing functionality. It's basically a private internal Skype for a company. My company uses it quite a bit.

Microsoft Lync - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Even regular Skype is used by a lot of companies though. I read recently that about one third of all international call traffic was via Skype.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786