12-16-2013 02:52 AM
105 1234 ...
tools
    Eminem is very easily the most well known person in the world. That can not be denied!

He is still as big as he once was, if not bigger. He is appealing to a larger audience now than he was when he was younger.
    Michael Jordan, George W. Bush, Justin Bieber.... All bigger than Eminem. You crazy, man.
    12-02-2013 02:23 PM
    Michael Jordan, George W. Bush, Justin Bieber.... All bigger than Eminem. You crazy, man.
    I have heard a couple people say Michael Jordan and I do not see how that is even possible on a world wide level...
    12-02-2013 02:31 PM
    The song "Lose Yourself" is one of the most played song on the radio ever. He's easily one of the most famous personality out there.
    Last edited by Simon Tupper; 12-02-2013 at 02:58 PM.
    berty6294 and Jas00555 like this.
    12-02-2013 02:37 PM
    eh, I'm not sure about Michael Jordan. Maybe in the US, but since he's mainly known for basketball, I don't think that would translate into worldwide recognition, unlike music, which is everywhere.

I also disagree on Bush. Sure, he's well known, but no more or less than every other president, which doesn't really make him relevant.

Now about Bieber...... Maybe, big maybe. He's more of a fad though and he's been doing a lot of suspicious things lately that really doesn't make him appeal to anyone outside his fan base. Eminem has been around for over a decade and he's still rocking the charts. Here, let me give you a likely scenario.

I go up to someone and say "What is X been doing recently?"
    MJ: no idea
    Bush: I think he has a museum or something, but I have no idea
    JB: sleeping with Brazilian hookers and peeing in buckets, I haven't heard a hit song in months though
    Eminem: going berzerk! I love/like/listen to his music.

Sure, he's not as big as he was before, but when I see tons of people talk about it around my college campus, he's still relevant.

I agree with Berty6294, he's one of the top 5 people for MS to pick.
    berty6294 likes this.
    12-02-2013 02:38 PM
    I don't think you could find a human being in the world (age 12 and older) who hasn't heard of Eminem. Hell, it'd be tricky trying to find someone who couldn't name an Eminem song! He's been at the top of the chart for over a decade!
    12-02-2013 02:43 PM
    The only people who could compete with Eminem with relevance, popularity, and number of hits are Justin Timberlake and Jay-Z. Both have been around for a while and have tons of popularity and tons of fans, although I don't know which order they actually would be in. I honestly can't think of any other person who has relevance, is recognizable by most ages, and is still loved by the masses except for those 3.
    12-02-2013 03:14 PM
    Id love team phones WOW. Especially with Nokia already being all colorful, selling specialized variants in team colors/logos would be sick

EDIT: Did you just say Justin Beiber is bigger than Eminem? Beiber is a dumb fad that I cant wait for it to end.
    12-02-2013 04:12 PM
    I could see Justin Timberlake much more than Eminem. He represents class and fashion as opposed to trailer park savior.
    etad putta likes this.
    12-02-2013 05:11 PM
    Living person. And I can guarantee Eminem has more world wide relevance than Obama. As far as the royal family, everybody knows the names but most young people in the US couldn't give two ****s about who they are. I bet most kids will say "oh the one who got her head cut off by the guillotine??"
    Kobe Bryant
    12-02-2013 07:38 PM
    dude...partnering with JT would be awesome. Just throwing the idea out, but could you imagine if Xbox music got temporary exclusive rights to his new, unreleased, hypothetical album? That would be so cool. Mainly because I know a lot of people that were freaking out over Lady Gaga and some album of hers that was temporarily exclusive to iTunes, so having everyone talk about "JT's new album, available on Xbox music" could help gain a lot of people, mainly because they would have to go to the website to find it.
    Last edited by Jas00555; 12-03-2013 at 10:44 AM.
    12-02-2013 08:22 PM
    Kobe Bryant
    Literally no one I know could care less about basketball. You may as well have suggested Derek Jeter.
    12-02-2013 09:21 PM
    Literally no one I know could care less about basketball. You may as well have suggested Derek Jeter.

Kobe is a much bigger worldwide star than anyone who plays baseball. There are billions of people all around the world that don't watch basketball, but know Kobe Bryant.
    12-03-2013 02:42 AM
    I think Kobe Bryant have a deal with Lenovo already.
    12-03-2013 03:04 AM
    Eminem is not more popular that Michael Jordan. Come on people.
    Indistinguishable likes this.
    12-03-2013 03:20 AM
    Eminem is not more popular that Michael Jordan. Come on people.

The only thing that Jordan may have going against him is that he's not currently a big news maker. Young people in some countries may not know who he is.
    12-03-2013 03:40 AM
    Kobe is a much bigger worldwide star than anyone who plays baseball. There are billions of people all around the world that don't watch basketball, but know Kobe Bryant.
    as a ******, yeah.
    12-03-2013 07:02 AM
    The only thing that Jordan may have going against him is that he's not currently a big news maker. Young people in some countries may not know who he is.
    With all due respect, this isn't 1998 anymore.
    Curtieson likes this.
    12-03-2013 07:03 AM
    Most Famous Person 2013 Awards
    Based on this social media rating system, Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, and Jennifer Anniston are all ahead of Eminem. Uhg... Half of that top ten makes me cringe.
    berty6294 likes this.
    12-03-2013 10:02 AM
    Okay, Justin Timberlake may be in front of Eminem. Jennifer Anniston???? The hell is she doing on that list?? Lady Gaga? I feel like she is a fad that has lasted a bit too long...
    12-03-2013 10:05 AM
    Okay, Justin Timberlake may be in front of Eminem. Jennifer Anniston???? The hell is she doing on that list?? Lady Gaga? I feel like she is a fad that has lasted a bit too long...
    How are ANY of these people ahead of really influential, and often inspiring, people like Barack Obama, Bill Gates, George W. Bush, Angela Merkel, Jeff Bezos, Oprah, Bill Clinton, The Pope, Nelson Mandela, the Dalai Lama, Rupert Murdoch, etc...
    12-03-2013 10:11 AM
    How are ANY of these people ahead of really influential, and often inspiring, people like Barack Obama, Bill Gates, George W. Bush, Angela Merkel, Jeff Bezos, Oprah, Bill Clinton, The Pope, Nelson Mandela, the Dalai Lama, Rupert Murdoch, etc...
    Nobody is saying influential or inspiring, just recognizable. And seeing as I don't even know half the people you listed, I don't believe they are very popular people lol
    12-03-2013 10:23 AM
    Nobody is saying influential or inspiring, just recognizable. And seeing as I don't even know half the people you listed, I don't believe they are very popular people lol
    i-dont-want-live-planet-anymore-11372-1920x1200.jpg

Who do you not know on that list?
    12-03-2013 11:03 AM
    Probably his best album since the first two.
    12-03-2013 11:08 AM
    Find me 10 people who would buy a phone because it had pre-loaded pictures of Rupert Murdoch on it and I'll eat my left shoe.

Edit: although, I'll admit that I have no idea who Angela Merkel is.
    HeyCori and Curtieson like this.
    12-03-2013 11:11 AM
    Find me 10 people who would buy a phone because it had pre-loaded pictures of Rupert Murdoch on it and I'll eat my left shoe.

Edit: although, I'll admit that I have no idea who Angela Merkel is.
    True - I wasn't really talking about WP or Microsoft anymore. Just world relevance and how sad it is that people get into celebrity worship without substance.

Angela Merkel is really cool. She's the current Chancellor of Germany. Check out her Wiki page here: Angela Merkel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    You can also check out this hilarious clip from a diplomatic summit in which President Bush thought it'd be a good idea to walk up behind her and massage her shoulders. Hilarious.

12-03-2013 11:52 AM
105 1234 ...