Save Nokia - Nokita Pitch aims to outbid Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
A movement called Nokita intends to tackle Microsoft and place a competing bid for Nokia’s handset division, claiming the division would be WORTH more than 4 times the 5.4 billion Euro (what Microsoft is paying for it) in three years time should they take a more pragmatic approach. The video below is a pitch from Nokita which is trying to save Nokia D&S unit from being consumed by Microsoft. Nokita as we have learned is the Finnish word used in poker to raise a bet.

They intend to take 25% of the smartphone market by selling both Android, Linux and Windows Phones, and by creating phones which are fun, educational and safe. They want to turn Nokia around with a Nokia dream team. They're planning to raise 8 billion euros for the bid: 5.5 – 6 billion EUR + 2 billion EUR for transition costs. They are looking for accredited investors who can chip in from 5 million to 5 billion

Nokita Pitch - YouTube

Source: NOKITA Pitch via My Nokia Blog

Last edited:

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Save Nokia Pitch from Nokita ? Aims to offer four times Microsoft?s bid.

4 times Microsoft bid..

So, 28.48 billion?!?!

For that price, let them have it, it would be cheaper to Microsoft to build it's own phone division

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

They're looking for investors to pay nearly 30 billion dollars for a company that doesn't even make that much in revenue???

Naw, they're looking for suckers to give them a bunch of money so that when this falls through they can walk away with pockets full of money.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

4For that price, let them have it, it would be cheaper to Microsoft to build it's own phone division

Will Microsoft be able to produce Nokia like hardware from that "cheaper" phone division?

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

Ahh, thats nothing but that drunk ex-executive and his bar buddies. They probably didn't mention they'll be paying in beer-nuts.

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

They're looking for investors to pay nearly 30 billion dollars for a company that doesn't even make that much in revenue???

Naw, they're looking for suckers to give them a bunch of money so that when this falls through they can walk away with pockets full of money.
you don't understand Nokia is easily worth this much and mostly just because of its patents

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

Will Microsoft be able to produce Nokia like hardware from that "cheaper" phone division?

yes, easily. 28.5 billion goes a long way.

Remember that's $28,500,000,000.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

Why can't Samsung do it then?

you've clearly never met the Galaxy S4 or Note 3. They definitely do, and that's just phones, they have tons of other businesses that they invest into.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

Nokia has been licensing their patents and HERE Maps technology for several years now. Still hasn't netted them anywhere near 30 billion dollars. If Nokia was the dominant player then they could demand more money. No company in their right mind is going to pay 30 billion when Google has such a wide lead in both services and devices sold.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

you've clearly never met the Galaxy S4 or Note 3.

I've and I don't like their design. I don't know why you're overlooking my point. Nokia's hardware is stunning. That's why many android lovers dream of Nokia Nexus.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

No company in their right mind is going to pay 30 billion when Google has such a wide lead in both services and devices sold.

I agree that offering 4 times more than Microsoft is too much but atleast they're trying to make an effort and showing that Finns do care about Nokia. Although I doubt it'll work out. Lets see how this goes.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

I've and I don't like their design. I don't know why you're overlooking my point. Nokia's hardware is stunning. That's why many android lovers dream of Nokia Nexus.

If I had a Note 3 that ran WP8, I'd throw my 920 off a bridge (ok, I'd probably sell it). I'm not sure what you want in a phone, but the Note is way lighter and faster than my 920. I'm not avoiding your point. Your question was "why can't Samsung make nice phones" and I said they do.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

If I had a Note 3 that ran WP8, I'd throw my 920 off a bridge (ok, I'd probably sell it). I'm not sure what you want in a phone, but the Note is way lighter and faster than my 920. I'm not avoiding your point. Your question was "why can't Samsung make nice phones" and I said they do.

To be honest all Samsung phones look same to me just like iPhone iterations. I've got my hands on most of their phone models and their hardware feels cheap to me. Samsung is all about "just specs" to me. But everybody has their own preferences and my opinion is Samsung is nowhere near to Nokia in terms of hardware. I blame Microsoft for lagging behind and slowing Nokia down. They just couldn't move as fast as Nokia. I applaud Nokia for what they've managed to pull off with WP despite Microsoft annoyances. Anyways, I hope Lumia 1520 changes your mind about that.

PS: I gotta sleep now. Its 3 am here.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

To be honest all Samsung phones look same to me just like iPhone iterations. I've got my hands on most of their phone models and their hardware feels cheap to me. Samsung is all about "just specs" to me. But everybody has their own preferences and my opinion is Samsung is nowhere near to Nokia in terms of hardware. I blame Microsoft for lagging behind and slowing Nokia down. They just couldn't move as fast as Nokia. I applaud Nokia for what they've managed to pull off with WP despite Microsoft annoyances. Anyways, I hope Lumia 1520 changes your mind about that.

PS: I gotta sleep now. Its 3 am here.

your eyes see what they want to see I guess. My friends have a note 3 and s4 and the faux leather on the note definitely looks different from the multiple plastic colors that the s4 comes in, which still looks different from the mega.

If by specs you mean the size, weight, and comfort of the phone, then yes, specs are important to me. Both Microsoft and Nokia were late to the game and both are working quickly.

hulkkii

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

They are not aiming to offer four times Microsoft's bid..
They are saying that its going to be worth that much in 3 years.
Bid they are aiming to raise is 5.5 - 6 BEUR. (a bit over the microsoft's 5.44BEUR)

Link to Nokita plans (check PDF)

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

your eyes see what they want to see I guess.
To me its a fact and many would agree with me. I didn't know you own a Note 3 until you told me so definitely your opinion will differ with mine.

Both Microsoft and Nokia were late to the game and both are working quickly.
Nokia did some very stupid things in the past and their board members were ignorant enough to ignore the iPhone. You should read an article what was actually going on in Nokia during that phase. Symbian team didn't let Meego grow. They were jealous of it. They couldn't help themselves and they also didn't let Meego to evolve as well. It was all politics.

On the other hand, Microsoft's WP is 3 years old now and they're moving like a snail. I hope this changes. Their recent plans are looking good to me.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

They are not aiming to offer four times Microsoft's bid..
They are saying that its going to be worth that much in 3 years.
Bid they are aiming to raise is 5.5 - 6 BEUR. (a bit over the microsoft's 5.44BEUR)

Link to Nokita plans (check PDF)

Thanks. I'm gonna change the misleading title now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo