If Android user try Windows Phone 8 before they complain

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm debating jumping ship back to Android. I've been playing with an HTC One and so far I haven't found the interface overly obnoxious.

Oh - and NEVER play a Youtube video on the One compared to the 1020 at the same time. They both looked good, but the One had a cleaner image. My wife is going to kill me.

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
That particular problem will go away in new phones running GDR3, as I'm sure 1080p displays will become standard for Windows Phone as they are on Android.

Anyway, there are legitimate reasons to choose Android over Windows Phone. It is a far more tweak-able OS for those who want extreme customization, the app selection is superior by far, and it is a more mature OS with a more well-rounded set of features. But that's not to say that it is superior in every way or that most people wouldn't like or even prefer windows Phone if they tried it. Just that both OSs have appeal and I there's a clear case for choosing Android.

If you ask me, generating interest in Windows Phone starts on the sales floor more than anywhere else. If salespeople either aren't mentioning Windows Phone handsets or are pushing people away from them, it's only natural that people are going to end up elsewhere and ignorant of the strengths of Windows Phone

phasar

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
If WP8 was supported and updated regularly their base users could have helped drive up sales. But instead you have many former WP users who refuse to be burned again.

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I don't think OS support is the problem here. Soon we'll have had three interim updates this year alone with a major update coming in the first half of next year. That kind of support is really the best you could expect.

Of course there are still features that Windows Phone lacks, but many of them are in the pipeline and a number of weak spots have been addressed already or will be in GDR3.

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't think OS support is the problem here. Soon we'll have had three interim updates this year alone with a major update coming in the first half of next year. That kind of support is really the best you could expect.

Of course there are still features that Windows Phone lacks, but many of them are in the pipeline and a number of weak spots have been addressed already or will be in GDR3.
Every update is centered around a new set of windows phones. GDR1 was centered around the upcoming phones they were making at that time(didn't have WP then and I don't feel like researching), GDR2 was a horrible update that was centered around the Nokia Lumia 1020 and 925 for their special camera. If we don't include Nokia's update GDR2 really did nothing for us. GDR3 is yet to be another failure, they finally plan to add better multitasking, but look at iOS 7 if Microsoft acted immediately with their multitasking iOS wouldn't have been able to still the look and add more to it. These little updates aren't doing anything for me but being annoying because I really want a good update instead of all these leaks about boring updates. And just to rebuttal against something you might say, "Apple and Android have minor updates too," the difference between our minor updates and the competitors updates are that nobody leaks a small update it just happens, but for us we get leaks about new features only to find out Most of the features weren't in the update.

haree

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
hi
having been a long time android use i could say this about the Win phone
1. the battery is great far better than the canvas HD i still do have
2.Phone is very snappy and good browsing exp was also far better even with the 512ram on my 625
3.what suks for me on WM is dont have too many apps id have to say very very few free usefull apps and games idont play games on my phone so its ok here
4.development in terms of custom roms and all seem to be nill believe me its fun flashing custom roms and trying out a whole lot of features u did not get with ur phone
so what i feel is if u want a good phone with all the features not realy all that interested in a lot of free games free apps and development then the 625 i have is a great phone to have
as i have had enough with all the fun i had with the Android phone im happy with the performance of my phone its meeting my needs:evil:

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, custom ROMs are never going to happen on Windows Phone. This is not exactly the Wild West of OSs. It is tightly controlled and designed to be consistent across all devices.

etchh

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I myself am admittedly a Windows ****** and had a WP for almost 3 years. When it comes to cell phones though, as much as I want to stay true to WP, I finally jumped ship and went to Android. Until WP gets up to date with the games and other important apps, I will be sticking with an Android from a cell phone standpoint. As is the many reasons people haven't, or won't switch over. If MS gets their act together in the marketplace, they will without a doubt draw a lot more people

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk now Free

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I really don't think billboards are that great for advertisement of smartphones. People would notice TV commercials more, since those show what a device is able to do.

Nuh, you both are right, we need them both on the interwebz as well as Bill boards. Atleast in the 3rd world countries.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
hi
having been a long time android use i could say this about the Win phone
1. the battery is great far better than the canvas HD i still do have
2.Phone is very snappy and good browsing exp was also far better even with the 512ram on my 625
3.what suks for me on WM is dont have too many apps id have to say very very few free usefull apps and games idont play games on my phone so its ok here
4.development in terms of custom roms and all seem to be nill believe me its fun flashing custom roms and trying out a whole lot of features u did not get with ur phone
so what i feel is if u want a good phone with all the features not realy all that interested in a lot of free games free apps and development then the 625 i have is a great phone to have
as i have had enough with all the fun i had with the Android phone im happy with the performance of my phone its meeting my needs:evil:

I hate when people compare phones like Micromax, Intex, Max and Karbon to Nokia. Those aren't really some legit companies, all they ever did was buy some cheap stuff slap it all together and voila there you have, a phone that will not receive any future updates, will not receive any kind of support. Have heard 'horror' stories for after sales support these guys offer ;), but then we are talking about the OS here not the phone.

thzman

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I was a Android user for about 5 years before I found the guts to try WP. I must admit that it was a little scary at first since everything about the OS is so different from android and ios. And I had also heard about the lack of apps and was not really sure what I was getting into, but at the time I was quite fed up with android. I made the switch in April this year and I can honestly say that I don't miss a thing from the android side. I love my Lumia 920, sure it had its issues but things has really improved with the updates so I looking forward to GDR3 ( and also hope that we get WP 8.1) to make things even better. I don't think that the " lack of apps" in the store is a valid argument anymore. Sure we don't have 50 fart apps by who needs them anyway.:) What I need I've got and I will for sure stay with WP for the foreseeable future. I think that MS is on the right track.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
How quickly Android users forget that the 'Droid FaceBook app was pretty crappy until about 6-9 months ago. Crashes, missed notifications....

I was one of them....

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Windows 8 phone operating system maybe can compete to ios with cheap windows smartphones but can't compete to Android..many cheapest Android phones already flooded. Android cheapest phone 3 times less expensive compare to nokia 520. I choose Those local Android phone brand offers complete features with flash,dual cam,dual sim with Android 4.0, 3 times that can less price compare to cheapest Samsung Android phones low memory bad display no dual cam no flash,Android 2.3 version only...bad connection over 3G can't even load..
Ideas
(True story)

Name one brand new Android phone, off contract, that costs $100.

You can't

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Name one brand new Android phone, off contract, that costs $100.

You can't
There's a big world outside the United States, check out a globe. Nokia has ZERO traction in the United States so it doesn't really matter if they give it for $100 or free. Here in Asia the Lumia 520 is for around $180. There are a **** load of Android phones selling for less. Heck there are Samsung Galaxy phones such as Galaxy Y or Galaxy Ace which sell for less.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
There's a big world outside the United States, check out a globe. Nokia has ZERO traction in the United States so it doesn't really matter if they give it for $100 or free. Here in Asia the Lumia 520 is for around $180. There are a **** load of Android phones selling for less. Heck there are Samsung Galaxy phones such as Galaxy Y or Galaxy Ace which sell for less.
Lumia 520 is around 6800₹, i.e <115$......at least check before commenting...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos