Do you guys have cases on your Lumia or go naked ?

PoorInRichfield

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Per my earlier post about breaking the screen glass, I recommend not getting a cover that looks like the one above for the reason being that it doesn't provide enough of a protective barrier around the glass. I originally bought my wife one of this nifty grippy covers when we first got our 920s, but after breaking the glass on my, I did a little test with hers to see if it'd be protected if it landed on it's "face", and it won't. The clear screen protectors won't work either. If you think about it, putting a sticker over a piece of glass won't keep it the glass from breaking if something strikes it. The clear screen protectors claim they prevent scratches, which seems kind of silly since glass is pretty hard to scratch anyway. Food for thought.

Other benefits of using a case are improved resale value and trouble-free warranty returns. If you're the type that flips your phone (on eBay or whatever), a case will help keep the phones top value. In addition, should any of the internals fail, you'll have no problems returning the phone to your provider because it will look brand new. I had to return my wife's 920 shortly after we got it because it kept shutting down for no reason. AT&T was super anal about the condition of the phone when we returned it. If they see any dings on the outside, they have a reason to deny a repair because they'll claim your dropping the phone caused the damage.

Quite frankly, I really hate having a cover on my 920, but I see no other choice. About the only way I'd allow my phone to "go naked" now is to have it tied to a lanyard or something like that around my neck so it can't drop... but that would get annoying real quickly.

In a dreamy world, manufacturers will someday be able to make phones rugged enough that they can be dropped and likely survive. Unfortunately, that day isn't today and the Lumia series of phones aren't that tough (and weigh a lot, which doesn't help.)

You've been warned. :winktongue:

anon(7935575)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I got a case just 2 days ago. I had my 520 naked but I think I bumped it hard somewhere and the side just got a little bent. Case covers it up and also gives a proper traction.

CrossedFaith

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm torn really between this. I want a case for a little more protection...however I've seen people still break their screens even with a case. I might get a cheap case with a kickstand, though, since I use my phone for music a lot...Just need to find one for my little 521 that I like.

Bizarro_Prime

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
My 920 doesn't have a case.
The only phone I ever put in a case was my N8 because the bottom was falling off a little after my daughter threw it.

Xellsama

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
depends on your luck. My L920 has be knocked out of my hand while I'm on the call and hit the concrete floor with nearly no damage (slightly dented 1 corner), I'm over 6 feet tall. It has fallen multiple times at different height with no damage.

My gf's L920 went through the same until one day it fell off the side of the bed (2 feet max) and hit the floor, bounced, and screen cracked. Replaced with a new phone and dropped again and nothing.

I would say in general it's sturdier than iphones and samsung galaxy phones, but remember nothing is unbreakable.My gf and I however choose to leave the phone naked because we feel it defeats the purpose of phone's aesthetic design to put a case on it.

Zomby Jeezus

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I broke the 928 three times and the third time I had a case on it. I have the 1020 now and use the poetic case or nude. No issues yet

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
L820 owner here and I could never put a case on my phone. It's too beautiful

yeah.. I make her naked when going for a party or function, to completely reveal the beauty... otherwise in a case, as i don't wanna spoil her beauty by the careless me. :)

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My mom has been particularly rough on her last phone, so I am buying her a new phone and I am making sure I include a case for her. I bought her an Incipio DualPro case for her new 920...it is actually a really nice case, if anyone is in the market for one.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I've ordered the imak ice cream case for my 920 off of Ebay but it's going to take a month to get here (maybe longer since the holidays are coming up) :eck:

nemecek_f

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 820 is naked. I don't like covers or bumpers. Minor scratches aren't visible and I think I am nice to my phone. Had the back cover wasn't replaceable I would probably consider some form of protection.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
My 920 is naked and has the battle scars to show for it since I dropped it :p Still prefer the way it feels in the hand over having a protective case for it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99