Microsoft to focus on selling fruit and veg. Xbox One future bleak as it won't play SNES games.

Simon Gregory

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Is it me, or is this the kind of stupid sensationalist reporting we've been seeing on the rise recently from all over the place (including WPC) in the absence of actual hard facts!? I think everybody just needs to take a deep breath and stop trying to make these baseless predictions just to fill 'news' stories.

There's not long to wait to find out what's ACTUALLY going to happen!

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Well it's undeniable MS is the whipping boy of the tech world, and that 9/10 a tech journalist/blogger can make any type of claims or criticisms or flame bait/click bait worthy articles about MS and it's products without facts to back it and not face any professional repercussions or blow back. However, i'd say that tech journalism in general is at it's lowest point, compared to say 10 years ago. The move to an ad-based revenue system funded by clicks has pretty much lowered the bar to the point that most articles you read about any tech company is usually filled with whatever populist opinion or sensationalist headlines appealing to the lowest common denominator that will easily draw in thousands of clicks. Very few tech sites even focus on the underlying technology that actually powers most products, while only paying attention to marketing buzzwords (ex. "this phone is inferior since it does not have a retina display"), and customer facing gimmicks. Sites like Engadget that 8 years ago I used to love to read due to them always going in-depth about processor technology, deep OS level improvements and roadmaps, and the potential of products being released- have now turned into glorified gossip rags much like the ones in the supermarket checkout line. The result is a level of corporate fanboyism and worship, and general ignorance of the actual capabilities or use cases of most products out on the market worse than ever previously seen (ex. when GDR3 hit, most people on this site were "discovering" features that have been in WP8 since it's release).

TLDR: all of the tech companies suck, every OS sucks, all tech journalist are biased to their personal preferences and suck, but we as users suck the most.

Simon Gregory

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
News Just In! Santa Clause to sign an exclusive deal with Sony's PS4.

'Insiders' say that since his laser surgery, The Father of Christmas himself cant bare the thought that the possibility of COD not being in 1080p, so he has decided to sign exclusivity for the PS4. He's also stated his not a believer in ESRAM. More to follow....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven