Windows 8.1 Error Code: 0x80073bc3

TachyonicCargo

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
All my other computers upgraded to Windows 8.1 with zero issues. However, I have a Toshiba laptop which I purchased back in March, which for some reason will not upgrade. I keep getting Error Code: 0x80073bc3 and I have no idea what that means. Tried searching for the error code, to see if I could find some information on it online, but got nothing.

Has anyone else seen this error code (or one like it) when attempting to upgrade to Windows 8.1 (either during the beta, or now with the finished version)? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thank you all in advance!

HarisA1

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
If it's not online call Microsoft or Toshiba on their number they'll definitely help specially if you have warranty (laptops come with 1 year manufacturers warranty standard)

Mr Ts

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
Yes I am also getting this message. It gets halfway through the install then crashed with that error message. Searching the error code I've got forum threads talking about windows backup problems. Have you been able to install yet or are you still having problems? So far your thread is the only one I can find with the same problem as me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans