Eminem + Windows Phones = $$$

SlimAndShady

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Would be great if MS made something like Samsung did with Jay-Z? I mean, Eminem is famous all over the world, even your grandmothers now him, he has one of the biggest fan bases and people would sell their galaxy or iPhone to buy the Lumia Eminem Edition. Imagine Lumia 925, with the Eminem logo on the back, 10 Eminem pictures for lock screen, and Eminems new album in the device. The devices would sell,a lot! Trust me. And WP would get more publicity and sales. Isn't a good idea?

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I think those types of devices succeed because they are a special edition of a device that already has a lot of buzz around it. So, it may get some sales, but I doubt it would be mega-successful. Especially on a high end phone, since that's just not where most people are buying Windows Phones.

Edit: Besides, devices like that have always been more of a niche thing than anything. Sure everyone knows who eminem is, but that doesn't mean everyone cares about him, or much less wants to have his special edition phone (especially since such a thing would likely be sold at a premium)

SlimAndShady

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I think those types of devices succeed because they are a special edition of a device that already has a lot of buzz around it. So, it may get some sales, but I doubt it would be mega-successful. Especially on a high end phone, since that's just not where most people are buying Windows Phones.

Edit: Besides, devices like that have always been more of a niche thing than anything. Sure everyone knows who eminem is, but that doesn't mean everyone cares about him, or much less wants to have his special edition phone (especially since such a thing would likely be sold at a premium)

Man, people on eBay would buy a tissue of Eminem for 100$ lol. I'm sure that it would sell well especially in the new Lumia wave if it happens. I respect your opinion tho. :)

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Something actually touched by a celebrity is a bit different from something that simply carries their endorsement though. And besides, Eminem is past his prime in terms of popularity and relevance.

But how about this- find an Eminem forum. I'm sure one exists. there you will find the most hardacore Eminem fans you're likely find anywhere, which probably puts them in the minority of his fans anyway. Create a poll on this forum asking people if they'd buy an Eminem-branded Windows Phone and see what the response is. If it's in the 80%-90% range then maybe you're onto something. If it's lower than that then you can be guaranteed that outside of people who are obsessed with him not many will be interested

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Would be great if MS made something like Samsung did with Jay-Z? I mean, Eminem is famous all over the world, even your grandmothers now him, he has one of the biggest fan bases and people would sell their galaxy or iPhone to buy the Lumia Eminem Edition. Imagine Lumia 925, with the Eminem logo on the back, 10 Eminem pictures for lock screen, and Eminems new album in the device. The devices would sell,a lot! Trust me. And WP would get more publicity and sales. Isn't a good idea?

So, you were on to something here at least... but not a special model (yet)

Xbox Music just released Eminem's new LP for Free to anyone with Windows Phone 8 or Windows 8.
Xbox Music - Eminem's Marshall Mathers LP2 FREE

I'm having issues getting the non-edited version onto my phone...if I try to get anything with "explicit" it gives me an error...I have never been under age while I've had the account...and I'm 29 now so no idea why it is being so controlling.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Eminem is very easily the most well known person in the world. That can not be denied!

He is still as big as he once was, if not bigger. He is appealing to a larger audience now than he was when he was younger.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Hahah, I think it could.

Obama?
Queen Elizabeth?
Jesus?

Living person. And I can guarantee Eminem has more world wide relevance than Obama. As far as the royal family, everybody knows the names but most young people in the US couldn't give two ****s about who they are. I bet most kids will say "oh the one who got her head cut off by the guillotine??"

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't see MSFT warming up to Eminem to be honest. Now working with organizations such as NFL / MLB/ NBA / NHL would produce some benefits. Customized phones for select teams. That would sell.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Living person. And I can guarantee Eminem has more world wide relevance than Obama. As far as the royal family, everybody knows the names but most young people in the US couldn't give two ****s about who they are. I bet most kids will say "oh the one who got her head cut off by the guillotine??"

If it was Will, Kate and George. Probably a different story since they are like celebs

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
If it was Will, Kate and George. Probably a different story since they are like celebs

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Nah I still don't think so. I just asked a bunch of people around my campus just to get a sense, American young adults again mostly recognize the name as royalty but couldn't put the name to a face. They just don't care. Ask them about Eminem and they'll name a few songs, tell you what he looks like, and probably tell you a little about his life story. That I believe holds true for all parts of the world.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I just don't see it, I mean he's past his prime here. Are you in the states?

I am in the states, Maryland to be precise. I mean he is the best selling artist of the past decade, Recovery topped the charts, and now everybody and their brothers have gone crazy for his new LP. He has made Rolling Stones top 100. I'd say in popular history, he is just behind Michael Jackson in world wide recognition.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss