I for one was an avid Blackberry user ever since I got a Bold 9780, and of course I soon discovered BBM and got into a few social networks that I thought I would never have gotten into if I never knew BBM existed. The immediacy of the messaging was just really a plus point for me, while I kept finding ways to meet more overseas acquaintances.

On the other hand, I have always liked the Metro interface (despite many sentiments against it), and I wanted to try the Windows phone platform for the longest time. However, when Blackberry decided to not port BBM over to Windows Phone (for now), it was an action that cut off that part of the phone market to me. Now I have to find a secondary device to run BBM if I were to employ Windows Phone as my daily phone device.

It is a pity.
    12-03-2013 07:14 AM
    I for one was an avid Blackberry user ever since I got a Bold 9780, and of course I soon discovered BBM and got into a few social networks that I thought I would never have gotten into if I never knew BBM existed. The immediacy of the messaging was just really a plus point for me, while I kept finding ways to meet more overseas acquaintances.

On the other hand, I have always liked the Metro interface (despite many sentiments against it), and I wanted to try the Windows phone platform for the longest time. However, when Blackberry decided to not port BBM over to Windows Phone (for now), it was an action that cut off that part of the phone market to me. Now I have to find a secondary device to run BBM if I were to employ Windows Phone as my daily phone device.
    W
    It is a pity.
    yes I'm pretty upset about that.
    12-03-2013 07:27 AM
    Im,so upset that i went to McDonalds and ordered an unhappy meal.
    Speedygi, HeyCori, WinFan1 and 2 others like this.
    12-03-2013 07:45 AM
    not a fan of blackberry messenger, but I'd love to see it to be ported to WP
    12-03-2013 07:47 AM
    Im,so upset that i went to McDonalds and ordered an unhappy meal.
    comment of the day. +1 internets
    Me too.
    I seriously couldn't care less about bbm. There's Facebook chat, kik, snapchat, xbox live messenger, windows live messenger, and about a billion others. I couldn't care less, why do i need it? What does it do that my current txting, emailing and chat functions don't do?
    link68759 likes this.
    12-03-2013 07:49 AM
    There was a lot of buzz for BBM when it came out for iOS and Android but I personally have not seen too many people actually switching to it as their daily messaging app.
    12-03-2013 11:09 AM
    BBM will be coming to WP8 in the new year. Last I heard the delay is due to the fact that BlackBerry can't get away with their BB10UI look on WP (rightfully so).

To be honest I'm surprised both Apple and Google allowed it on their platforms with that UI
    Speedygi and 12Danny123 like this.
    12-03-2013 01:52 PM
    Even if it did come to Windows Phone I could hashtag care less.
    12-03-2013 04:30 PM
    I've never used BBM, nor has anybody I know. But, I've never even held a Blackberry before.

I can see how for a small number of people, and the platform, this would be good to have, though.
    12-03-2013 04:37 PM
    There is nothing good about bbm now. It too late for them to stand again

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk
    12-05-2013 10:28 PM
    Ah, Blackberry just confirmed that a BBM port isn't in the cards for Windows Phone...Busted...

So much for holding out some hope for that...
    01-19-2014 04:42 AM
    Yup I want it :(
    Speedygi likes this.
    01-19-2014 05:10 AM
    I just had when they quote this "The market share isn't big enough" crap as their reason... they just don't want an OS that beat them to 3rd to have something. If 50 people used it maybe I'd agree but when we're talking millions of people it's a bit different!
    01-19-2014 05:50 AM
    What is a black...ba..rryy??!

Sent from my Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
    01-20-2014 03:02 PM
    I had a blackberry several years ago, and really liked it. I just feel like there are so many cross-platform messaging programs now, that BBM is marginalized.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    01-20-2014 06:17 PM
    All 3 people who wanted to use it are crying right now
    01-20-2014 06:37 PM
    Right now I either text or use Hey Tell. If BBM existed, I might use it. No biggie.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    01-20-2014 06:40 PM
    i really want to see it on WP. im not a WP user but i was hard into the blackberry world and everyone that i knew that left blackberry ended up either going to WP or android. for some reason very few went to apple. i remember the BBMFORALL campaign they had and if you cant get bbm on one of the major operating systems then its BBMFORMOST. im sure with the xbox one getting traction and more integration with that they will see an increase in user base which will make blackberry think twice and launch an app. who knows maybe they're working on a polished version to launch for the phone and computer at the same time.
    01-21-2014 01:52 PM

It is a pity.
    I'm with you. The WP interface is a big draw for me, but I still know a lot of people that use BBM (BB, iOS, and Android users) and I was looking forward to using it on a WP8 device. Will have to wait longer I guess and keep carrying two devices! :(
    Speedygi likes this.
    01-22-2014 08:27 PM