12-16-2013 02:52 AM
105 123 ...
tools
    Would be great if MS made something like Samsung did with Jay-Z? I mean, Eminem is famous all over the world, even your grandmothers now him, he has one of the biggest fan bases and people would sell their galaxy or iPhone to buy the Lumia Eminem Edition. Imagine Lumia 925, with the Eminem logo on the back, 10 Eminem pictures for lock screen, and Eminems new album in the device. The devices would sell,a lot! Trust me. And WP would get more publicity and sales. Isn't a good idea?
    10-04-2013 08:59 AM
    I think those types of devices succeed because they are a special edition of a device that already has a lot of buzz around it. So, it may get some sales, but I doubt it would be mega-successful. Especially on a high end phone, since that's just not where most people are buying Windows Phones.

Edit: Besides, devices like that have always been more of a niche thing than anything. Sure everyone knows who eminem is, but that doesn't mean everyone cares about him, or much less wants to have his special edition phone (especially since such a thing would likely be sold at a premium)
    10-04-2013 09:17 AM
    I think those types of devices succeed because they are a special edition of a device that already has a lot of buzz around it. So, it may get some sales, but I doubt it would be mega-successful. Especially on a high end phone, since that's just not where most people are buying Windows Phones.

Edit: Besides, devices like that have always been more of a niche thing than anything. Sure everyone knows who eminem is, but that doesn't mean everyone cares about him, or much less wants to have his special edition phone (especially since such a thing would likely be sold at a premium)
    Man, people on eBay would buy a tissue of Eminem for 100$ lol. I'm sure that it would sell well especially in the new Lumia wave if it happens. I respect your opinion tho. :)
    10-04-2013 10:01 AM
    Something actually touched by a celebrity is a bit different from something that simply carries their endorsement though. And besides, Eminem is past his prime in terms of popularity and relevance.

But how about this- find an Eminem forum. I'm sure one exists. there you will find the most hardacore Eminem fans you're likely find anywhere, which probably puts them in the minority of his fans anyway. Create a poll on this forum asking people if they'd buy an Eminem-branded Windows Phone and see what the response is. If it's in the 80%-90% range then maybe you're onto something. If it's lower than that then you can be guaranteed that outside of people who are obsessed with him not many will be interested
    10-04-2013 02:57 PM
    I would pay $10,000 if I got one that was rubbed on Scarlett Johansen's boobs.
    10-04-2013 04:36 PM
    I would be very interested!!!

GO BERZERK!!!
    SlimAndShady likes this.
    10-04-2013 04:49 PM
    Would be great if MS made something like Samsung did with Jay-Z? I mean, Eminem is famous all over the world, even your grandmothers now him, he has one of the biggest fan bases and people would sell their galaxy or iPhone to buy the Lumia Eminem Edition. Imagine Lumia 925, with the Eminem logo on the back, 10 Eminem pictures for lock screen, and Eminems new album in the device. The devices would sell,a lot! Trust me. And WP would get more publicity and sales. Isn't a good idea?
    So, you were on to something here at least... but not a special model (yet)

Xbox Music just released Eminem's new LP for Free to anyone with Windows Phone 8 or Windows 8.
    Xbox Music - Eminem's Marshall Mathers LP2 FREE

I'm having issues getting the non-edited version onto my phone...if I try to get anything with "explicit" it gives me an error...I have never been under age while I've had the account...and I'm 29 now so no idea why it is being so controlling.
    12-02-2013 09:25 AM
    To make it even more One of kind, the 925 aluminum sides should be engraved with his autograph
    12-02-2013 09:41 AM
    He can be like a Nokia God! Get it, Nokia God? See what I did there? Shut up...
    trandz and dalydose like this.
    12-02-2013 09:46 AM
    Eminem is very easily the most well known person in the world. That can not be denied!

He is still as big as he once was, if not bigger. He is appealing to a larger audience now than he was when he was younger.
    12-02-2013 10:03 AM
    Eminem is very easily the most well known person in the world. That can not be denied!
    Hahah, I think it could.

Obama?
    Queen Elizabeth?
    Jesus?
    Indistinguishable likes this.
    12-02-2013 10:22 AM
    Hahah, I think it could.

Obama?
    Queen Elizabeth?
    Jesus?
    Living person. And I can guarantee Eminem has more world wide relevance than Obama. As far as the royal family, everybody knows the names but most young people in the US couldn't give two ****s about who they are. I bet most kids will say "oh the one who got her head cut off by the guillotine??"
    skstrials likes this.
    12-02-2013 10:26 AM
    I don't see MSFT warming up to Eminem to be honest. Now working with organizations such as NFL / MLB/ NBA / NHL would produce some benefits. Customized phones for select teams. That would sell.
    12-02-2013 10:29 AM
    Living person. And I can guarantee Eminem has more world wide relevance than Obama. As far as the royal family, everybody knows the names but most young people in the US couldn't give two ****s about who they are. I bet most kids will say "oh the one who got her head cut off by the guillotine??"
    If it was Will, Kate and George. Probably a different story since they are like celebs

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    12-02-2013 10:49 AM
    If it was Will, Kate and George. Probably a different story since they are like celebs

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Nah I still don't think so. I just asked a bunch of people around my campus just to get a sense, American young adults again mostly recognize the name as royalty but couldn't put the name to a face. They just don't care. Ask them about Eminem and they'll name a few songs, tell you what he looks like, and probably tell you a little about his life story. That I believe holds true for all parts of the world.
    12-02-2013 11:42 AM
    By campus did you mean middle-high school campus?
    12-02-2013 11:47 AM
    By campus did you mean middle-high school campus?
    College. Grad and Undergrad.
    12-02-2013 11:51 AM
    College. Grad and Undergrad.
    I just don't see it, I mean he's past his prime here. Are you in the states?
    12-02-2013 11:52 AM
    I just don't see it, I mean he's past his prime here. Are you in the states?
    I am in the states, Maryland to be precise. I mean he is the best selling artist of the past decade, Recovery topped the charts, and now everybody and their brothers have gone crazy for his new LP. He has made Rolling Stones top 100. I'd say in popular history, he is just behind Michael Jackson in world wide recognition.
    12-02-2013 11:56 AM
    Not saying everybody likes him or still listening to him, but I'm sure every single person you ask knows who he is!
    12-02-2013 11:57 AM
    I definitely wouldn't push it that far because there's no one who hasn't heard of Jacko whereas if I asked my grandma about Eminem she'd be lost. Plus the longevity of artists these days is not the same, the only reason he's the best selling of the past decade is because few artists have stuck around more than a year or two in the past decade. It's not as big a deal as it once was.
    12-02-2013 11:59 AM
    I definitely wouldn't push it that far because there's no one who hasn't heard of Jacko whereas if I asked my grandma about Eminem she'd be lost. Plus the longevity of artists these days is not the same, the only reason he's the best selling of the past decade is because few artists have stuck around more than a year or two in the past decade. It's not as big a deal as it once was.
    I bet if you ask your grandmother she would say that white rapper guy.

But your second point is a perfect reason why he would be easily recognizable! He's consistently been one of the most popular artist for almost 20 years and is still releasing new chart toppers.
    12-02-2013 12:03 PM
    Almost 20 years? He wasn't even big until I was in 5th grade and that's been 12-13 years... Actually, that's a bit off, he was somewhat big in 99 because he did the MTV awards show that year. That was when he was still somewhat unheard of though. I'll be honest, it feels like you're fanboying a bit. I love Doctor Who but I'm not suggesting a Tardis Blue phone with a "Police Public Call Box" sign on it.
    12-02-2013 12:10 PM
    I definitely wouldn't push it that far because there's no one who hasn't heard of Jacko whereas if I asked my grandma about Eminem she'd be lost.
    [FYI devil, Berty is not the OP]
    When I read this...seriously...my first thought was "who is Jacko?" and you are saying no one who hasn't heard of them, haha.

And Berty...Britney Spears could be inserted into every statement you are making (about # of hits and longevity)... And I think you are underestimating the world wide political prowess of Obama. But...just searching some online lists (real official...I know...haha) most put Bieber and Lady Gaga over Eminem.
    jomarr likes this.
    12-02-2013 02:14 PM
    [FYI devil, Berty is not the OP]
    When I read this...seriously...my first thought was "who is Jacko?" and you are saying no one who hasn't heard of them, haha.

And Berty...Britney Spears could be inserted into every statement you are making (about # of hits and longevity)... And I think you are underestimating the world wide political prowess of Obama. But...just searching some online lists (real official...I know...haha) most put Bieber and Lady Gaga over Eminem.
    I have seen that, but I feel like they are too new to be recognized by the older generations. At least most of our grandparents could recognize Eminem as that white rapper hood rat or something along those lines (even if he is much more mature of an artist and human now).

For me to say #1 is wrong I suppose, but top 5 I think is reasonable.

And my mistake I meant 15 years, not sure why I said 20, he didn't even have anything 20 years ago.

Also wanted to apologize for sounding fanboyish. I am a huge fan of Em :P
    boxa72 likes this.
    12-02-2013 02:19 PM
105 123 ...