http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=piczkTzl

Point your mouse to any link in the site. its getting redirected to http://ib.adnxs.com. I binged this website & its an ad malware. I am on corporate network & never got any viruses so far. Was panicked for a while & when checked from my peer's pc, its the same. This convinces the issue is on the website or on the network not my pc.
    12-13-2013 02:23 PM
    12-13-2013 02:30 PM
    Just tried it and the same is happening with me and that's the UK version of the page, so it could well be a worldwide issue then. All of the picture links on mine are being redirected to Adnnxs website, which is being blocked by OpenDNS for me as Adware. The text based links on the side and bottom of the page like Surface, Office, Download Centre etc are fine though.
    12-13-2013 02:46 PM
    I don't know... it is true that googling adnxs.com you see everyone talking about adware and trojans... but at adnxs.com they are actually just a company (called appnexus) which analyzes data for providing statistics and advertising.
    Not every links in Microsoft points to that, and considering what links points to adnxs.com it seems that Microsoft is just using appnexus for collecting and analyzing statistics.

I don't see anything suspicious here...
    Last edited by marcomura; 12-13-2013 at 04:23 PM.
    12-13-2013 03:00 PM
    went to the ms website for me
    12-13-2013 03:01 PM
    I don't know... it is true that googling adnxs.com you see everyone talking about adware and trojans... but at adnxs.com they are actually just a company (called appnexus) which analyzes data for providing statistics and advertising.
    Not every links in Microsoft points to that, and considering what links points to adnxs.com it seems that Microsoft is just using appnexus for collecting and analyzing statistics.

I don't see nothing suspicious here...
    I agree, I don't think it is malicious and you can see that each link has a different ID in the URL (to track clicks on different offers I presume). However, I'm using OpenDNS on my home router, just through personal preference, I haven't set it up to block anything in particular. But OpenDNS are blocking it as Adware, so there's a good chance other DNS services and company filters are as well. Maybe Microsoft just need to modify the links so they aren't pointing to Adnxs's website directly.
    12-13-2013 03:25 PM