01-08-2014 05:54 PM
106 12345
tools
    I bought my 520 at the end of August. It was after Google pushed out a faulty Google Play update that made a few phones go crazy. It made my phone lag to the point that I couldn't even unlock it to make a phone call. I don't care too much for speed/smoothness, but that got on my nerves and it was scary. If I had to dial 911 or something, my phone was basically useless for that. I was just about to start another semester at college, and didn't need to find myself without a phone.

This was my second Android device on a two-year contract. My original Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket started falling apart after 6 months of use and the camera lenses was punctured.

I wasn't going to go Android again, and I didn't want to get a feature phone since I'm stuck with having a data plan. So, the 520 was really the only good choice left as I leave the $200+ purchases for Apple products only.

The Windows Phone app works well on my Mac, and lets me sync whatever I need in and out of it. UC Browser is much, much nicer than Google Chrome and works way faster too. The OS is nice too, I like the BIG fonts and the fact that the typeface is much thicker than on iOS and Android. I also like the notification counts on the lock screen.
    Guytronic, Speedygi and mpt15 like this.
    12-11-2013 05:13 PM
    I just love how fast and responsive it is. The live tiles are really sick too.
    12-11-2013 09:59 PM
    I like it because Windows Phone is serious and it is playful when it wants to be. But not playful like Mario Bros playful. Playful while staying classy... like me.
    psudotechzealot likes this.
    12-11-2013 10:15 PM
    I just wanna be different:-)
    Yugiro likes this.
    12-11-2013 10:28 PM
    -Simplicity
    -Clutter Free
    -Lagless (Even after months of rugged use)
    -Easy to use, with minimal design (I simply love minimal designs, they are amazing)
    -Long term support from OS maker
    Many other reasons which I am yet to find out.
    psudotechzealot and Guytronic like this.
    12-12-2013 03:37 AM
    I bought my 520 at the end of August. It was after Google pushed out a faulty Google Play update that made a few phones go crazy. It made my phone lag to the point that I couldn't even unlock it to make a phone call. I don't care too much for speed/smoothness, but that got on my nerves and it was scary. If I had to dial 911 or something, my phone was basically useless for that. I was just about to start another semester at college, and didn't need to find myself without a phone.

This was my second Android device on a two-year contract. My original Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket started falling apart after 6 months of use and the camera lenses was punctured.

I wasn't going to go Android again, and I didn't want to get a feature phone since I'm stuck with having a data plan. So, the 520 was really the only good choice left as I leave the $200+ purchases for Apple products only.

The Windows Phone app works well on my Mac, and lets me sync whatever I need in and out of it. UC Browser is much, much nicer than Google Chrome and works way faster too. The OS is nice too, I like the BIG fonts and the fact that the typeface is much thicker than on iOS and Android. I also like the notification counts on the lock screen.
    I could barely maintain speed on any droid for more than 2-3 weeks, it got a flat tire which I had to drag endlessly unless I formatted the device which makes the whole thing pointless, I mean who buys a dual core phone (back then its best), loads some simple apps and formats it because it lags!?

Windows wins the game when its about speed, it easily breaks the record of Usain Bolt out of the water!
    12-12-2013 03:39 AM
    I could barely maintain speed on any droid for more than 2-3 weeks, it got a flat tire which I had to drag endlessly unless I formatted the device which makes the whole thing pointless, I mean who buys a dual core phone (back then its best), loads some simple apps and formats it because it lags!?

Windows wins the game when its about speed, it easily breaks the record of Usain Bolt out of the water!
    How ironic that Usain Bolt uses Blackberry these days...ha
    12-12-2013 04:24 AM
    How ironic that Usain Bolt uses Blackberry these days...ha
    No wonder the company zoomed south in a speed nobody could understand, LOL.
    Speedygi likes this.
    12-12-2013 07:10 AM
    I was a WM user and enthusiast back in the day. I was on Verizon, and WP was originally released exclusively on AT&T in the US. I couldn't wait until it came to Verizon. However, I had recently moved to a different state, to a more populated area with much better carrier choices. I began to look around. I discovered that I could go prepaid and get my wife a smartphone as well (she had a feature phone on Verizon), and cut our bill in half. The only option at that time for affordable prepaid devices were Android. I reluctantly got us each an LG Optimus V on Virgin Mobile. After using it for awhile and seeing a colleague with his WP7, I wasn't impressed with WP anymore. But admittedly, it was quite bare at release.

About a year ago, I decided to try a WP. I still had an interest in it even though I was fully invested in the Google ecosystem by then. I started out with an unlocked Lumia 710. It was a great device! However, I could never get over the missing features & apps I had become used to. The way I used a smartphone, even my trusty little Optimus V, could not be done on a WP. Since the 710 I had a 920, a 521 (I used to be on T-Mobile; I'm now on my 3rd prepaid carrier), and now I have a 520. I've still not totally jumped in with WP, although I tried a couple times. I currently use the 520 as my 2nd phone, but I'm keeping it to see firsthand what 8.1 brings to the table. I'm still hoping I can make the jump sometime in the future. Although now that I use Nexus devices, WP would have to make a pretty big jump! I pay full price for my phones since I'm on prepaid, and it's hard for anybody to compete with the value of Nexus devices. Apple doesn't even try!

In usa Lumia sells for 50$, moto g sells for 150$
    In Asia Lumia sells for 130$ , g would be about 200$
    The price you quoted for the 520 in Asia is closer to what the unlocked 520 costs in the US. The $50 520 is the US is locked to AT&T. The unlocked version costs around $150 - $160 the last I checked. The Moto G is also unlocked. So in the US the Moto G costs $179, and an equivalent Lumia 520 costs $153.95 (on Amazon). Not too much price difference.
    12-12-2013 09:08 AM
    If only Windows Phone had BBM, it would have been the perfect phone...but, well, I don't think everyone can get what they want when they want it, it's just life.

Sent from my RM-941_apac_sea_203 using Tapatalk
    12-12-2013 11:22 AM
    If only Windows Phone had BBM, it would have been the perfect phone...but, well, I don't think everyone can get what they want when they want it, it's just life.

Sent from my RM-941_apac_sea_203 using Tapatalk
    Really?
    I dont even miss BBM now, I cant imagine paying extra money just to be on BBM while others paid a fraction to use whatsapp.

BB was good, no doubt, but its kingdom has collapsed.
    12-12-2013 11:44 AM
    So now there is no reason to buy a Lumia/wp phone. Give me a reason

Live tile- there are custom roms and skin for android too
    Here maps and nokia services- nokia will provide it for android and ios soon.
    Office- Office is half baked in wp phone no text alignment no option to change front,colours word art.
    Microsoft services- joke in wp. Skype and skydrive are better in both ios and android
    Security- what security? A lost phone is never secure. Only security Ms did was to protect hacking and moding of wp devices

Xbox game- they are dead in market. Gone are days when we got at least one Xbox games every week

What is left? No reason to buy a lumia

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk
    12-12-2013 12:15 PM
    I take back my previously said all comments. If MS stop listening to the needs of market other than usa. Dosent Provide support and customer services like nokia and keeps on giving half baked updates that to 4 month behind schedule.

I am done i will better use my lost and found nokia 1100.

I am luck / wise enuff to buy a cheap Lumia 520, i would have sucided if i had wasted my money on a highe end Lumia by now..

Faceplam to my self

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk
    12-12-2013 12:20 PM
    I like the os cause its simple plus running on nokia makes it work much better but still feel that WP is missing some sort of temptations,i read the review of moto g it actually attracts users(don't take it wrong i like my nl520 & want it to be more popular)
    12-12-2013 02:06 PM
    Really?
    I dont even miss BBM now, I cant imagine paying extra money just to be on BBM while others paid a fraction to use whatsapp.

Like a ship that long sailed and passed onto another continent, but alas for a ship that sailed over a million downloads is still a boatload worth talking about...
    12-13-2013 01:48 AM
    Like a ship that long sailed and passed onto another continent, but alas for a ship that sailed over a million downloads is still a boatload worth talking about...
    A pal of mine did a lot of seduction for wooing me into WP8, I was a droid pal but always disliked the lags that came with the fun.
    That bloke is getting married in Feb lmao.
    Speedygi likes this.
    12-13-2013 02:43 AM
    Really?

BBM is free. What's the extra cost?
    Speedygi likes this.
    12-13-2013 04:29 AM
    BBM is free. What's the extra cost?
    Sigh, BBM is free, but if you want to communicate with people using BBM you have to pay differently to the operator, because Blackberry uses a different connection as opposed to Droids or Win Phones.
    Atleast thats whats the story here.
    Speedygi likes this.
    12-13-2013 04:45 AM
    Sigh, BBM is free, but if you want to communicate with people using BBM you have to pay differently to the operator, because Blackberry uses a different connection as opposed to Droids or Win Phones.
    Only if you actually have a BB phone.
    12-13-2013 04:55 AM
    The new BB10 phones like Z10 and Z30 does not require anything more than a normal data connection. You have a data plan, you can enjoy BBM on the phone of your choice now (BBM being cross-platform now).

But no Windows Phone version....
    12-13-2013 05:10 AM
    I run a business that relies on Exchange
    WP8 just works!
    Skydrive works, one note, Office
    Clean, simple, efficient.

I don't need 10,000 apps (that said every single app I want is now available) - I want rock solid security and a phone that is reliable

Staff have Lumia 520, 620, 720, 820, 920, 925 and I rock a 1020 (I might have a 1020 but seriously the Lumia 520 must be the worlds best value smart phone - great bit of gear for almost nothing)

Different phones for user levels but exactly the same experience

P.S. The Lumia 1020 is just awesome for photo's!
    Guytronic and Yugiro like this.
    12-13-2013 05:34 AM
    Beofre I became a Windows Phone user, I have had a Samsung Android Phone it was still the Gingerbread version. Then I moved to Sony Xperia also a Gingerbread version with a promise to be upgradable to the next version of Android. I really wanted a smooth and fluid OS plus a good camera and I didn't get them in any of the device I have used. When i saw the ad about Windows Phone, I immediately head to the store and got myself a Nokia Lumia 920 last year. I got it on launch day in Dubai. With one year of using my Lumia 920, I can say I have fulfilled all my needs on a smartphone. I have no complaints on apps because all apps I needed were already there and some has alternative if they are missing. I only need an upgrade this time but of course still with another Windows Phone device. Maybe the 1020 or 1520.
    12-13-2013 12:34 PM
    Yeah, that same reason when I got my Nokia Lumia 920. Everyone has Andorid or iOS, so when you have Windows Phone, you turn their heads!
    12-13-2013 12:37 PM
    The new BB10 phones like Z10 and Z30 does not require anything more than a normal data connection. You have a data plan, you can enjoy BBM on the phone of your choice now (BBM being cross-platform now).

But no Windows Phone version....
    With the failure starting from Bold 5, I wouldn't be interested in investing $450 on a dead platform.
    Dead here means, developers are losing interest on the platform, besides a few people I saw had Q5 and Z10 were weeping tears, because the phone is laggy like hell and unstable like a car falling from a cliff.
    12-13-2013 01:12 PM
    Yeah, that same reason when I got my Nokia Lumia 920. Everyone has Andorid or iOS, so when you have Windows Phone, you turn their heads!
    A lot of times they shake their heads a scowl
    Speedygi likes this.
    12-13-2013 01:41 PM
106 12345