Epic Idea! User Generated Support/Attention to Surface/Windows Phone

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone.

Sean Ong on YouTube gave me a potentially phenomenal idea to help drive up mindshare and admiration for Microsoft and its key products.

We, i.e. the users and fans, show the world how we use our Surfaces/WPs/MS services, etc. to the world!

I've seen a lot of Microsoft fans defend/support Microsoft with passion on forums, tech sites, etc, but our thoughts are often shut out, ignored or misconstrued. These days you just can't give a rational explanation, especially in writing, so why not show the people (as Sean Ong has) what we mean. Forget the Apple/Google fans, I am talking about normal human beings who just don't know what they're missing out on by shunning the stuff we've grown to love.

This isn't about bashing people or claiming that we can market better than Microsoft, absolutely NOT. This has to be about loving the product, and showing the world how much we love it and why. Sure, we will be marketing, after all, we will be telling the world that the stuff they've been asking for is out there, but we're just fans who want to get the word out.

Why videos? Well, it's a whole lot more difficult to BS a point when it's shown to you. Also, the average person browsing will be the most impressed.

How? I am not asking for a website or anything, I just think we should take off on our own (with our own channels) and share on forums, take a lot at one another's work, give recommendations and ideas, etc. For example, we can share ideas on how we'd present the Lumia 1020 (e.g. when on vacation?), the Surface Pro (as a workstation + mobile companion), a Surface RT/2 (as this all rounder that is underrated), etc. We can also do walkthroughs of specific Windows 8/RT/Phone functionality, showing average users neat tricks and giving them tips, etc.

BTW, if Sean Ong is a WPCentral visitor, you're amazing dude!

mjke

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
i will be putting my lumia 720 to an endurance test, i will be travelling with my phone using here maps, one note for travel plans and will be using my phone to book train and hotel as well as movie tickets . will post the results after few days as my journey starts tomorrow. I will be testing the battery life as well while on the go.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I am planning on doing the following:

1. A day with my Surface Pro: What I use it for work, at home, on the go, etc. Show it's value as a workstation as well as on the go, walk through its power with Adobe Creative Suite and the value of the digitizer in functional use, interactions, etc.

2. Why Windows 8/8.1 is a must have for everyone with a PC that can handle it, including non-touch.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
A nice idea/challenge indeed. Perhaps Microsoft, Nokia, or heck, even WPC could drum up some kind of competition to help kick this whole project off. It would help get everyone to show how their Windows Phone/Windows desktop/Windows tablet/Surface has changed and impacted their life, and why they love it and use it daily.

Sounds like it could be a fun competition, and it'd help the Windows platform while we're at it. Someone really ought to make it happen (I.E: if Microsoft or Nokia runs it, they could possibly let the winner who makes the best video get to collaborate with them, and help write and direct the next Surface/Lumia commercial). WPC could probably not offer much more than a shoutout, and maybe a gift certificate, but I'm sure a front page post would still get much of the WPC community on board.

Again, someone ought to make this happen, it's a superb idea, and could potentially be the mindshare breakthrough Microsoft and Nokia so desperately need.

replay0

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Mjke, I did my entire 1-month Austria/Germany trip with a Lumia 1020 and Surface RT 1 as my electronic devices (and a DSLR for primary photography). I was able to do everything I needed between the two, as far as searching for itineraries, plans, using HERE for driving and GPS guidance, and even booked hostels using my Lumiai 1020! I transferred all photos to my Surface RT, and then backed it up onto a portable HD + SD card as a secondary backup. I'm looking forward to a Surface 2 and a USB 3.0 HD, so that I can have much faster transfer speeds for my camera data. RAW files take up so much space and transfer time.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Mjke, I did my entire 1-month Austria/Germany trip with a Lumia 1020 and Surface RT 1 as my electronic devices (and a DSLR for primary photography). I was able to do everything I needed between the two, as far as searching for itineraries, plans, using HERE for driving and GPS guidance, and even booked hostels using my Lumiai 1020! I transferred all photos to my Surface RT, and then backed it up onto a portable HD + SD card as a secondary backup. I'm looking forward to a Surface 2 and a USB 3.0 HD, so that I can have much faster transfer speeds for my camera data. RAW files take up so much space and transfer time.
My point. This would blow someone's mind if it were on video!

I am recording some stuff about my Pro right now, using my L920 no less to record, lol.

A nice idea/challenge indeed. Perhaps Microsoft, Nokia, or heck, even WPC could drum up some kind of competition to help kick this whole project off. It would help get everyone to show how their Windows Phone/Windows desktop/Windows tablet/Surface has changed and impacted their life, and why they love it and use it daily.

Sounds like it could be a fun competition, and it'd help the Windows platform while we're at it. Someone really ought to make it happen (I.E: if Microsoft or Nokia runs it, they could possibly let the winner who makes the best video get to collaborate with them, and help write and direct the next Surface/Lumia commercial). WPC could probably not offer much more than a shoutout, and maybe a gift certificate, but I'm sure a front page post would still get much of the WPC community on board.

Again, someone ought to make this happen, it's a superb idea, and could potentially be the mindshare breakthrough Microsoft and Nokia so desperately need.
IMO we need to get the wheels rolling first, show MSFT/NOK that the campaign has potential.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234