are you disappointed that BBM isn't on wp ? you are not alone.

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
The people unfortunate enough to purchase a black berry play book are in the same vote...as funny as it sounds you can get BBM for a galaxy tab and an iPad but you cant get it for a black berry play book....EPIC FAIL!!!! (cant stop laughing)

My final words...you are not alone.

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I thought it already had BBM

but if it doesn't then yeah it's irony at it's best isn't it.

To be honest, I'm not disappointed.

anon(5579515)

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Honestly at first the omission of BBM from the new app launch didn't bother me. I've got unlimited texts, WhatsApp, and apparently it's in development for WP8 anyway, so I'm fine, right?

Wrong. As soon as it came out I found most of my contacts WhatsApp statuses as 'No longer using this' or something similar. Contacting them by text resulted in an abrupt invitation to BBM also. It seems to be a new 'trend' and as much as I dislike it, the frustration is growing. For me this is because of my peers though, who are between 16 and 21.

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Honestly at first the omission of BBM from the new app launch didn't bother me. I've got unlimited texts, WhatsApp, and apparently it's in development for WP8 anyway, so I'm fine, right?

Wrong. As soon as it came out I found most of my contacts WhatsApp statuses as 'No longer using this' or something similar. Contacting them by text resulted in an abrupt invitation to BBM also. It seems to be a new 'trend' and as much as I dislike it, the frustration is growing. For me this is because of my peers though, who are between 16 and 21.

What country are you in?

BitPusher2600

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Some of us (like say, me) are very recent converts to Windows Phone from BlackBerry and perhaps wouldn't mind having a small piece of "home" on board.

Of course people still use BBM, far more tried and tested (and secure) than wide open stuff like Kik or whatsapp. Also, I don't know how its working on other platforms but old school Berry users know that BBM is also a h*ll of a text messaging hub too (you can add regular numbers to it as well for messaging.) No, those numbers won't enjoy the encrypted messaging you have between two BBM users, but for regular SMS it used to be handy for categorizing and backing up SMS conversations as well. But again, on a Berry this is an integrated part of the OS, whereas everyone else, its just another app.

Oh, and BBM for WP is supposed to be in the works:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BlackberryScoop/status/392431160703205377?screen_name=BlackberryScoop

For those of you unfamiliar, BerryLeaks is a mighty reliable source for the obvious; information leaks with regards to BlackBerry, and they're relatively respected because they're not often wrong or far from the mark.

anon(7808135)

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Whatsapp isn't as fast as BBM and its not as secure as BBM. I think BBM has a chance for a great comeback honestly. BBM messages go right through the server. Whatsapp messages go to the server, then they have to be passed through the server. Read about it some more, I think you will like it. My friends came from Whatsapp and they love BBM so much more.

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think what makes BBM so "amazing" to BBM users is the fact that you have a BBM pin (you can add any international contacts without having to look up dialing codes which are so hard to get correct)

Secondly BBM allows much bigger groups than what's app, BBM allows either 50 or unlimited number of people per group, what's app I think has a limit of 10 if I'm not mistaken.

It also has video calling and is free, what's app is about a dollar a year.

...then they mention security...is anyone crazy enough to forward very confidential banking details through a phone ?...I know I do internet banking on my phone but that is through the banks official website and I cant send an SMS or BBM message to make a transfer.

People go on about security like they are top secret agents...yes, when you say halo and make meetings/conventions with friends you need top notch security as no one must know that you are talking about shopping, food, clothes, Justin Bieber, what you did today etc...no hacker cares.

Though I will admit that what's app can do with many more features such as VoIP on video phone calls but I just use it to talk to my family...I dont need anything fancy.

Chief_Adu

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
...then they mention security...is anyone crazy enough to forward very confidential banking details through a phone ?...I know I do internet banking on my phone but that is through the banks official website and I cant send an SMS or BBM message to make a transfer.

People go on about security like they are top secret agents...yes, when you say halo and make meetings/conventions with friends you need top notch security as no one must know that you are talking about shopping, food, clothes, Justin Bieber, what you did today etc...no hacker cares.

Though I will admit that what's app can do with many more features such as VoIP on video phone calls but I just use it to talk to my family...I dont need anything fancy.

^This states a lot, haha!

However, I guess people like BBM because it's a new app that works. Also, all these people who had a BBM a couple of years ago love it. They are convincing their friends to use BBM so they don't have to use Whatsapp, Kik, ChatOn or whatever IM app they use.

I guess this is just the honey mood stage of the app. Whatsapp is still a huge application in the business branch though. We will see how it will continue.

dothebruce

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I myself used Blackberry Messenger for many years, and it was the only pull factor of a Blackberry. But now I use a W8 phone, why would I want something of what I left?!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa