12-18-2013 07:02 PM
62 123
tools
    So Microsoft has a history of ignoring Asia even Europe. We don't even have Xbox music in India. Only replacement being nokia music will be gone after Ms deals.

At least nokia care for Asia market special developing countries.

I can clearly see Microsoft not supporting surface outside usa and most of it support and service like Xbox music,bring reward are usa exclusive. Even deals are only offered to usa(help 99$tab need running w8)
    Where as nokia gives deals and support to all countries.
    Now that nokia is no more with wp and Lumia why shall nokia work to support developing countries???
    And MS will just ignore developing countries like its doing now.

Sorry American but i don't want ms to be the next apple. And why the hell they should follow apple? Apple,ios loss of market share from 20% to 13% this year was not enuff...

Sorry for posting this so late but this thing need to be discussed how MS will handle international market.

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk
    arjunan and AlvaroSoliz94 like this.
    12-11-2013 12:08 PM
    I'm sure that they will not ignore the global market, especially since Windows Phones are more popular now in countries other than the US.

I really hope Nokia Mix Radio isn't discontinued. I live in the US and subscribe to Nokia Mix Radio, since it's better than Xbox Music to me.
    dznk likes this.
    12-11-2013 12:25 PM
    I don't think they'll ignore the global market either. In fact, I think they have their eyes on it. Microsoft are quite eager to gain some ground in Asia where Android dominates. Apple will never gain large marketshare in most parts of Asia and some European countries due to their high price. These areas are quite key for Microsoft to gain some more global marketshare. With Xbox Music, some services like this are not available or are limited in other countries due to licensing agreements with music/movie companies.
    Reflexx likes this.
    12-11-2013 01:01 PM
    No!
    12-11-2013 08:38 PM
    Also does Microsoft know how to handle devices in international market ... No

12-11-2013 08:50 PM
    I don't think they'll ignore the global market either. In fact, I think they have their eyes on it. Microsoft are quite eager to gain some ground in Asia where Android dominates. Apple will never gain large marketshare in most parts of Asia and some European countries due to their high price. These areas are quite key for Microsoft to gain some more global marketshare. With Xbox Music, some services like this are not available or are limited in other countries due to licensing agreements with music/movie companies.
    THIS

People really don't understand companies may not be in a region due to large complications providing that service there. Especially licensed items like music. Record companies hold a lot of control over their music, who gets to use it, and how.

Also, some countries have laws that make offering deals or other items more complex or impossible.

Hell, look at what India is doing to Nokia. They're exploiting them for money by claiming bull**** owed tax amounts that they magically changed just this week from 340 million to 3.4 billion. It's just ridiculous.

I work at a global business that has to deal with cross border transactions all day long. It's just not easy providing any service across the border. And it doesn't help that Microsoft has been a target for a long time. I'm surprised the EU hasn't destroyed their Nokia deal.

The global market is important for Windows Phone and Microsoft in general. I don't think they intentionally neglect specific countries or regions.
    Reflexx and forked like this.
    12-11-2013 09:30 PM
    Also does Microsoft know how to handle devices in international market ... No

There's a reason they bought Nokia's Devices and Services division. And it's not just because of the hardware. Nokia's infrastructure and existing contracts across the globe make it much easier for MS to work globally.

While MS is a global company, they were primarily enterprise focused. Nokia has a lot of things in place that are consumer focused that would take MS years to do if they did it on their own.
    spaulagain likes this.
    12-11-2013 10:32 PM
    There's a reason they bought Nokia's Devices and Services division. And it's not just because of the hardware. Nokia's infrastructure and existing contracts across the globe make it much easier for MS to work globally.

While MS is a global company, they were primarily enterprise focused. Nokia has a lot of things in place that are consumer focused that would take MS years to do if they did it on their own.

this is what worries me. Microsoft and nokia are totally two different companies. Microsoft has no experience over consumer market. And nokia has no experience over enterprise market.

The merge is either a sink or swim.

12-11-2013 11:51 PM
    this is what worries me. Microsoft and nokia are totally two different companies. Microsoft has no experience over consumer market. And nokia has no experience over enterprise market.

Why would that worry you? MS bought a company that has strengths that fix where MS was weak.

You'd really have to try to be super negative.
    forked and Editguy1900 like this.
    12-12-2013 01:21 AM
    In Short, Microsoft must make sure that they provide equal attention to India too. Almost all the lumia models are being made available in India after some months they are launched in other parts of the world. i.e. 820, 920, 925 and now 1520. The curiosity and interest generated after Nokia's advertisement dies after long wait.
    12-12-2013 02:46 AM

What? MS has been selling to consumers for 30 years. I guess you are too young to remember the Windows 95 craze.
    12-12-2013 02:51 AM
    What? MS has been selling to consumers for 30 years. I guess you are too young to remember the Windows 95 craze.

its not like 90's. There was only one option then windows. Rest all sucked. Now it not like this. We have android and ios which are both in many term better than windows phone.

Also blue being a major update will come along the time of merge. If blue doesn't deliver much then wp will die then and there for ever and ever after

12-12-2013 06:55 AM
    Blue? Let black come first..
    Or i will beat my Lumia till its black & blue...
    Lol..

Sent from my RM-941_im_india_204 using Tapatalk
    techiez and rakesh1995 like this.
    12-12-2013 07:18 AM
    MS does need to look at the world. I hope they do a better job than they had before, especially with technology becoming all pervasive absolutely everywhere.

But I want to point out that I'm from Canada, and MS has taken care of us well, but not always as well as the States.
    12-12-2013 09:31 AM
    MS does need to look at the world. I hope they do a better job than they had before, especially with technology becoming all pervasive absolutely everywhere.

But I want to point out that I'm from Canada, and MS has taken care of us well, but not always as well as the States.

here in India we don't have a single worth Ms service.
    Only worth thing were nokia services which gave exclusive experience to Lumia. Now that

nokia will provide its service to other (android and iOS) its no brain to buy a Lumia in India, Ms should expand it services to compensate loss of services from nokia

12-12-2013 10:11 AM
    True.. I never thought that.. I totally agree to you.
    Ms services in India?? No
    where... If you would have meet me before I would have definitely dropped plan to buy Lumia. I found os to be future.. But the creator is least interested.. Huge market in India still no MSFT services... :'(

12-12-2013 10:41 AM
    THIS

People really don't understand companies may not be in a region due to large complications providing that service there. Especially licensed items like music. Record companies hold a lot of control over their music, who gets to use it, and how.

Also, some countries have laws that make offering deals or other items more complex or impossible.

I work at a global business that has to deal with cross border transactions all day long. It's just not easy providing any service across the border.

1-so why doesn't Ms provide bing reward in
    India and other countries to allow people buy apps from store. It being a virtual currency is free from exchange rate thus free from government interferences. I cant see any logic in it.

2-Also about that 3.4 billion.
    I think its ina RS not in$ is like 50million $ same as what Samsung paid to app for bounce back patent.

3- about x box music- they have already licences to sell music. Doesn't matter which country. Licensed music can be sold every wee just like DVD's.

4- Microsoft has not bought any carrier billing support in India or any other country. Where as NOKIA HAS DONE IT. apps from nokia collection support carrier billig. It must for India as MS doesn't accept credit card and debit card from many bank across India, people will not just make a new bank account just to get apps.
    If nokia can then why MS didn't
    WP market share is literally high India.
    And were we the hard core follower who gave the first base of a stupid wp7 os.

Ms is trying to be next apple. Heck even apple is on the way to hell

12-12-2013 12:45 PM
    India and other countries to allow people buy apps from store. It being a virtual currency is free from exchange rate thus free from government interferences. I cant see any logic in it.

I think its ina RS not in$ is like 50million $ same as what Samsung paid to app for bounce back patent.

3- about x box music- they have already licences to sell music. Doesn't matter which country. Licensed music can be sold every wee just like DVD's.

4- Microsoft has not bought any carrier billing support in India or any other country. Where as NOKIA HAS DONE IT. apps from nokia collection support carrier billig. It must for India as MS doesn't accept credit card and debit card from many bank across India, people will not just make a new bank account just to get apps.

This guy has bulls eye points...
    I have account in one of the top bank of India. I want to buy so many apps but i cant buy.. Stores doesn't allow me...

