If Android user try Windows Phone 8 before they complain

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
There's a big world outside the United States, check out a globe. Nokia has ZERO traction in the United States so it doesn't really matter if they give it for $100 or free. Here in Asia the Lumia 520 is for around $180. There are a **** load of Android phones selling for less. Heck there are Samsung Galaxy phones such as Galaxy Y or Galaxy Ace which sell for less.
also Galaxy Y and Ace are 2 year old models....released in 2011.....i personally owned a Galaxy Y Duos....then m.r.p was 10,000.....Lumia 520 was released just a few months ago :p

Aniruddh Sharma

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
The basic features I think WP lacks are -
1. Smart Dialling
2. Custom tones for msgs, emails etc. Coming in GDR 3
3. Separate Vol control.
4. Ability to switch off dial pad tone without diabling keypad tone. Love the keypad tone by the dialer tone is very irritating.
5. Inability to search in msg hub. If I have to find a very old message or from an unsaved number, I have to scroll randomly and check.
6. Text reject incoming calls for all numbers
7. Inability to save audio/video files from whatsapp and use the audio files as ringtones. Infact one has to save any audio file in the ringtone folder before it can be made a ringtone which to me is a pretty long and irritating process.
8. Instead of the X, apps should have been closed by swiping down.
9. Orientation Lock - Coming in GDR 3
10. Notification Centre and Quick Settings.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Lumia 520 is around 6800₹, i.e <115$......at least check before commenting...
I don't know what the hell currency is '₹' but I can assure you prices vary from country to country. And it doesn't matter how old Galaxy Y or Ace are, you asked for an Android phone cheaper than L520, and you got it.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
There's a big world outside the United States, check out a globe. Nokia has ZERO traction in the United States so it doesn't really matter if they give it for $100 or free. Here in Asia the Lumia 520 is for around $180. There are a **** load of Android phones selling for less. Heck there are Samsung Galaxy phones such as Galaxy Y or Galaxy Ace which sell for less.

The internet is your friend. You can easily find that device through different retailers, off contract, for $100. And I HIGHLY doubt there are a**loads of android phones, selling for less BRAND NEW and OFF CONTRACT

And for whoever mentioned the new iPhone 5C, log off. Now.

lukeap69

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I have lumia 925, LG G2, and few more. 😄

I like facebook more on WP. It is simple and smooth compared to Android version.

File management on WP is almost non-existent for me. Excel cannot do copy and paste (teach me if you know how to) and the Android equivalent apps have more functions.

For those who transfer files from one android device to another, install Superbeam. This something I can only dream of when using my lumia.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

zicoz

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that the masses of people don't go into a store to buy an Android phone, they go in to buy a phone, and then the seller points them to the Android phones because the IPhone is above their budget.

Mio_WP

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Conspiracy thought.

Carriers do extensive market research and find that WP users less likely want to upgrade their phone after 6-8 months and push the other stuff to get early upgrade fees :-o

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Conspiracy thought.

Carriers do extensive market research and find that WP users less likely want to upgrade their phone after 6-8 months and push the other stuff to get early upgrade fees :-o

Here's another conspiracy thought that we don't like:

Statistics show that the rate of WP users returning them is higher, whether because of dissatisfaction or for warranty.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Here's another conspiracy thought that we don't like:

Statistics show that the rate of WP users returning them is higher, whether because of dissatisfaction or for warranty.

Have a link for these statistics?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
That's usually the case lately it seems.

Unfortunately you are correct. Isn't it a shame how we users assume 1 of 2 things:

1. WP market share is so low because its limited and nobody likes it.
  2. WP market share is so low because Google does everything they can to withhold their services to WP users because they're trying to kill WP.

Both, by the way, are speculation.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't assume either premise and am not worried about other people's speculation. I can only control what I like. And what I don't like. WP falls in the first category, any google/android product falls in the second.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I like the fact Windows Phone seem to respond to the unlock button faster than Android? Anyone else feel the same? I can unlock my WP and go to homescreen faster than my friends newly purchased GS4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo