10-26-2013 05:16 PM
29 12
tools
    Another sell out
    10-26-2013 07:12 AM
    Another sell out
    Which of them sold out ?
    10-26-2013 07:37 AM
    First part, I have a T-Mobile g1. The first Google phone. I can download a custom ruin ( poor spelling correction left in place as it's appropriately funny sometimes, with some ROMs ) and be up and running current stuff in only 30 minutes or so... Maybe. The only limitation for asps in the market are the new hardware that old phone is lacking, like nfc, higher end cameras, etc.That's a pretty long run in the world of mobile.

Second part, so what is preventing another switch, to say rt, and then back to x86, tomorrow ?
    So there is a full JB based stable ROM for the G1? I find the older the hardware gets the less stable the ROMs become. Take a look at the Nexus One to get newer versions of Android on you have to re-partition it for them to fit, and IMO the ROM's aren't that stable.

What's preventing Google from making the switch from ARM to Intel based chips? In fact there are already Android phones running on Intel chips Smartphones with Intel Inside. MS has not dropped X86 and X64 they are just making ARM tablets as well.
    10-26-2013 03:13 PM
    So there is a full JB based stable ROM for the G1? I find the older the hardware gets the less stable the ROMs become. Take a look at the Nexus One to get newer versions of Android on you have to re-partition it for them to fit, and IMO the ROM's aren't that stable.

What's preventing Google from making the switch from ARM to Intel based chips? In fact there are already Android phones running on Intel chips Smartphones with Intel Inside. MS has not dropped X86 and X64 they are just making ARM tablets as well.

sorry, you're right. since i haven't put a sim card in the phone in 8 months or so, i didn't realize cellular data didn't work. and it's definitely not 'stable', but it did gps tracking for me for a weekend, and fileshare, and well, you know, other stuff. if it smashed against a rock i'd be sad my first g1 was smashed, but it's been worth every penny ($100) I spent on it.

jellybean on the first google phone:

i had a nexus one, it was a great phone. repartitioning was definitely required to use a more bloated rom. the scroll/led/clicker was fantastic. too bad more phones don't have one. :(
    10-26-2013 05:16 PM
29 12