Do you guys have cases on your Lumia or go naked ?

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I always use a high speed case and invisible shields on my phones. When my contract is up I sell my phone and get a good price for it. Sometime I even break even. My last phone was an HTC Mytouch 4g Tmobile but unlocked for all carriers as well as rooted and had the Samsung superior screen which I bought for 100 + contract and sold for 85 after 2 years. My current phone is Verizon's HTC 8x and its in perfect condition like new.

PoorInRichfield

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Guys and gals... please learn from my mistake and spend the $10 to get a case on your Lumia and potentially save yourself hundreds in repair costs. My phone slipped out of my hands from less than 2 feet off the ground while trying to take a picture and guess what? After bouncing a little, the phone landed face down and Gorilla glass go bye-bye :crying: The glass was cracked so bad that it was dangerous to use. There are all sorts of threads online regarding repairing the glass yourself, but it turns out there are a lot of knock-off glass makers and it's hard to find OEM glass with an OEM digitizer... not to mention you better be comfortable with taking your phone apart. Companies like RadioShack have a glass repair service for our phones, but I'm pretty sure they charge well over $100. I opted to buy a whole new phone on eBay, which wasn't cheap.

Another issue with our phones is that if they do drop, they like to fall on the corners. When my phone dropped, the corner where the SIM slot is must've hit first and made it very difficult to even get the SIM holder out... not to mention it looked bad that the phone had one corner rounded-off.

I personally hate having the cover on my new phone now because it's a bit bulkier and doesn't slip into my pocket as nicely any more, but I'm not willing to take the risk of accidentally destroying the screen again.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Guys and gals... please learn from my mistake and spend the $10 to get a case on your Lumia and potentially save yourself hundreds in repair costs. My phone slipped out of my hands from less than 2 feet off the ground while trying to take a picture and guess what? After bouncing a little, the phone landed face down and Gorilla glass go bye-bye :crying: The glass was cracked so bad that it was dangerous to use. There are all sorts of threads online regarding repairing the glass yourself, but it turns out there are a lot of knock-off glass makers and it's hard to find OEM glass with an OEM digitizer... not to mention you better be comfortable with taking your phone apart. Companies like RadioShack have a glass repair service for our phones, but I'm pretty sure they charge well over $100. I opted to buy a whole new phone on eBay, which wasn't cheap.

Another issue with our phones is that if they do drop, they like to fall on the corners. When my phone dropped, the corner where the SIM slot is must've hit first and made it very difficult to even get the SIM holder out... not to mention it looked bad that the phone had one corner rounded-off.

I personally hate having the cover on my new phone now because it's a bit bulkier and doesn't slip into my pocket as nicely any more, but I'm not willing to take the risk of accidentally destroying the screen again.

That's what I am talking about.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I haven't broken a phone in several years of use. I would get a case for my wife who drops phones all the time. But for me, who has dropped a phone maybe once or twice, i'd never do it. the 8x and Lumia's are way too well designed to cover up.

Speedygi

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

I must say, that's one heck of a case to buy a case for your phone...

metaden

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't use a cover. I own a Lumia 925, I fear that it would desecrate the piece of beauty that is my phone. Also, Nokia hasn't released any official cover to Lumia 925, just an observation.

Sent from my RM-892_im_india_216 using Tapatalk

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I usually dont cover my phones but I've been buying off contract and reselling them, so I have started using a case to keep it as perfect as possible. I chose the Poetic Atmosphere case for my 928 because it is transparent and really highlights the beautiful design of the phone!

rory753

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
the nokia case(1043, I think). best case, considering I've dropped it a couple of times and that saved it. also, it helps it stand up when I lean it against something when I read kindle

skstrials

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I currently have an otterbox case on my Nokia N8 and will be getting another otterbox case when I get my 1020.

I do not see the need to show off my phone to other people, and the thickness of the case actually improves the grip by a lot. I also like the "purposeful" look of the otterbox cases as well.

For the peace of mind I get with a case, I would say it is worth it. I never had to deal with a single broken screen.

Ted Ritsick

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Got a nice ballistic case with my lumia 920. It's not bulky like an otterbox which is a huge selling point for me. I had an otterbox for a few months and it barely fit in my pocket.

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Otterbox for my Lumia 900. The Otterboxes deteriorate after about a year and the silicon wrapping is pretty loose but the phone is pristine. Not a single nick or scuff. It looks perfect for a quick resale when my contract is up. Not sure what to do about the Lumia 1520s my parents just got. Those phones are big even without a case but I can see them breaking pretty easily with such a nice large piece of glass covering their face.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb