Eminem + Windows Phones = $$$

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Do you think any of the people on that list are real? I mean, do they actually exist, in the same way that you or I exist, or this laptop exists? Or is it more like the way that, say, Sherlock Holmes exists?
I've always wondered.

I do think that all stars are just a persona... In that Eminem and Slim Shady is completely different than Marshal Mathers [and he alludes to that also in his music]. Same with Lady Gaga; I don't think she gets home from work and slips out of her meat dress and into a dress of pudding to get comfortable...it is all an act.

However, I'm sure some star's fronts are more true to actual personality than others. But I wouldn't compare them to Sherlock Holmes...if Robert Downey Jr. left this world, Sherlock Holmes would continue...if Marshal passed away, Eminem would not. I guess that would be due to Sherlock Holmes being the book character first and foremost... If you took a movie like Pirates of the Caribbean and tried to do it without Johhny Depp; that wouldn't work well since most people only associate the character with the movie.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Just because I like free stuff I will get this but I dislike eminem due to his homophobia though I like a few of his older songs.

Of course, I would love to see gaga or even bieber endorse our OS. That alone could have a great impact in new users.

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Just because I like free stuff I will get this but I dislike eminem due to his homophobia though I like a few of his older songs.

He did hug Elton John tho.... Lol

Of course, I would love to see gaga or even bieber endorse our OS. That alone could have a great impact in new users.

Idk if the old users would be cool with it haha. At least make it T-Swift of one of the more tolerable kid artists!

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
So I just noticed an interesting tidbit for people who think Eminem isn't relevant anymore. If you're in the US (and maybe other places) and you gander to Xbox music then click on "top artists", he's literally #1.

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
So I just noticed an interesting tidbit for people who think Eminem isn't relevant anymore. If you're in the US (and maybe other places) and you gander to Xbox music then click on "top artists", he's literally #1.

They're also giving away his album for free right now.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
No, I think he was talking about Elton Jan. Who is Elton Jan? Did they do back up singing for t-swift?

hahahaha, It's funny, because he is gay...so John becomes Jan. I see what you did there.

But wait...do you guys really not know Elton John and think he is a backup singer? I really hope you are American at least.

I do not think Eminem is homophobic. I just think he hates stuff, a LOT of stuff. That is his shtick.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
hahahaha, It's funny, because he is gay...so John becomes Jan. I see what you did there.

But wait...do you guys really not know Elton John and think he is a backup singer? I really hope you are American at least.

I do not think Eminem is homophobic. I just think he hates stuff, a LOT of stuff. That is his shtick.

I wasn't really going for the gay thing there... Whoops.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
According to an article I read, bieber originally tried to make a deal to be a spokesperson with blackberry but they considered him a fad who wanted last and laughed him out the room.

Of course now look at bieber and look at blackberry. Nokia then tagged Justin saying they were interested in working together.

Eminem is alright though. But given how his image is, that seems a bit liberal for Microsoft to go that that route I think.

Last edited:

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
According to an article I read, bieber originally tried to make a deal to be a spokesperson with blackberry but they considered him a fad who wanted last and laughed him out the room.

Of course now look at bieber and look at blackberry. Nokia rwfentlu tagged Justin saying they were interested in working together.

I read the same thing. including the one guy that leaked saying it was a mistake because Bieber would out last RIM...

Whoops, hahaha. You recently get a little off the home keys there? :rimshot:

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

Eminem makes good rap, and good music. end. (in my opinion of course)
his dislikes or likes or thoughts about other people shouldnt matter much if it doesnt affect you, so his homophobia shouldnt be the reason you dislike him and avoid him and only get his music when its free. I understand if you didnt like his voice or his rapping style or something like that but "homophobia" doesnt sound a good reason.

Because... (yeah there is a because in my post) to me, and honestly, you are practically doing the same Eminem does. rejecting someone because he doesnt like what you like/ think is correct (or someone doesnt dislike what you dislike)
I mean, apparently its good to dislike/hate someone who is homophobe but its bad to be the homophobe, why? people is different, but i got an answer "because people must like everything some people think they should".... its like people like think they are more open minded than Eminem (in this case) but then, they are still close minded like him and not better than him. because again, disliking someone for not supporting or liking or say yes to what "you" like, its not being open minded either.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Several times Eminem has gone on record to state that he's not against gays or gay marriage. He does openly admit that his language was a common part of his childhood and the rap culture.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Eminem makes good rap, and good music. end. (in my opinion of course)
his dislikes or likes or thoughts about other people shouldnt matter much if it doesnt affect you, so his homophobia shouldnt be the reason you dislike him and avoid him and only get his music when its free. I understand if you didnt like his voice or his rapping style or something like that but "homophobia" doesnt sound a good reason.

Because... (yeah there is a because in my post) to me, and honestly, you are practically doing the same Eminem does. rejecting someone because he doesnt like what you like/ think is correct (or someone doesnt dislike what you dislike)
I mean, apparently its good to dislike/hate someone who is homophobe but its bad to be the homophobe, why? people is different, but i got an answer "because people must like everything some people think they should".... its like people like think they are more open minded than Eminem (in this case) but then, they are still close minded like him and not better than him. because again, disliking someone for not supporting or liking or say yes to what "you" like, its not being open minded either.

that's not it at all. I do like some of his older songs. Just lose it and lose yourself being two songs I used to play like crazy.

But me not being a fan of someone because they are homophobic is nowhere near the same thing at all.

There is a difference in not liking or agreeing with something I like. People have that right. There is a difference when a rapper uses hate speech and hurtful terms.

I am not even sure how you would be able to rationalize homophobia or make a homophobe somehow the victim because people dislike the hate speech he encourages lol. I find that amusing.

But given his image, I can't see Microsoft or Nokia being the type to offer him a spokesman job.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Several times Eminem has gone on record to state that he's not against gays or gay marriage. He does openly admit that his language was a common part of his childhood and the rap culture.

And even if he were opposed to gay marriage (he's said that he's not), that would not make him a homophobe. Just putting that out there as someone who is opposed to the redefinition of the term marriage but is not "against" gay individuals.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
MS should get famous actors in a WP ad once Cortana comes out to emulate Apple's celebrity Siri ads. That seems to connect with Joe & Jane Sixpack.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss