Will Microsoft ignore NON-USA market?

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
So Microsoft has a history of ignoring Asia even Europe. We don't even have Xbox music in India. Only replacement being nokia music will be gone after Ms deals.

At least nokia care for Asia market special developing countries.

I can clearly see Microsoft not supporting surface outside usa and most of it support and service like Xbox music,bring reward are usa exclusive. Even deals are only offered to usa(help 99$tab need running w8)
Where as nokia gives deals and support to all countries.
Now that nokia is no more with wp and Lumia why shall nokia work to support developing countries???
And MS will just ignore developing countries like its doing now.

Sorry American but i don't want ms to be the next apple. And why the hell they should follow apple? Apple,ios loss of market share from 20% to 13% this year was not enuff...

Sorry for posting this so late but this thing need to be discussed how MS will handle international market.

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure that they will not ignore the global market, especially since Windows Phones are more popular now in countries other than the US.

I really hope Nokia Mix Radio isn't discontinued. I live in the US and subscribe to Nokia Mix Radio, since it's better than Xbox Music to me.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't think they'll ignore the global market either. In fact, I think they have their eyes on it. Microsoft are quite eager to gain some ground in Asia where Android dominates. Apple will never gain large marketshare in most parts of Asia and some European countries due to their high price. These areas are quite key for Microsoft to gain some more global marketshare. With Xbox Music, some services like this are not available or are limited in other countries due to licensing agreements with music/movie companies.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't think they'll ignore the global market either. In fact, I think they have their eyes on it. Microsoft are quite eager to gain some ground in Asia where Android dominates. Apple will never gain large marketshare in most parts of Asia and some European countries due to their high price. These areas are quite key for Microsoft to gain some more global marketshare. With Xbox Music, some services like this are not available or are limited in other countries due to licensing agreements with music/movie companies.

THIS

People really don't understand companies may not be in a region due to large complications providing that service there. Especially licensed items like music. Record companies hold a lot of control over their music, who gets to use it, and how.

Also, some countries have laws that make offering deals or other items more complex or impossible.

Hell, look at what India is doing to Nokia. They're exploiting them for money by claiming bull**** owed tax amounts that they magically changed just this week from 340 million to 3.4 billion. It's just ridiculous.

I work at a global business that has to deal with cross border transactions all day long. It's just not easy providing any service across the border. And it doesn't help that Microsoft has been a target for a long time. I'm surprised the EU hasn't destroyed their Nokia deal.

The global market is important for Windows Phone and Microsoft in general. I don't think they intentionally neglect specific countries or regions.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Also does Microsoft know how to handle devices in international market ... No

There's a reason they bought Nokia's Devices and Services division. And it's not just because of the hardware. Nokia's infrastructure and existing contracts across the globe make it much easier for MS to work globally.

While MS is a global company, they were primarily enterprise focused. Nokia has a lot of things in place that are consumer focused that would take MS years to do if they did it on their own.

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
There's a reason they bought Nokia's Devices and Services division. And it's not just because of the hardware. Nokia's infrastructure and existing contracts across the globe make it much easier for MS to work globally.

While MS is a global company, they were primarily enterprise focused. Nokia has a lot of things in place that are consumer focused that would take MS years to do if they did it on their own.

this is what worries me. Microsoft and nokia are totally two different companies. Microsoft has no experience over consumer market. And nokia has no experience over enterprise market.

The merge is either a sink or swim.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
this is what worries me. Microsoft and nokia are totally two different companies. Microsoft has no experience over consumer market. And nokia has no experience over enterprise market.

Why would that worry you? MS bought a company that has strengths that fix where MS was weak.

You'd really have to try to be super negative.

Vyenkatesh

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
In Short, Microsoft must make sure that they provide equal attention to India too. Almost all the lumia models are being made available in India after some months they are launched in other parts of the world. i.e. 820, 920, 925 and now 1520. The curiosity and interest generated after Nokia's advertisement dies after long wait.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

What? MS has been selling to consumers for 30 years. I guess you are too young to remember the Windows 95 craze.

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
What? MS has been selling to consumers for 30 years. I guess you are too young to remember the Windows 95 craze.

its not like 90's. There was only one option then windows. Rest all sucked. Now it not like this. We have android and ios which are both in many term better than windows phone.

Also blue being a major update will come along the time of merge. If blue doesn't deliver much then wp will die then and there for ever and ever after

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Blue? Let black come first..
Or i will beat my Lumia till its black & blue...
Lol..

Sent from my RM-941_im_india_204 using Tapatalk

EauRouge

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
MS does need to look at the world. I hope they do a better job than they had before, especially with technology becoming all pervasive absolutely everywhere.

But I want to point out that I'm from Canada, and MS has taken care of us well, but not always as well as the States.

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
MS does need to look at the world. I hope they do a better job than they had before, especially with technology becoming all pervasive absolutely everywhere.

But I want to point out that I'm from Canada, and MS has taken care of us well, but not always as well as the States.

here in India we don't have a single worth Ms service.
Only worth thing were nokia services which gave exclusive experience to Lumia. Now that

nokia will provide its service to other (android and iOS) its no brain to buy a Lumia in India, Ms should expand it services to compensate loss of services from nokia

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
True.. I never thought that.. I totally agree to you.
Ms services in India?? No
where... If you would have meet me before I would have definitely dropped plan to buy Lumia. I found os to be future.. But the creator is least interested.. Huge market in India still no MSFT services... :'(

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
THIS

People really don't understand companies may not be in a region due to large complications providing that service there. Especially licensed items like music. Record companies hold a lot of control over their music, who gets to use it, and how.

Also, some countries have laws that make offering deals or other items more complex or impossible.

I work at a global business that has to deal with cross border transactions all day long. It's just not easy providing any service across the border.

1-so why doesn't Ms provide bing reward in
India and other countries to allow people buy apps from store. It being a virtual currency is free from exchange rate thus free from government interferences. I cant see any logic in it.

2-Also about that 3.4 billion.
I think its ina RS not in$ is like 50million $ same as what Samsung paid to app for bounce back patent.

3- about x box music- they have already licences to sell music. Doesn't matter which country. Licensed music can be sold every wee just like DVD's.

4- Microsoft has not bought any carrier billing support in India or any other country. Where as NOKIA HAS DONE IT. apps from nokia collection support carrier billig. It must for India as MS doesn't accept credit card and debit card from many bank across India, people will not just make a new bank account just to get apps.
If nokia can then why MS didn't
WP market share is literally high India.
And were we the hard core follower who gave the first base of a stupid wp7 os.

Ms is trying to be next apple. Heck even apple is on the way to hell

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
1-so why doesn't Ms provide bing reward in
India and other countries to allow people buy apps from store. It being a virtual currency is free from exchange rate thus free from government interferences. I cant see any logic in it.

2-Also about that 3.4 billion.

I think its ina RS not in$ is like 50million $ same as what Samsung paid to app for bounce back patent.

3- about x box music- they have already licences to sell music. Doesn't matter which country. Licensed music can be sold every wee just like DVD's.

4- Microsoft has not bought any carrier billing support in India or any other country. Where as NOKIA HAS DONE IT. apps from nokia collection support carrier billig. It must for India as MS doesn't accept credit card and debit card from many bank across India, people will not just make a new bank account just to get apps.

If nokia can then why MS didn't

WP market share is literally high India.

And were we the hard core follower who gave the first base of a stupid wp7 os.

Ms is trying to be next apple. Heck even apple is on the way to hell

This guy has bulls eye points...
I have account in one of the top bank of India. I want to buy so many apps but i cant buy.. Stores doesn't allow me...

I suppose there is a law in India governing this..
Law is that a foreign company cant perform e-Commerce activities in India.. That's the reason why walmart was stopped from doing business in India.. And bharti-walmart tie up is failing...

But in recent amendments, Govt. Of India has already allowed such e-Commerce activities... Microsoft needs to tie up with Indian Company for the same...

I am sure, Microsoft have this in their road map... But they are procrastinating..

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
This guy has bulls eye points...

I have account in one of the top bank of India. I want to buy so many apps but i cant buy.. Stores doesn't allow me...

I suppose there is a law in India governing this..

Law is that a foreign company cant perform e-Commerce activities in India.. That's the reason why walmart was stopped from doing business in India.. And bharti-walmart tie up is failing...

But in recent amendments, Govt. Of India has already allowed such e-Commerce activities... Microsoft needs to tie up with Indian Company for the same...

I am sure, Microsoft have this in their road map... But they are procrastinating..

in short
Is it difficult to

provided services and offer to other countries?
Yes

Can Ms provide services and offer to other countries? Yes

Is Ms interested to do so?
NO

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I wouldn't say that is the case. Microsoft has Xbox, which is definitely a strong consumer product.

Symbian devices also were popular in enterprise everywhere except in the US.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro