Purchase added to the phone bill?

JoelBennett

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I could be quite wrong on this, but I thought that's how IAP (In App Payments) get billed - through the cell phone carrier. Can anyone else confirm/deny this?

cyberden

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
It's actually working in france with Orange. When I want to buy an app from the store I can have my phone bill as a payment method. It works well, I already used it.

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I could be quite wrong on this, but I thought that's how IAP (In App Payments) get billed - through the cell phone carrier. Can anyone else confirm/deny this?

In-App purchases (not in-app payments) have nothing to do with the method of payment. If you buy stuff for use within an app, that's an IAP and can be billed however you choose, via your CC/DC or via carrier billing (which is what this is called).

JoelBennett

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I guess I stand corrected!

So suppose a person writes an app that uses the Microsoft framework for handling in-app purchases. Is that then billed through the carrier, or does it provide an option for different payment methods when making the purchase?

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I guess I stand corrected!

So suppose a person writes an app that uses the Microsoft framework for handling in-app purchases. Is that then billed through the carrier, or does it provide an option for different payment methods when making the purchase?

It depends - if carrier billing is available, then you would get the option to pay that way, or via CC/DC through Microsoft. Similarly on Android & iOS, you could pay via Google Wallet/App Store billing, or via carrier if the choice is there. If no carrier billing, then the answer is via WP Market, Google wallet or App store.

The availability of carrier billing depends on both the handset AND the carrier. So you cannot assume that all WPs in a certain country will have it available, for example. Even for all WP on a given carrier, you may have to choose a certain plan or activate the option.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven