Will Microsoft ignore NON-USA market?

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
well from what I know the simple reason they don't offer much outside the U.S. is that the laws of most foreign countries are not to favorable. It takes some time to get things setup and to work out all the many hoops they have to jump through in some of these countries. And for india I have to ask for the large investment in some of these services like music and videos how many people do you think will actually subscribe. So to say I have traveled a lot and many of the third world emerging economies would not be of a good degree ROI wise good. Until the U.S. consumer stops buying, the big money will remain with selling things to the U.S. consumer. For all others you just have to hope that it will trickle down eventually.

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
well from what I know the simple reason they don't offer much outside the U.S. is that the laws of most foreign countries are not to favorable.
. And for india I have to ask for the large investment in some of these services like music and videos how many people do you think will actually subscribe.
. Until the U.S. consumer stops buying, the big money will remain with selling things to the U.S. consumer.

kidding?
You just visited a 3rd world country. I live on a 3rd word country. I see more Lumia than even Elop in a day.
And to say indian will not subscriber to music and other is LIE. I have nokia music subscription and so does my 20 friend.
And how do you get to know that people of developing country will not buy music and video? When WE DONT EVEN get a chance to

buy them?
Microsoft say developing countries don't buys app and games.... HOW CAN WE BUY ? Ms doesn't except our Creditcard and debit card.

And about US is money make.... Ms doesn't even has 3% of us market of mobile. You Expect them to make money out of it?

Nokia was out of usa for about 15 year still dominated.
Apple only focus on USA have you seen their position now? 20% to 13% decline in share in a year.
Look at Samsung they focused on other countries more than usa. After than USA them self accepted them.

About country law? R you joking?

MS gave 20$ credit to ALL Lumia in USA

But restricted the same offer to 1020 in India
Now don't say our goverment said to to 520 and 920 guys

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
I think the Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2 would sell in India. I dont know what is stoping MS to sell it. Still waiting for news about Xbox one in India.

They will not as we don't have money like usa even thought India buys more smartphone and tablet than USA /not a s

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Reason for strict taxation laws in India?

India is a developing country. Tax department tries to squeeze all big fish to complete their budgeted target, which all developing countries do. Law has to be strong enough to protect the country's interest, or else people take advantage of loopholes, famous case Vodafone, which Indian Government lost just because of loopholes..

Tax evasion is not tolerable for any country irrespective of developed or developing status.

Other way round, people don't care of xbox games/music/videos.. There are ample of sources for this.. People are not depended on MS premium services. Simply speaking Nokia is the gate to entry in Indian Market.. Slowly but surely, things will change... India taxation law regarding international taxation have changed drastically, double taxation avoidance treaty are signed between countries...

So our future generations will taste international products with usa/uk.

Sent via tapatalk

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
Other way round, people don't care of xbox games/music/videos.. There are ample of sources for this.. People are not depended on MS premium services. Simply speaking Nokia is the gate to entry in Indian Market.. Slowly but surely, things will change... India taxation law regarding international taxation have changed drastically, double taxation avoidance treaty are signed between countries...

So our future generations will taste international products will usa/uk.

Sent via tapatalk

Hers the problem. Xbox one if comes to India will not have any extra feature as compare to 360, no support for english(India), bing suck in India. Not even a single feature. Have you look at ps4? 90% of it feature except Netflix an hulu will come to India .

My only problem is ok Ms doesn't provide services to India/asia and Europe, So we get less feature
SO WHY SHOULD WE PAY SAME OR MORE MONEY as compare to USa who gets all features.
Less ffeatures less money should be taken.

You Know the HHappiest moment of my Life was is month when i heard that USA WILL GET A nerfed version of Lumia 1520 half storage and no inbuit wireless charging.Rest of world will get a better product .
All of American felt the same with ATT anouncemt what we fell after ever release

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Hers the problem. Xbox one if comes to India will not have any extra feature as compare to 360, no support for english(India), bing suck in India. Not even a single feature. Have you look at ps4? 90% of it feature except Netflix an hulu will come to India .

My only problem is ok Ms doesn't provide services to India/asia and Europe, So we get less feature
SO WHY SHOULD WE PAY SAME OR MORE MONEY as compare to USa who gets all features.
Less ffeatures less money should be taken.

You Know the HHappiest moment of my Life was is month when i heard that USA WILL GET A nerfed version of Lumia 1520 half storage and no inbuit wireless charging.Rest of world will get a better product .
All of American felt the same with ATT anouncemt what we fell after ever release

What features are you talking about? The only features I know of on the X1 that will not necessarily translate across borders are the features dependent on 3rd party participation. Things like TV integration, Xbox Music, and Xbox Video rely on third parties such as cable providers and record/music labels.

You can't knock Microsoft for not bringing features overseas that the PS4 doesn't even have in the first place. Then celebrate Sony for keeping all their features which are equivalent to the features X1 will have overseas as well.

You pay the same price because that's what the hardware costs. Complain about the XBL subscription all day, but the hardware is still the same and costs the same to produce. From the sounds of it, Microsoft is essentially selling the X1 at cost. So they have no wiggle room to reduce price without losing money.

Also, the 1520 comparison is not the same thing. ATT is specifically dumbing down the 1520 because of their bias towards the other wireless charging technology.

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
What features are you talking about? The only features I know of on the X1 that will not necessarily translate across borders are the features dependent on 3rd party participation. Things like TV integration, Xbox Music, and Xbox Video rely on third parties such as cable providers and record/music labels.

You pay the same price because that's what the hardware costs. Complain about the XBL subscription all day, but the hardware is still the same and costs the same to produce. From the sounds of it, Microsoft is essentially selling the X1 at cost. So they have no wiggle room to reduce price without losing money.

so Xbox one will have no Other use than gaming in Asia. People will give there money to Sony ps4.
This is it. If Ms will not provide services we will not give them money.
Revenue loss for them.

Yes they have room for drecrease of price.

they don't have to install non necessary software and don't need to provide us services like language and voice. Exclusion of such paid software services which we Asian don't have a f about will down the cost.
Also Ms can sell directly though online store. X box her cost 2 time usa just like google do.
If Ms cant provide then the one who provides gets money.
Just look at google initiatives nexus 5 and 7 sold directly through playstore

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
so Xbox one will have no Other use than gaming in Asia. People will give there money to Sony ps4.
Revenue loss for them.

they don't have to install non necessary software and don't need to provide us services like language and voice. Exclusion of such paid software services which we Asian don't have a f about will down the cost.
Also Ms can sell directly though online store. X box her cost 2 time usa just like google do.

Wait, you were just complaining that they are removing features for Asia but then proposing that they remove language and voice (a key feature) to reduce the price? And you think those items are what makes up the price of the Xbox? They don't. The HARDWARE is what costs $500. All that power costs money. MS sells directly from their online store in the US and its no cheaper here. Why would it suddenly make a difference in Asia?

I don't know what you mean by the rest of that gibberish. No offense, but I thinks its pretty clear they need to provide language support.

I don't think you know what you want.

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Simply speaking again,
Microsoft makes very negligible profit from each console sold. Its obvious that MS knows people in usa will buy all other services where the real source profit is. Whereas in Asia, people don't care about MS services as its not available here. That's real profit loss. Earning from console itself is not their main business moto. May be that's why Asian is ignored.
Asia has huge potential of consumers. Nokia is one who has market in Asia... That is what MS-Nokia deal is all about.. Chennai plant has already been given a green signal from Indian government. Soon things will change..
So keep calm and wait..

Sent via tapatalk

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site

Revenue loss for them.

MS sell Xbox at higher price in India than usa because here there R may 3rd party dealer in between who takes profit and thus consol becomes more costly. Its sucks. If they introduced a online store they can bypass all 3rd party dealer and sell.
Also usa has price match so Ms cant sell them cheap in india if they do store retailer will go mad

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
MS sell Xbox at higher price in India than usa because here there R may 3rd party dealer in between who takes profit and thus consol becomes more costly. Its sucks. If they introduced a online store they can bypass all 3rd party dealer and sell.
Also usa has price match so Ms cant sell them cheap in india if they do store retailer will go mad

Huh, wtf? You just said two completely opposite things. One, that they should sell online to bypass retailer mark up. But two, they can't sell online because it will **** Indian retailers off.

