Why do you choose Windows Phone?

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
If only Windows Phone had BBM, it would have been the perfect phone...but, well, I don't think everyone can get what they want when they want it, it's just life.

Sent from my RM-941_apac_sea_203 using Tapatalk

Really?
I dont even miss BBM now, I cant imagine paying extra money just to be on BBM while others paid a fraction to use whatsapp.

BB was good, no doubt, but its kingdom has collapsed.

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
So now there is no reason to buy a Lumia/wp phone. Give me a reason

Live tile- there are custom roms and skin for android too
Here maps and nokia services- nokia will provide it for android and ios soon.
Office- Office is half baked in wp phone no text alignment no option to change front,colours word art.
Microsoft services- joke in wp. Skype and skydrive are better in both ios and android
Security- what security? A lost phone is never secure. Only security Ms did was to protect hacking and moding of wp devices

Xbox game- they are dead in market. Gone are days when we got at least one Xbox games every week

What is left? No reason to buy a lumia

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
I take back my previously said all comments. If MS stop listening to the needs of market other than usa. Dosent Provide support and customer services like nokia and keeps on giving half baked updates that to 4 month behind schedule.

I am done i will better use my lost and found nokia 1100.

I am luck / wise enuff to buy a cheap Lumia 520, i would have sucided if i had wasted my money on a highe end Lumia by now..

Faceplam to my self

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

sameermehta2

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I like the os cause its simple plus running on nokia makes it work much better but still feel that WP is missing some sort of temptations,i read the review of moto g it actually attracts users(don't take it wrong i like my nl520 & want it to be more popular)

Speedygi

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Really?
I dont even miss BBM now, I cant imagine paying extra money just to be on BBM while others paid a fraction to use whatsapp.

BB was good, no doubt, but its kingdom has collapsed.

Like a ship that long sailed and passed onto another continent, but alas for a ship that sailed over a million downloads is still a boatload worth talking about...

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Like a ship that long sailed and passed onto another continent, but alas for a ship that sailed over a million downloads is still a boatload worth talking about...

A pal of mine did a lot of seduction for wooing me into WP8, I was a droid pal but always disliked the lags that came with the fun.
That bloke is getting married in Feb lmao.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
BBM is free. What's the extra cost?

Sigh, BBM is free, but if you want to communicate with people using BBM you have to pay differently to the operator, because Blackberry uses a different connection as opposed to Droids or Win Phones.
Atleast thats whats the story here.

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Sigh, BBM is free, but if you want to communicate with people using BBM you have to pay differently to the operator, because Blackberry uses a different connection as opposed to Droids or Win Phones.

Only if you actually have a BB phone.

Speedygi

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

The new BB10 phones like Z10 and Z30 does not require anything more than a normal data connection. You have a data plan, you can enjoy BBM on the phone of your choice now (BBM being cross-platform now).

But no Windows Phone version....

Mike_J

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I run a business that relies on Exchange
WP8 just works!
Skydrive works, one note, Office
Clean, simple, efficient.

I don't need 10,000 apps (that said every single app I want is now available) - I want rock solid security and a phone that is reliable

Staff have Lumia 520, 620, 720, 820, 920, 925 and I rock a 1020 (I might have a 1020 but seriously the Lumia 520 must be the worlds best value smart phone - great bit of gear for almost nothing)

Different phones for user levels but exactly the same experience

P.S. The Lumia 1020 is just awesome for photo's!

Yugiro

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Beofre I became a Windows Phone user, I have had a Samsung Android Phone it was still the Gingerbread version. Then I moved to Sony Xperia also a Gingerbread version with a promise to be upgradable to the next version of Android. I really wanted a smooth and fluid OS plus a good camera and I didn't get them in any of the device I have used. When i saw the ad about Windows Phone, I immediately head to the store and got myself a Nokia Lumia 920 last year. I got it on launch day in Dubai. With one year of using my Lumia 920, I can say I have fulfilled all my needs on a smartphone. I have no complaints on apps because all apps I needed were already there and some has alternative if they are missing. I only need an upgrade this time but of course still with another Windows Phone device. Maybe the 1020 or 1520.

Yugiro

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, that same reason when I got my Nokia Lumia 920. Everyone has Andorid or iOS, so when you have Windows Phone, you turn their heads!

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
The new BB10 phones like Z10 and Z30 does not require anything more than a normal data connection. You have a data plan, you can enjoy BBM on the phone of your choice now (BBM being cross-platform now).

But no Windows Phone version....

With the failure starting from Bold 5, I wouldn't be interested in investing $450 on a dead platform.
Dead here means, developers are losing interest on the platform, besides a few people I saw had Q5 and Z10 were weeping tears, because the phone is laggy like hell and unstable like a car falling from a cliff.

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I came to WP chiefly because of familiarity with and loyalty to Microsoft, whose desktop and Office Suite products I've used for the entirety of my working career. This business relationship began before any of the earlier iterations of WP, so for much of this time I have maintained a parallel familiarity with an, affinity for and loyal to Blackberry phones and OS, which I still maintain. Blackberry has been a constant and dependable presence in my work and life. BB10 OS continues to be my most favored UI and OS (and I have familiarity also with IOS and Android). But events and the market being what they are, I did begin to explore fallback plans if this dependability should come into serious question in the future. For my needs and preference, it is not enough that my phone be still functioning; I want a device and an OS that will continue to evolve and refine and grow.

Visually, W7 first caught my eye and then interest as an alternative. By now, most of my desktops have migrated to Windows 8.1, so the metro-tile conventions have become increasingly familiar to me, and they held out the promise, in their visual similarity, of greater and more seamless integration with my desktops, my Surface Pro and my laptops. As of now, and in this regard, WP is still more promise than delivery, but I'm hopeful that WP 8.1 will be a great leap forward when its released next year. As of right now, I have better integration with and control of my Microsoft related files and programs with my BB Z30 than I do with my Lumia 1520, notwithstanding the obvious.

My specific excuse to actually get a WP was to evaluate the platform for a partner, but my experience with the 1520 quickly confirmed that for me, WP is a more intuitive, smoother and visually pleasing UI than either Android or IOS. And it really stands apart, as for all my appreciation of BB10, it visually is not all that different than either the way most people set up Android or the way IOS is imposed on its customers. There is an appreciable sense and feel of freshness with WP. It has vast potential. I hope for better integration as WP continues to mature, but there are few other drawbacks for me in using it, and a whole lot to recommend it.

Speedygi

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
A lot of times they shake their heads a scowl :winktongue:

Very good points. You were in the Windows/office ecosystem and it was a natural progression for you to get a Windows Phone to complement your usage needs. Not many people I know say that and, now that I have thought of it, I realized how most people who loved the Windows Phone platform are those who most likely wanted to keep the familiar Windows office apps in their lives on their phones as well. This is an understated feature of Windows Phone that I must say resonates with me too.

Of course I do agree with your points on the Metro UI too.

Keep the passion for the platform alive!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Speedygi

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
With the failure starting from Bold 5, I wouldn't be interested in investing $450 on a dead platform.
Dead here means, developers are losing interest on the platform, besides a few people I saw had Q5 and Z10 were weeping tears, because the phone is laggy like hell and unstable like a car falling from a cliff.

I would disagree with lag being on the Z10 and the Q5, because I have used them and experienced little to no lag on pretty much everything I have done on them. As for stability I will say it's definitely much better now with the 10.2 update for BB10 phones, but that's because the platform is relatively new and still needs to keep its bearings, and hopefully improve to the level of its competing counterparts.

I would agree that Windows Phone is more polished an experience, but I wouldn't say the Z10 or the other BB10 phones are bad.

chris_t

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Got my 520 cause it was free with my provider. Have it for two days now and I have to say I love it.

Main reason to choose WP...security and handset prices.

My other phone is a Legacy BB Curve, which I"LL update to a Z10 soon.

Got my hands on a Huawei P6 y'day, and even though the phone has really got the wow-factor it's now for sale, I really can't cope with the s***ty Android.

Sent from my RM-914_eu_hungary_422 using Tapatalk

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I would disagree with lag being on the Z10 and the Q5, because I have used them and experienced little to no lag on pretty much everything I have done on them. As for stability I will say it's definitely much better now with the 10.2 update for BB10 phones, but that's because the platform is relatively new and still needs to keep its bearings, and hopefully improve to the level of its competing counterparts.

I would agree that Windows Phone is more polished an experience, but I wouldn't say the Z10 or the other BB10 phones are bad.

Am not saying bad, its just not good compared to others ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234