I suppose there is a law in India governing this..
    Law is that a foreign company cant perform e-Commerce activities in India.. That's the reason why walmart was stopped from doing business in India.. And bharti-walmart tie up is failing...

But in recent amendments, Govt. Of India has already allowed such e-Commerce activities... Microsoft needs to tie up with Indian Company for the same...

I am sure, Microsoft have this in their road map... But they are procrastinating..

12-12-2013 01:51 PM
    This guy has bulls eye points...

I have account in one of the top bank of India. I want to buy so many apps but i cant buy.. Stores doesn't allow me...

I suppose there is a law in India governing this..

Law is that a foreign company cant perform e-Commerce activities in India.. That's the reason why walmart was stopped from doing business in India.. And bharti-walmart tie up is failing...

But in recent amendments, Govt. Of India has already allowed such e-Commerce activities... Microsoft needs to tie up with Indian Company for the same...

I am sure, Microsoft have this in their road map... But they are procrastinating..

in short
    Is it difficult to

provided services and offer to other countries?
    Yes

Can Ms provide services and offer to other countries? Yes

Is Ms interested to do so?
    NO

12-12-2013 02:33 PM

I wouldn't say that is the case. Microsoft has Xbox, which is definitely a strong consumer product.

Symbian devices also were popular in enterprise everywhere except in the US.
    12-12-2013 09:19 PM
    To an extent, you can't blame Microsoft for ignoring Asia. Asia ignores Microsoft, especially when it comes to video games. They just don't touch the Xbox, never really have. They prefer to be racial/geographical loyalists, so you see popularity for brands like Sony and Nintendo for games, then Samsung, ZTE, and whoever else for mobile devices. Microsoft doesn't need to waste resources on an Asian market that doesn't care about them.

Europe is another story, and they should look to improve their services over there. Europe's adopted Windows Phone better than the US, even is the Xbox doesn't reign supreme there, necessarily. Europe is worth the effort, and continuing to work in the emerging markets like India and Mexico for Windows Phone also makes sense. The rest of Asia (outside of India)? It's not as-promising an outlook, so I wouldn't care if Microsoft didn't put a bunch of resources into those markets.
    12-12-2013 09:34 PM

Incorrect, a DVD in the US is not the same as a DVD in Europe. I have a French version of Batman Begins on DVD I won at McDonalds in Paris. Guess what, I can't play it in my DVD/BluRay player here in the states...

Case in point...
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code

Again, there are cross border complications in media rights, offering sales, etc. Europe has specifically acknowledged the difficulties and is working to improve that in their region.
    http://mobile.theverge.com/2012/7/11...ensing-reforms

India banned people (peer to peer) from using PayPal because PayPal was operating like a bank (holding/exchanging money for customers) but was not operating as a part of the governments strict banking regulations.

Like I said, there are complications the average consumer doesn't understand or isn't completely unaware of when operating internationally. I'm not saying it's the entire reason they're missing services in other countries. But it's certainly a significant factor.
    Last edited by spaulagain; 12-12-2013 at 09:47 PM.
    DBZo07 and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-12-2013 09:36 PM
    http://wmpoweruser.com/india-release...l-to-go-ahead/
    12-12-2013 09:46 PM
    Good and bad news altogether..
    Good for consumers in India,
    Bad for nokia-Microsoft deal..
    Mitigation of tax liability is possible, so the bad news isn't bad too.. Its legal obligation which any country may impose..
    12-12-2013 10:02 PM
    You can't say "of course not!" in this case. Yes, it makes sense for that to be true, but Microsoft's approach so far does not make any sense.

• After three years, Microsoft still refuses to enable its podcast player globally.
    • The English (UK) language still fails to capitalise a single I.
    • Microsoft continues to offer awful prices on its media offerings. I find that in Australia, music and video often cost twice or more than competitors.
    • Nokia services are still only subsidised for non-Nokia devices in ~10 countries.
    • Search improvements did not roll out to other regions, but setting your search region to the US gives you the new features immediately.
    • Bing and its maps continues to be shameful outside of the US, and it can't rely on HERE anymore.
    a5cent likes this.
    12-12-2013 10:33 PM
62 123