I really don't get what you are wanting from MS. The truth of the matter is, the US is where the money is for Xbox One. I'm sure over time it will apply more globally, but that means you got to wait or buy a PS4. And that's your choice. But stop hyping on MS for making logical business decisions.

AlvaroSoliz94

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm even Spotify has expaded its market in many countries in Latin America, even Bolivia which is the most forgotten one. I only see a lack of interest of Microsoft in other markets, nothing more. No Xbox music, no surface, no Xbox one, no complete Bing search experience, service limitations... Hmmm Microsoft sucks everywhere except US

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Than why should non usa people even buy Microsoft products?? I want to buy moliplayer, but payment fails. Enquired my bank they told its restricted as per law to make such payments. I cant open an account in Citibank,just for buying moliplayer...
India

Sent via tapatalk

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Than why should non usa people even buy Microsoft products?? I want to buy moliplayer, but payment fails. Enquired my bank they told its restricted as per law to make such payments. I cant open an account in Citibank,just for buying moliplayer...
India

Sent via tapatalk

People in non-us countries buy Microsoft because the features that are there are worth it for them. Just because they struggle to bring some features on the X1, doesn't mean their entire portfolio is worthless across borders.

And you just pointed out more examples of companies that can't provide service due to local laws or cross border complications. At the company I work for, we have to charge twice as much for our service across borders because of how expensive and difficult it is to provide that service internationally.

Any company will generally cater to their native country and/or the country where the most demand/opportunity is. For Microsoft/X1, cleary the US is where the opportunity is at.

archimess

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
The problem is the inside policy that the country itself throws at the companies and the deal they will make. There are always fees that MS or Nokia or whoever needs to pay.
To all of you from India: the problem that you can't buy apps with your credit card is the country and banking policy failing to make a deal or fulfill expectations and standards that are safe and needed. I come from Macedonia and our banks made a deal with the EU and World Bank, gave a lot money to meet the required standards.
There are complicated politics taking place in those deals. Its not that companies like MS don't want to expand their growth, its just they are pushed into a corner and need to make calculations on how much a deal like that will pay off.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 using Tapatalk

Vikram Dinesh

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
To all of you from India: the problem that you can't buy apps with your credit card is the country and banking policy failing to make a deal or fulfill expectations and standards that are safe and needed.

Of course we can buy apps with our credit cards. Do you really think that we live only on free apps over here? No we don't. The point of this thread is to make the services like Xbox rewards, Xbox Music available to us.

avigyan

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Who said that people from India cannot buy apps? There is always a service called Entropay. Use it if necessary. However things like Xbox Music or Bing rewards are utmost essential out here.

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Of course we can buy apps with our credit cards. Do you really think that we live only on free apps over here? No we don't. The point of this thread is to make the services like Xbox rewards, Xbox Music available to us.

sir, which bank is allowing payments on stores?
I tried 5 national banks,
Sbi
Canada
Boi
Ubi
Bob
Non of them works..

Sent via tapatalk

archimess

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Who said that people from India cannot buy apps? There is always a service called Entropay. Use it if necessary. However things like Xbox Music or Bing rewards are utmost essential out here.

Someone mentioned that they can't buy apps with their credit card.
Anyway, the same goes for buying subscriptions and that is much more complicated, since we are talking about music and film.

I can understand how services like Nokia MixRadio, Spotify, or Netflix, don't want to bother, with a country like mine, with Macedonia having a population of 2 million, but will never get how they are not fighting for India with a potential market of 1.2 billion people (maybe?), or more, don't exactly know the precise number.

To sum it all, it's the bad politics, our governments are applying to those services. Also it's the bad economy we have.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
^And overall ROI.

If all those restrictions and expenses in the country of service make that service A) Expensive to provide B) Unmarketable as a result, then Microsoft ROI is going to be zero, if not negative.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo