Save Nokia - Nokita Pitch aims to outbid Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

sejgiul

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Business he has done in over 40 countries

Yoda he is. lol

Seriously though, what a muppet. "The dream company", sounds a bit childish coming from a supposed business person that has lived in 10 countries across 5 continents.

That PDF is a Powerpoint presentation. If I presented anything that looked like that to my executive board, they would put a bullet in my head. This is clearly a joke... Or a scam...

I'm not even bothering picking the presentation to pieces, after reading the first 10 pages it is clear that they haven't got a clue...

boovish

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
A movement called Nokita intends to tackle Microsoft and place a competing bid for Nokia’s handset division, claiming the division would be WORTH more than 4 times the 5.4 billion Euro (what Microsoft is paying for it) in three years time should they take a more pragmatic approach. The video below is a pitch from Nokita which is trying to save Nokia D&S unit from being consumed by Microsoft. Nokita as we have learned is the Finnish word used in poker to raise a bet.

They intend to take 25% of the smartphone market by selling both Android, Linux and Windows Phones, and by creating phones which are fun, educational and safe. They want to turn Nokia around with a Nokia dream team. They're planning to raise 8 billion euros for the bid: 5.5 – 6 billion EUR + 2 billion EUR for transition costs. They are looking for accredited investors who can chip in from 5 million to 5 billion

Nokita Pitch - YouTube

Source: NOKITA Pitch via My Nokia Blog
Nice going. I didn't know you wanted to make garbage

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Jeez - These guys went to the Balsillie/Lazaridis (RIM/BB) School of Business.

From The Presentation:
We welcome contacts from investors anywhere from 5 MEUR to 8 BEUR that target to triple their investment in 3 years or less.
Again, No mention of what their (Parda's group) equity will be.

The conservative target by valuation analysis is to reach 10% Android market share in 3 years.
So, they expect to ramp an Android handset business, secure carrier placement, and supplant LG, HTC, or Moto....
But:

Actual target is to reach 15% market share in Android and Linux products in 1 year, and 25% market share in 3 years.
They really are selling supplanting every Android maker not named Samsung in that time frame.

Rainbows and Unicorns!

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Save Nokia Pitch from Nokita ? Aims to offer four times Microsoft?s bid.

you don't understand Nokia is easily worth this much and mostly just because of its patents

but Nokia's patents aren't for sale, Nokia is keeping all of them and once they have sold the handset division they intend to sue everyone who uses their patents because those companies won't be able to sue them back because they won't sell phones anymore

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
That sounds awful, Nokia running android? Tried it on my N9 and never again. Nokia is known for quality, not malware and horrid software.

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I think his first premise is incorrect when he says Microsoft will centralize everything to the US. I am given to believe MS will let Nokia run fairly autonomously.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I think his first premise is incorrect when he says Microsoft will centralize everything to the US. I am given to believe MS will let Nokia run fairly autonomously.
MS as with many corporations, are looking globally.....global market. They are not going to centralize. There are several benefits for US companies to keep branches of their business outside the US.

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
So a guy who does not reveal his first name, does not show up on any searches online (neither in combination with Nokia, nor anything else he claims to have done) is asking for anything from 5 million to 5 billion with a presentation that would cost me my job would I present it to justify a 500k budget? Sounds like a good investment. LOL seriously... if this is anything but a bad joke, I am seriously surprised..... the data this guy presented are based on hope and wish and not on any sound analysis..... I wouldn't give this guy a penny and I seriously doubt that any serious investor would either....

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
So a guy who does not reveal his first name, does not show up on any searches online (neither in combination with Nokia, nor anything else he claims to have done) is asking for anything from 5 million to 5 billion with a presentation that would cost me my job would I present it to justify a 500k budget? Sounds like a good investment. LOL seriously... if this is anything but a bad joke, I am seriously surprised..... the data this guy presented are based on hope and wish and not on any sound analysis..... I wouldn't give this guy a penny and I seriously doubt that any serious investor would either....

Hey be generous, maybe half a penny for his troubles :p. if he was that passionate about Nokia why didn't he step in and rally when Nokia was down and out??
Also I agree with Leo as if any sane person was to present this to a board... they would be thrown out of the window and would end up as a waffle covered in red sauce on the pavement. :p.

You can't sell to investors with just hopes and dreams.. if that was the case I wouldn't be here at work slaving away 50 hours a week, but on my multi million yacht harbored in my own very private island along with my very one outlaw star 1;1 working replica grappler ship :winktongue:... well one can hope and dream right? :p

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I am going to sound harsh here but it is Nokias own fault at the end of the day that it has got in the situation it is in today. If they would have kept up with the times and released phones to compete properly with iPhone and android nearly 7 years ago people would have bought them. That is a fact. It's how business works. If you ask me, Microsoft buying Nokia will be a very good move. Windows phone is growing and Nokia has a solid following in emerging markets. Microsoft is not the big bad evil company and they certainly wouldn't ruin Nokia. Its Windows phone which has bought Nokia up to where it is today, producing phones with 41 megapixles is stunning hardware. Its being blown out of proportion.

Besides which this doesn't make sense as people have already pointed out.

MrCartas

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Save Nokia Pitch from Nokita ? Aims to offer four times Microsoft?s bid.

To be honest all Samsung phones look same to me just like iPhone iterations. I've got my hands on most of their phone models and their hardware feels cheap to me.

I'm sorry to say that I had a Samsung Focus before my Nokia Lumia 820 and I would chose the Focus any day over the 820 if it had Windows Phone 8. I've had my Focus for 3 years and it has never failed "not once" and my 820 broke with in a few weeks of having it, so the "feels cheap" comment does not fit. I'm sorry to say. I liked my Nokia (and I'm stuck with it since I dont have a way to replace it) while it worked, but my Samsung has served me well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs