Would you like a smartphone from Microsoft called the "Lumia 1"?

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
When Microsoft will have acquired Nokia's handsets division they will have to use their own brand to sell the phone, but the Lumia brand will be part of the deal.

So here's where I'm going with this.
Would like Microsoft's first Windows Phone to be called the Lumia 1 when its released later next year?

jedpatrickdatu

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I like "Lumia" but I don't like the single-digit system. It won't work well if Microsoft wants to release phones at different price ranges. If Lumia 1 is a high-end phone, what will be the name of a mid-range one? Lumia 2 would confuse customers. It will only work if Microsoft becomes like Apple in that they release only one or two high-end phones each year, and I hope this isn't the case, as I have a small budget.

I prefer that Microsoft does a four-digit naming scheme like Nokia did in the old days. The Lumia 9xxx series would be for high end phones, Lumia 1xxx for low end ones, and so on. It also allows for a lot more model names since they have four digits to mix and match with. I also prefer it over names like Desire and Grand, and the use of S's and X's at the end of names. I find them cheesy and confusing, compared to the simple and elegant number scheme.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire