12-18-2013 07:02 PM
62 123
tools
    MS sell Xbox at higher price in India than usa because here there R may 3rd party dealer in between who takes profit and thus consol becomes more costly. Its sucks. If they introduced a online store they can bypass all 3rd party dealer and sell.
    Also usa has price match so Ms cant sell them cheap in india if they do store retailer will go mad

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk
    Huh, wtf? You just said two completely opposite things. One, that they should sell online to bypass retailer mark up. But two, they can't sell online because it will **** Indian retailers off.

I really don't get what you are wanting from MS. The truth of the matter is, the US is where the money is for Xbox One. I'm sure over time it will apply more globally, but that means you got to wait or buy a PS4. And that's your choice. But stop hyping on MS for making logical business decisions.
    12-14-2013 10:45 AM
    Hmmm even Spotify has expaded its market in many countries in Latin America, even Bolivia which is the most forgotten one. I only see a lack of interest of Microsoft in other markets, nothing more. No Xbox music, no surface, no Xbox one, no complete Bing search experience, service limitations... Hmmm Microsoft sucks everywhere except US
    12-15-2013 01:39 AM
    Than why should non usa people even buy Microsoft products?? I want to buy moliplayer, but payment fails. Enquired my bank they told its restricted as per law to make such payments. I cant open an account in Citibank,just for buying moliplayer...
    India

Sent via tapatalk
    12-15-2013 02:20 AM
    Than why should non usa people even buy Microsoft products?? I want to buy moliplayer, but payment fails. Enquired my bank they told its restricted as per law to make such payments. I cant open an account in Citibank,just for buying moliplayer...
    India

Sent via tapatalk
    People in non-us countries buy Microsoft because the features that are there are worth it for them. Just because they struggle to bring some features on the X1, doesn't mean their entire portfolio is worthless across borders.

And you just pointed out more examples of companies that can't provide service due to local laws or cross border complications. At the company I work for, we have to charge twice as much for our service across borders because of how expensive and difficult it is to provide that service internationally.

Any company will generally cater to their native country and/or the country where the most demand/opportunity is. For Microsoft/X1, cleary the US is where the opportunity is at.
    12-15-2013 04:21 PM
    The problem is the inside policy that the country itself throws at the companies and the deal they will make. There are always fees that MS or Nokia or whoever needs to pay.
    To all of you from India: the problem that you can't buy apps with your credit card is the country and banking policy failing to make a deal or fulfill expectations and standards that are safe and needed. I come from Macedonia and our banks made a deal with the EU and World Bank, gave a lot money to meet the required standards.
    There are complicated politics taking place in those deals. Its not that companies like MS don't want to expand their growth, its just they are pushed into a corner and need to make calculations on how much a deal like that will pay off.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 using Tapatalk
    12-15-2013 04:55 PM
    To all of you from India: the problem that you can't buy apps with your credit card is the country and banking policy failing to make a deal or fulfill expectations and standards that are safe and needed.
    Of course we can buy apps with our credit cards. Do you really think that we live only on free apps over here? No we don't. The point of this thread is to make the services like Xbox rewards, Xbox Music available to us.
    12-16-2013 12:31 AM
    Who said that people from India cannot buy apps? There is always a service called Entropay. Use it if necessary. However things like Xbox Music or Bing rewards are utmost essential out here.
    DBZo07 likes this.
    12-16-2013 12:45 AM
    Of course we can buy apps with our credit cards. Do you really think that we live only on free apps over here? No we don't. The point of this thread is to make the services like Xbox rewards, Xbox Music available to us.

sir, which bank is allowing payments on stores?
    I tried 5 national banks,
    Sbi
    Canada
    Boi
    Ubi
    Bob
    Non of them works..

Sent via tapatalk
    12-16-2013 01:02 AM
    Who said that people from India cannot buy apps? There is always a service called Entropay. Use it if necessary. However things like Xbox Music or Bing rewards are utmost essential out here.
    Someone mentioned that they can't buy apps with their credit card.
    Anyway, the same goes for buying subscriptions and that is much more complicated, since we are talking about music and film.

I can understand how services like Nokia MixRadio, Spotify, or Netflix, don't want to bother, with a country like mine, with Macedonia having a population of 2 million, but will never get how they are not fighting for India with a potential market of 1.2 billion people (maybe?), or more, don't exactly know the precise number.

To sum it all, it's the bad politics, our governments are applying to those services. Also it's the bad economy we have.
    12-16-2013 10:02 AM
    ^And overall ROI.

If all those restrictions and expenses in the country of service make that service A) Expensive to provide B) Unmarketable as a result, then Microsoft ROI is going to be zero, if not negative.
    tgp likes this.
    12-16-2013 09:18 PM
    Ok at least ms should let us buy apps from major bank and credit card dealer if not from carrier billing

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk
    12-17-2013 11:37 AM
    Ok at least ms should let us buy apps from major bank and credit card dealer if not from carrier billing

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk
    huh? Application availability is up to the developer.
    12-18-2013 07:02 PM
62 123